What happens when Xbox Game Pass for PC 1-month BETA expires?

It's currently £1 for the month.

Will it renew at full price or expire?

I ask because the drop down menu doesn't even have an option to choose over 1 month (12 months, for example):

eb_gamepass1.thumb.png.eaade871859bafc301c0699c5ffbe190.png

EDIT: Never mind, got my answer. It renews at £4 per month after that:

eb_gamepass2.thumb.png.fd2adc729d7a5334575c47e249210d09.png

50 minutes ago, fusi0n said:

Still an awesome deal.. Microsoft does their subs right.. 

It's definitely decent 👍

Do achievements still work? (e.g. in Metro Exodus)

EDIT: Yep :) :

eb_gamepass3.thumb.png.4b3afe189bdc08cb0c34ee85c0b3e71f.png

Hopefully you maxed out your live and/or game pass before you got in on this offer. That way it converts you to Game Pass Ultimate up until 2022. 

Just now, tsupersonic said:

Hopefully you maxed out your live and/or game pass before you got in on this offer. That way it converts you to Game Pass Ultimate up until 2022. 

I don't do subscription services.

22 hours ago, tsupersonic said:

Yeah I was going to post this today. I just saw this, it's crazy good deal. My Gold expires next month and for the first time in a long time, I won't be renewing. :( I don't think that I'm getting enough out of the sub any more. 

2 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yeah I was going to post this today. I just saw this, it's crazy good deal. My Gold expires next month and for the first time in a long time, I won't be renewing. :( I don't think that I'm getting enough out of the sub any more. 

I don't really take full advantage of Gold, but I like the free games that come with it. I also don't pay for Gold - I've been getting it free from Microsoft Rewards (12 months at a time)

2 hours ago, tsupersonic said:

I don't really take full advantage of Gold, but I like the free games that come with it. I also don't pay for Gold - I've been getting it free from Microsoft Rewards (12 months at a time)

I've been claiming games for years and I don't think I've played any of them. Maybe I'll get it after building up enough for a free sub too. 

The $5 a month price after is great to, I think that's until the service goes final and open to everyone, in which case it becomes $10 a month.  The idea of things like game pass though, you can easily just jump in and out when you want to.  If I see there's 2 or 3 games in the library I want to play then heck, even $10 is a deal when you factor in the price of each one could be 3 or 4 times that.

On 6/17/2019 at 2:04 PM, Elliot B. said:

I don't do subscription services.

That's fine but if you buy xbox gold for 2-3 years then upgrade for $1 you get Gamepass Ultimate for that same time period. I have gold for 3 years, I've been paying $9 a month for gamepass separately. Just upgraded to 3 years of Ultimate for only a dollar.

Can't beat Microsofts subscriptions.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

That's fine but if you buy xbox gold for 2-3 years then upgrade for $1 you get Gamepass Ultimate for that same time period. I have gold for 3 years, I've been paying $9 a month for gamepass separately. Just upgraded to 3 years of Ultimate for only a dollar.

Can't beat Microsofts subscriptions.

I have GPU until April 2022, all for a $1, and thanks to Microsoft Rewards for the 12 months of Gold. Best deal on Gold/Game Pass yet!  UNFORTUNATELY, they raised the prices on Gold/Gamepass/GPU on Microsoft Rewards, and they no longer offer a 12 month Gold for 29k points (that was a damn good deal) 😡

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

I have GPU until April 2022, all for a $1, and thanks to Microsoft Rewards for the 12 months of Gold. Best deal on Gold/Game Pass yet!  UNFORTUNATELY, they raised the prices on Gold/Gamepass/GPU on Microsoft Rewards, and they no longer offer a 12 month Gold for 29k points (that was a damn good deal) 😡

Mines activated for 3 years now also its just amazing value, I hope I'll build up enough points in 3 years but for it to cost nothing again 🤣

It'd be better if it actually WORKED properly! I haven't been able to install a single game that needs admin rights, which is most of the ones I want to play...

3 hours ago, George P said:

I've installed and played Ori so far, zero issues.  

4 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

It'd be better if it actually WORKED properly! I haven't been able to install a single game that needs admin rights, which is most of the ones I want to play...

Emphasis mine.  Ones that don't need admin rights are just fine.

12 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Emphasis mine.  Ones that don't need admin rights are just fine.

Which game needs that, and why do they actually need that?  Games shouldn't need admin rights IMO.

Just now, George P said:

Which game needs that, and why do they actually need that?  Games shouldn't need admin rights IMO.

A surprisingly large number, sadly. No idea why they need it either but I'm not the only one; there are literally 1000's of reports from people with the same problem.   Try installing Shenmue I & II or Metro Exodus or Surviving Mars, for example.  Basically, those that need admin rights appear to be the ones not explicitly made for Microsoft's store...

I'm sure they'll fix it eventually, but it'd be nice for them to at least acknowledge the issue...

4 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

A surprisingly large number, sadly. No idea why they need it either but I'm not the only one; there are literally 1000's of reports from people with the same problem.   Try installing Shenmue I & II or Metro Exodus or Surviving Mars, for example.  Basically, those that need admin rights appear to be the ones not explicitly made for Microsoft's store...

I'm sure they'll fix it eventually, but it'd be nice for them to at least acknowledge the issue...

Anything that installs into say, program files, or the base of the OS drive needs admin rights so that makes sense as to why they want them. 

5 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I had that problem.

Steam never had an issue.

Microsoft's store is still a disaster.

32 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Anything that installs into say, program files, or the base of the OS drive needs admin rights so that makes sense as to why they want them. 

It's nothing to do with Program Files. All locations I could install to already have full admin rights, but it never gets that far anyway.  Literally just click install and it errors.  I've even tried taking full ownership of all drives and launched the app in admin mode, nothing works.

It's just a buggy app that they need to fix.

16 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

It's nothing to do with Program Files. All locations I could install to already have full admin rights, but it never gets that far anyway.  Literally just click install and it errors.  I've even tried taking full ownership of all drives and launched the app in admin mode, nothing works.

It's just a buggy app that they need to fix.

Your locations may have full admin rights, but they aren’t owned by admin, they are owned by Trusted Installer which requests admin access unless UAC is turned off. The reason the other games that are designed for the store  dont have the issue is because they install into AppData which has no such restriction. It’s also how Chrome and VS code can install without admin rights. 

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Your locations may have full admin rights, but they aren’t owned by admin, they are owned by Trusted Installer which requests admin access unless UAC is turned off. The reason the other games font have the issue is because they install into AppData which has no restriction. It’s also how Chrome can install without admin rights. 

Yes, I know. I've tried all of that.  The point is, I shouldn't have to jump through a thousand hoops to make it work, and even then failed anyway. The XBox Beta app just doesn't work right and they need to fix it. That's OK, it IS beta so I'm hardly livid with them, it's just a bit irritating, that's all.

3 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Yes, I know. I've tried all of that.  The point is, I shouldn't have to jump through a thousand hoops to make it work, and even then failed anyway. The XBox Beta app just doesn't work right and they need to fix it. That's OK, it IS beta so I'm hardly livid with them, it's just a bit irritating, that's all.

I’m not arguing against you. I’m saying your conclusion of which ones doing it (wanting admin rights) made sense for the following reasons. 

Just a update, installed Hellblade fine, game started fine.  I'll play some of it later tonight when I have free time.