Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: May 2019

image.thumb.png.f1971afffffa4d84d4cbb123ae9776be.png

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Marooners ($9.99 ERP) for free during the month of May. The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR ($49.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from May 16th to June 15th.

image.thumb.png.2d79a4b394d1a13964bf131793449f54.png  image.thumb.png.1892a2a7b3aa1eefb41a7159b8d0d0e7.png

On Xbox 360, starting May 1st, Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon ($19.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through May 15th. Then on May 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Comic Jumper ($14.99 ERP) for free through May 31st.

image.thumb.png.6f22b16f71a138d4c9ca89698b6fd674.png  image.thumb.png.840988fc1b7b57700357e3a2a0530356.png

Source

------------

EA Access Games in the Vault for Xbox One

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games
Xbox Game Pass Games
------------
Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: April 2019

At least the game pass offering has something to look forward to, this has to be one of the worst games with gold months I have ever seen.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

At least the game pass offering has something to look forward to, this has to be one of the worst games with gold months I have ever seen.

I agree,  my hope for next gen is that all these new studios pump out some very good exclusives that they can then toss on GoG over time.

Given the popularity of Game Pass, I wonder if we'll see some kinda merging of Games with Gold with Game Pass. 

3 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Given the popularity of Game Pass, I wonder if we'll see some kinda merging of Games with Gold with Game Pass. 

I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if they just got rid of GWG full stop. Don't get me wrong I love the perk and I download every game that comes "just in case" but some of them I know I'll never ever play. If they could take some of the budget from that and put it back into the Game Pass and bring us more games I'd be fairly OK with that.

17 hours ago, Skiver said:

I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if they just got rid of GWG full stop. Don't get me wrong I love the perk and I download every game that comes "just in case" but some of them I know I'll never ever play. If they could take some of the budget from that and put it back into the Game Pass and bring us more games I'd be fairly OK with that.

I mean they've already raised the RRP by £10 in the UK...which almost covers the cost of a monthly Game Pass sub....

2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I mean they've already raised the RRP by £10 in the UK...which almost covers the cost of a monthly Game Pass sub....

It was £10 over the year though wasn't it? Game Pass is £8 per month, so It's only enough to give you a single month really.

I would be happy to see a combined subscription model though, maybe give a small discount across both passes to have them both going. 

I've always bought my XBL subs for discounted prices from various places, I don't think I've ever paid £40 for the year or whatever it costs for a year long pass. I am still paying monthly for the game pass now that I think about it though, I should probably look for a deal on an annual sub for that.

4 minutes ago, Skiver said:

It was £10 over the year though wasn't it? Game Pass is £8 per month, so It's only enough to give you a single month really.

I would be happy to see a combined subscription model though, maybe give a small discount across both passes to have them both going. 

I've always bought my XBL subs for discounted prices from various places, I don't think I've ever paid £40 for the year or whatever it costs for a year long pass. I am still paying monthly for the game pass now that I think about it though, I should probably look for a deal on an annual sub for that.

Oh yeah good shout. Not sure why I missed that. 

They're currently testing that, Game Pass Ultimate for 10.99/month. 

Think CD Key have 3 months for 9.99 at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Oh yeah good shout. Not sure why I missed that. 

They're currently testing that, Game Pass Ultimate for 10.99/month. 

Think CD Key have 3 months for 9.99 at the moment. 

I had to google the price of XBL because I thought had missed just how much it had gone up by!

Good spot on that, I saw they did a 12-month sub for £60 and was very close to just buying that, this works out as a much better deal.

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

I had to google the price of XBL because I thought had missed just how much it had gone up by!

Good spot on that, I saw they did a 12-month sub for £60 and was very close to just buying that, this works out as a much better deal.

And you can stack.....a whole year for £40 (plus XBL for around £30). Not a bad price. 

3 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

And you can stack.....a whole year for £40 (plus XBL for around £30). Not a bad price. 

Yep, I've not stacked anymore than just 3 months, for now, trying to save up for a new bike! 

