PS4 games

Hi! I'm a new PS4 owner and I have a question regarding buying games. I'm looking at PS store for some games I wanna buy, but I see the prices are kinda too high for games, that are like 5 years old. So I'm just wondering, is it possible to buy game keys anywhere else and then use the key on PS store?

Amazon is the only legit EU seller I can think of which has digital games available for PS4, but I don't think their prices beat Sony's. It might be worth waiting for a PSN sale or buying a physical copy second hand instead to save money.

Slightly off-topic to what the thread is asking but i find 70% of all PS4 Games on the store are always over priced. How they can do this compare to stores like Amazon etc. Call of Duty series, which some of their games are 6 years old now are still selling at a high price.

Games on PSN are an absolute rip off like most online services and you physically get nothing in return.  Always buy physical if possible.

Yeah, keep an eye on the sales, I don't know if the PSN has sales as good as those you can find on steam, but in my experience with the ps4 and the switch you're better off looking for physical games. Plus if you're looking for old games, try to find then second hand and you'll get even lower prices.

Kinda surprised, I remember back with my PS3, there were loads of sales, as well as what I got for "free" from PS+.

Didn't get a PS4 this time around though, but owning a Nintendo Switch seeing everything marked up, I definitely understand where you're coming from. :/

Physical is always better in that you can at least sell it back at some point.

So a lot of ppl said that I should just create an english (us) PS account and buy games on PS us store. But I don't know if I can play games I already purchased on this account! I'm from EU and I have an EU account.

And I notice that games like The last of us costs 40€ on EU store, but if I go to US store the price is 20$, which isn't even 20€. Why such difference?

EU and US have different sales at different times, the latter in particular has a lot of flash sales. There is of course the exchange rate and VAT which is added at checkout, whereas EU has the VAT included upfront.

And unfortunately just about every digital store treats $1 as £1 and €1 (N)

Just for an input, time to time, I get PS humble bundles and enjoy those games (get on average 5+ games in each and it does not cost much). As already said by others, I prefer physical copy (so I can sold if needed cash back or can trade with others or exchange with friends) and wait for a while for the new games to become old and stabilize in price especially in Pakistan region where the prices are volatile against USD.