Windows 10 EOL

this 2025 retirement date was already present on the lifecycle site for months, if not years.

I do not understand, why some sites report this as being news.

-andy-

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AndyMutz said:

this 2025 retirement date was already present on the lifecycle site for months, if not years.

-andy-

Steven P. looks at @AndyMutz😊

I believe the only Windows 10 version so far that's going to be supported past 2025 is the LTSC version of 2019, which gets it's full 10 years.    I think the news is that there's no version going past 2025.  If they aren't going to change the name and give us Windows 11, and we still stayed with the Windows 10 name.  Then some future semi-annual version would make it past 2025.

2 hours ago, AndyMutz said:

-andy-

Yea, the Wayback Machine supports this....though their oldest "copy" is only from September 22, 2020.

Edit: This Redmond article from February 2018 also mentions the October 14, 2025 date ... even speculates about Windows 11.

https://redmondmag.com/articles/2018/02/21/supplemental-servicing-windows-10.aspx?m=1

On 14/06/2021 at 11:44, George P said:

I believe the only Windows 10 version so far that's going to be supported past 2025 is the LTSC version of 2019, which gets it's full 10 years.

you forgot about the older LTSB 2016 (1607) release which is also supported past 2025 (actually that one gets support until October 2026)