But I think my Game Pass sub was due any day now so it's great timing to have actually done something about this

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

Yep, I've not stacked anymore than just 3 months, for now, trying to save up for a new bike! 

But I think my Game Pass sub was due any day now so it's great timing to have actually done something about this

I keep toying with the idea of get a years worth, but I still only play for around 5/6 hours a week so I don't think I'd be making the most of it. I could probably buy (and own) and number of games for the price in the various sales and deals with Gold and they would keep me busy for the year 😂

22 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

I keep toying with the idea of get a years worth, but I still only play for around 5/6 hours a week so I don't think I'd be making the most of it. I could probably buy (and own) and number of games for the price in the various sales and deals with Gold and they would keep me busy for the year 😂

Honestly, I should save my money and let my sub die, I very rarely play any of the games. I'm justifying it because I MIGHT want to play them at some point if I get some free time I wouldn't normally have.

3 hours ago, Skiver said:

Honestly, I should save my money and let my sub die, I very rarely play any of the games. I'm justifying it because I MIGHT want to play them at some point if I get some free time I wouldn't normally have.

Preach. I can't remember the last time I played online or played one of the GwG games. I just let them stack up in my never ending back catalogue. My sub expires in Jul, so I'm going to let it lapse. You've convinced me to do it. 😛 

22 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Preach. I can't remember the last time I played online or played one of the GwG games. I just let them stack up in my never ending back catalogue. My sub expires in Jul, so I'm going to let it lapse. You've convinced me to do it. 😛 

Sorry, I meant my Game Pass sub, I do have a game night each week where I play with some buddies so I definitely want the Gold Sub. However, I tend to play the same games and although one of those is PUBG, I bought it before it was on Game Pass.

I will keep my Live sub.  Every month cannot be good months an while I do not like Golf, or Golf games, I am sure there are many that do.   I will still get them since they are free, but there have been some good GwG or DwG over the years.

So does everyone get their Gold from CDKeys?  

On 5/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, George P said:

I have for a very long time, I know it's one of those grey sites where the legitimacy is questionable but from what I've read they're no G2A and are using the international market to their favour rather than any form of Credit Card Fruad.

On 5/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, George P said:

I have for a few years, but last year MS had a dashboard offer for £26.50, which was cheaper than most other deals I found at the time. 

10 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I have for a few years, but last year MS had a dashboard offer for £26.50, which was cheaper than most other deals I found at the time. 

Actually now you say that, I think I might have taken that one up too.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 28 May 2019. A few titles to point out

There's also a huge backward compatibility sale on at the moment too, so check that out too. 

Source

urgh, No Mans Sky is on there

I've really wanted to give that a shot for a long time now, I know it had a rocky start but from what I understand it's a greatly improved game. Just not quite sure I want to spend £30 on it :(

10 minutes ago, Skiver said:

urgh, No Mans Sky is on there

I've really wanted to give that a shot for a long time now, I know it had a rocky start but from what I understand it's a greatly improved game. Just not quite sure I want to spend £30 on it :(

I swear we're the same person. I went through the same thought process when I was putting together this post. That's why I omitted it from by 'best of' list 😛

51 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I swear we're the same person. I went through the same thought process when I was putting together this post. That's why I omitted it from by 'best of' list 😛

I know you were thinking about Elite at one point, I've not played nearly enough but I feel the game is just too big for me. I'm terrible at the combat so I've stayed away from those missions but other missions often involve travelling for 20 minutes through systems and it takes a while. I did get to the point of installing Spotify on the Xbox and playing music as I flew and a very laid back way to play, I enjoy it but it's not the most exciting gameplay.

NMS is £20 on Amazon which I think is probably more what I'm willing to pay but I'm lazy and really only like to buy digital these days.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Mans-Sky-Xbox-One/dp/B07CB6YFYC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3DWZZNUNYJLV0&keywords=no+mans+sky+xbox+one&qid=1558429843&s=gateway&sprefix=no+mans+sky+xbox%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-1 

• dipsylalapo unpinned this topic