Having slow or no response from some websites

For the last 2 days or so, I have been having really slow responses from some websites like reddit.com, I have flushed the DNS and checked other items (items that might be running in the background, and paused the AV), and can not figure out why I am having these issues.

10153142091.png

Is it the sites, or is it the ISP?

9 hours ago, Joe User said:

What browser are you using?

Firefox 81.0

9 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Are you running any system-wide ad-blockers or VPN?

No

Reddit has issues all the time you can check status here

https://www.redditstatus.com/

Also they have links and images from all over the globe, so yeah its possible some of them are not as fast as others..

Dns would be cached both in your browser, on your OS and also at your router if your pointing it there.. Not sure what you think clearing cache on your OS would do to remove that cache?  Its rare an issue that you have a bad entry in your cache, but slowness in resolving in general, and these days they love to use really short ttls.. So nothing cached very long any more..

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;reddit.com.                    IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
reddit.com.             300     IN      A       151.101.1.140
reddit.com.             300     IN      A       151.101.193.140
reddit.com.             300     IN      A       151.101.129.140
reddit.com.             300     IN      A       151.101.65.140

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
reddit.com.             172800  IN      NS      ns-1029.awsdns-00.org.
reddit.com.             172800  IN      NS      ns-1887.awsdns-43.co.uk.
reddit.com.             172800  IN      NS      ns-378.awsdns-47.com.
reddit.com.             172800  IN      NS      ns-557.awsdns-05.net.

So you have a 5 min ttl, that is the max amount of time you can cache that anyway.. They will not change, but since they are using a roundrobin you could be using any one of those IPs that got handed to you.

Your really going to have to be more specific in what you feel is not performing as it shoud.. The main page, when you click into some thread, try to open a picture - follow a link?

Call up the web developers tools in FF and what is loading slow on the site?  The network tab will show you what is taking long, compare that to how it was working before, etc.

• Thanks 1

This is what I see when I go to the main page, notice that the subreddits that I am subscribed to are not showing. According to the network status of the dev tools, it is fully loaded in ~30 seconds.

1471369161_Reddit1.PNG.525bef5ad3a47d6cdbc928dafcb83883.PNG1325888572_Reddit2.PNG.2c98fdca6070b3138b751467406ed690.PNG

51 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Does this happen on all browsers or just on Firefox?

Brave and Firefox yes, Edge, no

14 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Brave and Firefox yes, Edge, no

Personally, before I would start troubleshooting I would uninstall my current AV. I know you turned it off, but uninstalling is the only way to be sure. Unless it's webroot, then it just comes back on the reboot lol.

We know Kaspersky was already effecting Firefox with your last issue.

Clear you FF cache would be what I would do..  That is more a drawing issue of something it already had cached before I would assume than any sort of network issue.

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

Personally, before I would start troubleshooting I would uninstall my current AV. I know you turned it off, but uninstalling is the only way to be sure. Unless it's webroot, then it just comes back on the reboot lol.

We know Kaspersky was already effecting Firefox with your last issue.

OK, I'll try that

31 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Clear you FF cache would be what I would do..  That is more a drawing issue of something it already had cached before I would assume than any sort of network issue.

I did that last night with CCleaner, so I don't know how much more I could do.

If you have DOH (DNS over HTTPS) running, turn it off. It's in network settings in Firefox. See if that helps.

Also, clear caches in Firefox, don't use CCleaner to do it.  Third party software can easily miss something. 

try closest DNS

tracert 8.8.8.8

tracert 9.9.9.9

tracert 1.1.1.1

• 2 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for 90 days. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.