Burnout Paradise Remastered (PC) Launches Tuesday (but has a Play Early Window) - Thoughts?

As the front page stated, Burnout Paradise Remastered makes the long-awaited launch on PC this coming Tuesday (21 August); there is a play-early window for Orgin Access, though (ten hours for Basic and unlimited for Premier).  Included (all those that own the Origin or Steam versions) a seventy-five-percent discount (a mere $4.99 USD).

Did anyone bite?  Who jumped into the play-early window?

I bit (with that deep discount) but I'm waiting until Tuesday (I actually have cause - Wednesday (the day after the launch) I'll be doing prep for two upcoming surgeries (both are 29 August), so I want to have some fun things to do before hand).  I have two computers (laptop and desktop to pre-load (laptop is done; desktop is in process as I type this)).  Both also have the original version installed 9both Orfigin and Steam) so I can compare heads-up.  So far, I may actually be able to look forward to 1080p given enough display (YouTube showed a GTX 750Ti/G4560 tag-team pulling that off; while I have slightly less CPU, I have a GTX 1050Ti - more GPU by far than that)_ so the DISPLAY is the issue.  (My 32" TV currently can't do 1080i at present; however, when I am fully recovered, I'll get my 40" TV - which CAN do 1080p - back.)

FOLLOWUP - desktop is done (finished at around 0700 this AM - remember, wireless 2.4 GHz N; therefore. severe snailage.Unless they unlock early, I will wait until Tuesday for the laptop, and either Wednesday or Thursday for the desktop; the desktop has no webcam.

Second followup - if you didn't take advantage of the early play window, desist thy stalling - we are live as of now (I waited until thirty minutes past).  I also had to make a minor remap to match my settings from the original game (I didn't use a controller then, and won't yet in Remastered - instead, I remap the keyboard - changing a mere six keys; for steering, acceleration, and brakes.  Result - my keymaps in Ultimate Box and Remastered now match - which makes sense.  My laptop will be interesting for two reasons - it has worse resolution than my desktop (worse graphics, though still within the acceptable limits); it makes up for it with a webcam - which my desktop lacks.  The different keymap drives me buggy between Firefox and Windows, too, especially when writing replies or editing posts - as soon as I can migrate my Neowin account settings to Chrome (which does NOT have that issue), Firefox will find itself fired.

Yeah I bought it since $5 is pretty much nothing, but honestly have no reason to play it on PC over my X1X version.  I'm already farther (as far as I know) than any other time I've played the game so eh.  Not starting over again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 10:18 PM, LostCat said:

Yeah I bought it since $5 is pretty much nothing, but honestly have no reason to play it on PC over my X1X version.  I'm already farther (as far as I know) than any other time I've played the game so eh.  Not starting over again.

LostCat - I get that (since I have no console, I went PC).  I took a swing by Big Surf Island (but didn't stay); I'm still working my way through the class C unlocks.