Keyboard recommendation (none mechanical)

Can anyone recommend a decent none mechanical keyboard? I have one of the Dell wireless ones that came with some of the all in one's by mistake that we ordered at work but it's constantly missing keystrokes. I do not want mechanical, I hate the noise and feel of them. I think I am the only person who likes the macbook butterfly keyboard but I can't find anything remotely like it for a standard windows PC. Preferably wireless.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/apples-official-keyboard-best-choice-mac/

Ignore the first couple.  They are mechanical.

Not all mechanical keyboards are the same regarding noise.  You can get silent ones.  As for the feel, that's always subjective.  I typically only buy mine in store, so I can check out the feel.

I have always been partial to Logitech keyboards, but I use a Microsoft Ergonomic at work due to position of hands.  I have a Corsair and Logitech mechanical at home and two Inland mechanicals for backup or extra when doing repair work.

Edited by farmeunit
  • Like 3

I have a  Razer BlackWidow V2.  A little noisy, but not terrible.

I also have other Logitech, Corsair, and DAS keyboards.

Edit: Not ALL mechanical keyboards are loud. I believe the MX-Whites are silent.

Try this: https://www.newegg.com/p/32N-00A4-00137?Description=mechanical keyboard tester&cm_re=mechanical_keyboard tester-_-9SIAHB09ZD9839-_-Product&quicklink=true

Edited by Mindovermaster

2 hours ago, anthdci said:

but it's constantly missing keystrokes.

Is it actually the keyboard, or the typist? ;) hehehe

As to the butterfly keyboard - yeah your prob 1 of a handful of people that liked them or had not problems with them.. Didn't apple stop making them even, thought all switched to scissor-switch design?

• Haha 2

Hello,

If you are looking for a generic (non-gaming style) membrane-type keyboards like those that come with (or used to come with) computers, I like Keytronic brand keyboards.  You can find new ones on in black, gray and white with PS/2 or USB connectors on eBay starting at about $20.00.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

17 hours ago, BudMan said:

Is it actually the keyboard, or the typist? ;) hehehe

As to the butterfly keyboard - yeah your prob 1 of a handful of people that liked them or had not problems with them.. Didn't apple stop making them even, thought all switched to scissor-switch design?

ha, no, in this case I can try pressing the key to the stop a few times before it registers, either that or it jams. 

10 minutes ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

If you are looking for a generic (non-gaming style) membrane-type keyboards like those that come with (or used to come with) computers, I like Keytronic brand keyboards.  You can find new ones on in black, gray and white with PS/2 or USB connectors on eBay starting at about $20.00.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I'll have a look. I think I need to go into somewhere and try a few different ones out, buying online just doesn't give you any information to how they feel.

I too prefer "chicklet" style keyboards... nice and quiet. I have tried a few, and the Microsoft is one of my favourites. - Buy Surface Keyboard - Microsoft Store en-GB

I also use a Logitech Craft Keyboard for my main pc... Logitech Craft Wireless Keyboard for Advanced Creativity & Productivity

Depends on your budget really... I did opt for the more expensive ones... and i can certainly vouch for the great build quality, and quiet typing experience.