How many Spare HDD's and SSD's do you have laying around?

How many Spare HDD's and SSD's do you have laying around? (public)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How many Spare HDD's do you have laying around?

• 2-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-25
    • 26-30
    • More than 30
    • I've never owned a hard drive
    • I don't have ANY hard drives all in my house
  2. 2. How many solid state storage devices (nvme, m.2, ssd, ect ..) do you have lying around?

• 2-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20-25
    • 26-30
    • More than 30!
    • I've never owned an SSD.

I was cleaning my office today and looked at my spare hdd's and ssd's wondered how many Hard drives and ssd's other people have lying around?

I've got a few of each sitting around from swapping drives in laptops and such.

@warwagon I'd almost say expand your poll even further to separate traditional SATA SSD from M.2 as they're quite different beasts :)

I don't have any spare M.2s lying around as the laptop I currently own is my first piece of equipment that uses one. Just like the switch from HDD to SSD, I don't think I'll ever go back to traditional SATA SSD as the M.2 screams in this laptop (Y) 

8 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I've got a few of each sitting around from swapping drives in laptops and such.

@warwagon I'd almost say expand your poll even further to separate traditional SATA SSD from M.2 as they're quite different beasts :)

I don't have any spare M.2s lying around as the laptop I currently own is my first piece of equipment that uses one. Just like the switch from HDD to SSD, I don't think I'll ever go back to traditional SATA SSD as the M.2 screams in this laptop (Y) 

changed the 2nd question to How many solid state storage devices (nvme, m.2, ssd, ect ..)  do you have lying around?

Couple of old Small Hard drives,  a few IDE ones from many many years ago,  3-4 (120GB, 80GB, etc)   SSD's  a couple older 250gb Sata SSDS,  Western Digital Blue first one, just ran out of room inside desktop to have anymore installed at moment lol.      No spare M.2 laying around, just started using one in newer Desktop, along with 1TB Sata SSD, and 4TB storage drive

• 1 month later...

Couple spinny 500GB's in a redundant NAS, 500GB spinny from a security camera waiting to go to my bro. Desktop PC has 4x spinny 500GB, 1x spinny 2TB and 1x 256GB SATA SSD.