NVIDIA Launches Titan V - First Consumer Volta GPU

NVIDIA TITAN V is the most powerful graphics card ever created for the PC, driven by the world’s most advanced architecture—NVIDIA Volta. NVIDIA’s supercomputing GPU architecture is now here for your PC, and fueling breakthroughs in every industry.

NVIDIA TITAN V has the power of 12 GB HBM2 memory and 640 Tensor Cores, delivering  110 TeraFLOPS of performance. Plus, it features Volta-optimized NVIDIA CUDA for maximum results.

Specs:

6 Graphics Processing Clusters
80 Streaming Multiprocessors
5120 CUDA Cores (single precision)
320 Texture Units
640 Tensor Cores
1200 MHz Base Clock (MHz)
1455 MHz Boost Clock (MHz)
850 MHz Memory Clock
1.7 Gbps Memory Data Rate
4608K L2 Cache Size
12288 MB HBM2 Total Video Memory
3072-bit Memory Interface
652.8 GB/s Total Memory Bandwidth
384 GigaTexels/sec Texture Rate (Bilinear)
12 nm Fabrication Process (TSMC 12nm FFN High Performance)
21.1 Billion Transistor Count

Can be yours for the low price of $3K

Source:  NVIDIA 

Sooo..yea there is that.  When will they announce/release the 2080's?  :) 

110 Tflops :o....... :o My 1080ti has 12!!!!! 

when you think a titan X costs 50% of this, its not that mad a price.....in comparison. 2x the cost for 10x the processing power.....so same price as SLI titanX but waaay more processing power.....GULP!

Just now, Xahid said:

The cost is unbelievable.

But I guess only "minners" will take the risk.

a pair of titan Xs cost roughly the same mate.

yea, 110 TFlops is nuts.  Though 3K is out of my price range ... this launch does intrigue me on what the future holds for the "normal" cards (i.e. 1080's)

18 minutes ago, Jim K said:

yea, 110 TFlops is nuts.  Though 3K is out of my price range ... this launch does intrigue me on what the future holds for the "normal" cards (i.e. 1080's)

if we say 9 1080tis thats the equiv GPU power, that comes in at roughly £5400 so bang per buck its not so bad, but mental money none the less. £3k was roughly what i spanked on my sig rig, never mind just a GPU.

Just now, Mando said:

if we say 9 1080tis thats the equiv GPU power, that comes in at roughly £5400 so bang per buck its not so bad, but mental money none the less.

argh ... I meant the upcoming 2080's...  :) 

1 minute ago, Jim K said:

argh ... I meant the upcoming 2080's...  :) 

I reckon theyll start at 1k, when you think on release the 1080ti FE were £699

Bet there are some who would SLI a pair of these too...220Tflops....omg my head hurts!

16 minutes ago, Mando said:

I reckon theyll start at 1k, when you think on release the 1080ti FE were £699

Bet there are some who would SLI a pair of these too...220Tflops....omg my head hurts!

Titan V doesn't support SLIor NVlink, so.

49 minutes ago, Mando said:

110 Tflops :o....... :o My 1080ti has 12!!!!!

That relates only to the tensor units, which are new and primarily for pure mathematics (i.e. they are ideally suited to AI calculations). They serve no purpose currently for gaming. In real terms it's a decent jump from the 1080Ti but not as much of a jump as some would have you believe. We'll see when the gaming benchmarks start appearing.

There will be a real consumer card along later with a more sensible price tag, though I'm still expecting it to be $700-1,000. That's the price range I was budgeting for. I can't justify $3,000 on a graphics card.

30 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Titan V doesn't support SLIor NVlink, so.

no? booo! :p

Personally ive never seen the benefit of SLi, not like you get 2x the output, id rather just just up a version of card tbh. 

then again back in the days of 3Dfx it was worth it, i had SLI Voodoo IIs so i could run F16 MRF at a stunning 1024x768 :D 

I really wish I could do more than laugh at that price. That seems like my only option with it.

Seriously, I'm a pretty strong gamer and generally get the higher end nVidia card (1080 etc) every other model. It is a nice balance in performance and price, plus I often hand out the "old" cards to friends, since many games still work on 700 series.

while im sure this card is going to be a gaming beast, this is not what nvidia is going for w/ a $3k price point. this would be for professionals and researchers. that said, why not just get a quadro? although, those cards are sometimes even more expensive.

14 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

while im sure this card is going to be a gaming beast, this is not what nvidia is going for w/ a $3k price point. this would be for professionals and researchers. that said, why not just get a quadro? although, those cards are sometimes even more expensive.

The Quadro cards are built for OpenGL and solid modeling performance.  This Titan V is breaking the barriers of overall performance, and that series has always been just a showpiece card.  The consumer version will be significantly cheaper and with similar performance.

50 minutes ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

The Quadro cards are built for OpenGL and solid modeling performance.  This Titan V is breaking the barriers of overall performance, and that series has always been just a showpiece card.  The consumer version will be significantly cheaper and with similar performance.

Technically this is the 'consumer' version, though nVidia is obviously playing loose with terminology.

8 minutes ago, patseguin said:

I wonder how 3d rendering would be with this beast, like vray or mental ray.

Mental Ray is going the way of the dodo...at least NVIDIA announced a few weeks ago they were discontinuing it.