1967 Portable TV ext-Ant?

Hi I found a portable TV at Goodwill.  It's so vintage!!!  It's a panasonic TR 205.  I noticed it had an ext Ant port in the back.  How can I go about hooking things into it?  At first I thought a 3.5mm jack would fit in there, but the jack is a little bit too small.  Those big fatter jacks are too big. Either the jack port is old/worn or it takes an entirely different kind of jack.  What do you suppose it is?  Unlike a headphone jack, which usually have a metal ring to indicate it's a jack at all... this one is just a copper hole.  What kind of things would I need to get it going?

First and foremost, obviously a jack that fits...and from that jack, would it connect to some kind of converter? Anyone care to point me to the correct parts?  (very precise if possible... example)  from jack > to 75 300 ohm transformer?  > coaxial to converter box?  something like that? or just straight from jack to composite?(like a NES)

It doesn't have a digital tuner, so you aren't going to pick up any channels from any type antenna and it is only going to tune to UHF/VHF channels even if you get one hooked up. DTV converter boxes that have coaxal are going to output at like what, standard def? That resolution probably won't even work on the screen if you even can get that hooked up as well.

more of a hobby,  just wanna get certain images to display on it.  maybe nes.  not a TV watcher so channels i don't mind not watchin ;)  i saw a vid where the one dude put cuphead on his black and white TV with a few connections to HDMI.  mine doesn't have the screw type uhf/vhf, it's just that weird ext ant hole.

Once you've found the right connector (from googling sounds like "Motorola Male") I would probably use an old vcr with pass-through, they'll be dirt cheap by now and handle anything analogue/digital you want to use on the tv without the pain of retuning. ? 

It doesn't have antenna-in screws where you can hook up a 75-300 ohm transformer to a rf modulator?

Can you take a picture of the back?

i'm going to my shop in a moment, will take pics of it for you, along with me trying to plug in the jack :P  you'll see what i mean.  thanks guys!  be back in a bit...

Update. 

Okfurther inspection shows it's similar or the same as the uhv antenna ports (loop antenna) and not a jack at all. The loop is basically two metal rods that just poke in and loop around.

I'm wondering if I should just make my own, stick two metal rods in and solder a 75 to 300 ohm transformer (devil's pitch forks to coaxial) on it. Would that ohm transformer be required? Or can I do a NES style of switch with bare wire soldered onto the rods?

https://imgur.com/a/H1WH6fd

https://imgur.com/a/XDJsghi

Edited by Izlude

• 2 weeks later...