Windows Defender Sandbox? Enable or wait til it's Final?

Question

Hello

Wondering if I should enable Windows Defender Sandbox option on my Desktop I7 system,  and Laptop I7 system,  Would it affect gaming performance any, file transfers,  stuff like that?  normal daily activities?

2 answers to this question

Hello,

I think Microsoft Defender (formerly Windows Defender) already runs in a sandbox?  Are you thinking of the Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Version 1909?  You can turn it on under Windows Features  (filename: APPWIZ.CPL) if you want:  

image.thumb.png.9545a02f8ca39fe129c4f7247f1a94a1.png

Remember to copy anything out of the sandbox before you close it, otherwise it will be lost.  And, of course, if you come across any bugs or crashes, be sure to report them to Microsoft so they can fixed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Well was asking on Windows Defender Sandbox,   Have tried out Windows 10 Pro Sandbox available from Features area bit, but haven't used it too much as yet.    Last time I couldn't copy anything out of the Sandbox to the Host System, at least last time tried it,   Will report any bugs though find to Microsoft on the built in Windows 10 Pro Sandbox.

As for Defender Sandbox that can enable via a command in Admin Powershell and reboot,  not sure if it slows down file transfers to drives or not, so after my last clean install, didn't reenable as yet