The newest Nvidia Driver fails to install

For some reason the newest version of the Nvidia drivers fails each time I try to install it. I have gone into safe mode and ran DDU, rebooted without network and tried to install the drivers again, but each time I do this, it fails. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Right now I only have the basic display driver from windows running, so my 4K does not work right now, and I am forced to use low colors on the other display.

I downloaded the previous version and it also fails to install. I have run ccleaner to clear out temp files, etc, but it does not seem to make any difference.

Edited by jnelsoninjax

I was going to say, did you use DOU, but seeing the above..

How does it "fail"? does it bring up any error? does it hang? does the computer automatically restart? Is Windows just not applying it?

I had nary an issue updating to the latest nVidia driver (used GeForce Experience to update from the previous driver - it was also installed the same way).  Both drivers are DCH (required by Windows 10 version 2004). My current driver is 446.14 (the Valorant Game-Ready DCH driver).

Hello,

What version drive is currently installed?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Newest?  Why would you not give the exact version?  And what gpu are you running even?  What version were you on?

I am currently on 445.87, just downloaded 446.14 and it installed just fine.  GT 710

2 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

What version drive is currently installed?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

445.87 - WHQL

27 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Newest?  Why would you not give the exact version?  And what gpu are you running even?  What version were you on?

I am currently on 445.87, just downloaded 446.14 and it installed just fine.  GT 710

Sorry, I am attempting to install 446.14 WHQL on an Asus RTX 2070. Windows is updated to 2004. I managed to get 445.87 installed by using DDU to remove all traces of the drivers installed, then rebooted without the Ethernet cord plugged in (so Windows update would not try to install the driver). Nvidia support is poor, they suggested that I remove the GPU and re-seat it into a different PCI-E slot if possible (not possible due to the water cooling loop), then they suggested that I create a new windows profile and try to install the driver that way, neither of which I have done.

2 hours ago, PGHammer said:

I had nary an issue updating to the latest nVidia driver (used GeForce Experience to update from the previous driver - it was also installed the same way).  Both drivers are DCH (required by Windows 10 version 2004). My current driver is 446.14 (the Valorant Game-Ready DCH driver).

I have never had any issues installing the drivers using GeForce Experience except this time, and I do not want the DCH driver installed, I much prefer the WHQL versions.

On 5/27/2020 at 9:34 AM, jnelsoninjax said:

For some reason the newest version of the Nvidia drivers fails each time I try to install it. I have gone into safe mode and ran DDU, rebooted without network and tried to install the drivers again, but each time I do this, it fails. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Right now I only have the basic display driver from windows running, so my 4K does not work right now, and I am forced to use low colors on the other display.

I downloaded the previous version and it also fails to install. I have run ccleaner to clear out temp files, etc, but it does not seem to make any difference.

Is this 2004 update? Nvidia drivers are known to crash in latest bug trac

26 minutes ago, sinetheo said:

Is this 2004 update? Nvidia drivers are known to crash in latest bug trac

It is, however, it was failing prior to installing the new version.

1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

445.87 - WHQL

Sorry, I am attempting to install 446.14 WHQL on an Asus RTX 2070. Windows is updated to 2004. I managed to get 445.87 installed by using DDU to remove all traces of the drivers installed, then rebooted without the Ethernet cord plugged in (so Windows update would not try to install the driver). Nvidia support is poor, they suggested that I remove the GPU and re-seat it into a different PCI-E slot if possible (not possible due to the water cooling loop), then they suggested that I create a new windows profile and try to install the driver that way, neither of which I have done.

I have never had any issues installing the drivers using GeForce Experience except this time, and I do not want the DCH driver installed, I much prefer the WHQL versions.

The DCH drivers are also WHQL-certified; the difference is that the DCH drivers are also Game-Ready drivers; the non-DCH drivers are not (and are meant for non-gaming uses).  The primary use for my desktop is for gaming (though I also use it for Android development/coding) - which is why I use the DCH drivers.