Power adapter needed

I need a new power adapter for my asus x550za. Is it best to buy on that is universal that costs about $20+ or one specifically for asus that costs $10 - $15. Right now I have a universal one from best buy $60 which is a rip off.

if universal what do I look for when it comes to specs. This is from my laptop Output :19 V DC, 3.42 A, 65 W Input : 100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal

Thx

The one specific for you model is cheaper, why would you buy a universal? Do you plan on using it for other devices as well?

You said your power brick was replaced in your last thread... Are we on the same paage, here?

14 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

You said your power brick was replaced in your last thread... Are we on the same paage, here?

If you mean the $60 one i referred to in the above from BEst buy. That is a rip off and I will use it until I get a much cheaper one from amazon or ebay

4 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

If you mean the $60 one i referred to in the above from BEst buy. That is a rip off and I will use it until I get a much cheaper one from amazon or ebay

Umm, so you are spending more money now? Most power bricks are a hit and miss unless you get that manufacturer's adapter. If the one you got from BestBuy works, you got lucky. I would not play with that unless you know what you are doing. You could damage your laptop more that way if it has the wrong voltage or amperage.

Use what you have or get a new laptop.

Also, please don't trust Best Buy. Like you saw, they like ripping you off...

I looked on the back of the box from best buy and it says 19v and output and 65W. Wouldnt any asus x550za charger on ebay suffice? You thoughts guys or should I just keep the one I have?

Thx

You must be confused as that is what I am talking about. I should get that one. I am agreeing with you, so do we both agree? $60 for a power cord is rediculous. $10 to 20 is fine to me.

Just now, Bruinator said:

You must be confused as that is what I am talking about. I should get that one. I am agreeing with you, so do we both agree?

What? You never said what the price difference was. ($8 to $60)  You never gave us any link for us to agree to. And if I agree, you agree, correct? so...

I'm sorry, but I am not the confused one here...