Nvidia control panel crashing, and frequent display driver crashing and recovering

Question

Hello, its me again, this time with a software problem. Recently I've been getting display driver errors which freeze up my screen for a few seconds, after going back to normal with a message about a display driver error and recovery. I dont know what could be causing this, my drivers all seem to be updated. This issue causes another, which is the Nvidia control panel crashing after launch. At first i managed to fix this by going to services in admin tools and setting the Nvidia process to automatic, but the second time it happened i couldnt fix it that way, as the setting was already automatic. So how else can i find a solution to these two problems?

Specs:

Processor AMD FX 8350 eight core

16GB ram

Galax Nvidia 1060

Mobo ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS USB3

7 answers to this question

On 2/10/2019 at 11:05 PM, DentedAphid7 said:

Have u tried removing the driver and re-installing it?

Do u use the nvidia auto detect tool? or some 3rd party updating tool?

How is that done? 

I use nvidia

Are you on Windows 7/8? Not sure about the CP crashing but drivers newer than 417.71 are causing TDRs (the screen freezing and driver recovering as you describe). There's no fix yet other than rolling back to an older driver such as 417.71

3 minutes ago, Salty Wagyu said:

Are you on Windows 7/8? Not sure about the CP crashing but drivers newer than 417.71 are causing TDRs (the screen freezing and driver recovering as you describe). There's no fix yet other than rolling back to an older driver such as 417.71

Yea im using windows 8. How do i check my driver version and roll back? Is it on the geforce experience application? Btw my display driver just crashed again last night, and now my screen has insane brightness, lol

37 minutes ago, Norrient said:

Yea im using windows 8. How do i check my driver version and roll back? Is it on the geforce experience application? Btw my display driver just crashed again last night, and now my screen has insane brightness, lol

image.thumb.png.d774ea84a15dae08abc883bd5c7ebae8.png

image.thumb.png.bd6df9bcd2e9ebf0096dcf2464f22e14.png

46 minutes ago, Norrient said:

How is that done? 

I use nvidia

There is programs like Driver Booster (recommend not to use it 100% as may install incorrect driver and cause not to load correctly) can install drivers automatically .