Will Be My Asus G11CD-K Desktop Fit a Nvidia Geforce 2070 or 2080

Hi All

Will my Asus G11CD-K Desktop Fit an Nvidia 2070 or 2080 in the future?       

20180527_094734.jpg

We do not yet know the size, so it's pretty hard to say.

Edit: That looks like a single slot video card, not a dual one...

Oh ok guess was too soon to ask this type of question I realize now

it is dual slot

Geforce 1050, 2gb,  don't know if Asus Custom design or what

20180820_155614.jpg

Edited by bikeman25

That's a low profile card. In the first picture, It looked like a one slot, because it is really small. That looks like a proprietary one by ASUS...

Yeah so that is why worried on if I do purchase a 2070 or 2080 in the future, unless I end up purchasing something else when I do eventually upgrade it, got power supply  to support it

2 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

We do not yet know the size, so it's pretty hard to say.

Edit: That looks like a single slot video card, not a dual one...

All of the specs are on the Nvidia sites for the founder editions and reference cards - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2080/ click "View Full Specs" and it shows the dimensions.

1 minute ago, xendrome said:

BTW the 1080 is sold with that system, and it fits, so a 2080 should fit also - 8a3e4_asus-republic-of-gamers-g11cd-left

2 hours ago, bikeman25 said:

Hi All

Will my Asus G11CD-K Desktop Fit an Nvidia 2070 or 2080 in the future?       

20180527_094734.jpg

Those two look WAY different....

Just now, Jim K said:

Well ... that is a 1050ti.

As xendrome pointed out .... it will fit.  Only concern really is the PSU....

Exactly and that bottom plate can easily be removed if you take out the four screws holding it in, if it were to create any sort of clearance issue. OP you should be good to go, but youll want to double check that PSU.

PSU shouldn't be a problem, upgraded that back in February to an EVGA G3 650 Watt, with 3 x 8 Pin Connectors (6+2) PCI-E , Fully Modular, so re routing wiring not an issue 

1 minute ago, bikeman25 said:

PSU shouldn't be a problem, upgraded that back in February to an EVGA G3 650 Watt, with 3 x 8 Pin Connectors (6+2) PCI-E , Fully Modular, so re routing wiring not an issue 

BTW, you need to work on wire management a little... :laugh:

Yeah I know that part lol,  gotta get the Velcro straps around some of them more, or the zip ties, and tidy things up a bit more

Not a Hardware expert, but i'm learning slowly as I go,  Had no problems installing the upgraded Power supply amazingly, but still a lot to learn as not that great installing CPU's and Heatsinks, Motherboards into cases,  so tend to go for pre built whenever I get a newer system,  which I just got this one last year, so i'm happy to know that the newer card will fit when I eventually get it, even if I have to remove the bottom plate to have it fit.     

This is also my first Intel based system since 2003, prior to that had AMD based system, and a few custom built PC's from local shops,  HP pre built, and finally this Intel I7 Pre Built after my Asus M32BC-01 System last year bought,  then decided to come back to Intel Side of things September 2017 

Edited by bikeman25
  • Haha 1