Are these any good (networking)

For discussion only. I do not want to buy these, so don't say "It's a POS, don't get it!" Cause I won't...

I was looking online and saw this on Woot:

https://computers.woot.com/offers/netgear-wireless-controller-access-point-bundle?ref=w_cnt_cdet_pc_dly_img

It does say it comes with:

NETGEAR ProSAFE WC7600

and

10-pack of AP's:

WAC720 802.11ac 2x2
or
WAC730 802.11ac 3x3

Supported ModesWireless A/B/G/N/AC

Now they say this is "business grade", which I highly doubt, but is it? It is in new condition for $1599/1699.

I'm sure BudMan can get cheaper and better parts for that. :rofl:

6 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

Now they say this is "business grade", which I highly doubt, but is it?

What makes you highly doubt that they are business class?

https://www.netgear.com/business/products/wireless/wireless-management/wc7600.aspx

The WC7600 Premium Wireless Controller is ideal for K-12 education, hospitality, and healthcare deployments. Designed with simplicity in management and ease of use, it offers enterprise grade functionality and capability for small to midsized organizations, without the cost and complexity of big IT.

Maximizes investment flexibility with pay as you go licenses. Each WC7600 comes with two evaluation AP licenses. Additional management of AP’s can be enabled with 10 AP licenses.

Self-healing algorithm adapts power and channel of neighboring APs for improved user experience during interference impacted events

Investment protection with support of entry level ProSAFE® Access Points and future proof with 802.11ac Access Points

Provides complete view of customer deployment environment with heat map, wireless channel, and signal strength for real-time reporting of network status

Support up to 50 Access Points with a single WC7600 and up to 150 Access Points with a stacks of three WC7600.

Support full line of ProSAFE® Access Points with simplified management and comprehensive monitoring

Support of (N+1) controller redundancy to maximize reliability and minimizes service disruptions

Complete hardware resilience with dual fan tray and hot-swappable power supplies

6 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

I'm sure BudMan can get cheaper and better parts for that

The WC7600 alone is $1400, add in 10 APs and it sure sounds like a good deal without looking into it all that much. Those AP's, WAC720 alone are $249 a piece.

Reason I "ASKED". I did not have the heart to look it up. At the time I posted this, I did not care at the least. I figured someone in here would know a thing or two, as I am not a network geek like Budman.

"Yes, they are" would have done, too.

5 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

At the time I posted this, I did not care at the least.

That is a strange statement to make, but OK.

I figured someone in here would know a thing or two, as I am not a network geek like Budman.

I'm not either, however I just did a quick google and found that information. No need to be hostile in your response, it's a discussion. I just thought it was strange that you had a predetermined mindset about these devices without any knowledge of them.

"Yes, they are" would have done, too.

What good would have that done though? Without any context as to why, you nor myself wouldn't have learned anything about these. Take a deep breath and just relax, everyone can learn from a discussion.

I have to agree with Circaflex on this one. You could have answered your own questions about these faster by a simple google search  than the time it took you to start the thread. You say you doubt they really are 'business class" when they are, the deal appears to be a good one - too good in fact. You have no interest in buying them so again, why care? I guess I'm really miffed at why you assumed they weren't business grade devices?  How many consumer devices do you know of that look to fit a 19" rack out of the box?

27 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

I have to agree with Circaflex on this one. You could have answered your own questions about these faster by a simple google search  than the time it took you to start the thread. You say you doubt they really are 'business class" when they are, the deal appears to be a good one - too good in fact. You have no interest in buying them so again, why care? I guess I'm really miffed at why you assumed they weren't business grade devices?  How many consumer devices do you know of that look to fit a 19" rack out of the box?

My netgear server I got off a friend that he says was business grade but it was really low-grade for students. THIS is why I ask nowdays.

And also with not caring, I had a tooth pulled this morning, give me a break...

39 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Take a deep breath and just relax, everyone can learn from a discussion.

?

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

And also with not caring, I had a tooth pulled this morning, give me a break...

I think if you weren't so "know-it-all" with a lot of your response people wouldn't jump down your throat. My suggestions for the future, wait until you are feeling like yourself before starting a thread that warrants a discussion. No need to get upset when you don't receive answers you don't like or agree with.