All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Copernic

Glary Utilities 5.124.0.149

Glary Utilities 5.124.0.149 by Razvan Serea Glary Utilities offers numerous powerful and easy-to-use system tools and utilities to fix, speed up, maintain and protect your PC. Glary Utilities allow you to clean common system junk files, as well as invalid registry entries and Internet traces. You can manage and delete browser add-ons, analyze disk space usage and find duplicate files. You can also view and manage installed shell extensions, encrypt your files from unauthorized access and use, split large files into smaller manageable files and then rejoin them. Furthermore, Glary Utilities includes the options to find, fix, or remove broken Windows shortcuts, manage the programs that start at Windows startup and uninstall software. All Glary Utilities tools can be accessed through an eye-pleasing and totally simplistic interface. Glary Utilities 5.124.0.149 changelog: Optimized Disk Cleaner: added support for 'AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition' and 'PeaZip' Optimized Tracks Eraser: added support for 'IrfanView' and 'Photo!editor' Minor GUI improvements Minor bug fixes Download: Glary Utilities 5.124.0.149 | 16.9 MB (Freeware) Download: Portable Glary Utilities | 20.3 MB View: Glary Utilities Homepage Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  3. Then don’t steal content; pay for it by subscribing to Neowin! Watching a news story which they made for public is not stealing in the United States! But may be it is, in whatever hell-hole where you are from. And why would I pay for a news story which I can read at couple of other places for free! Jeez man, that's a bit extreme. Well, that person just accused me of stealing something! Otherwise I am not big on personal attacks But anyways just planned on switching to TNW. Good idea. I may transition over there myself. Its funny how they deleted my original comment! Hey Rich if you are reading the thread: Let's not be too greedy, one msg at entry of the site is okay! But every page is a literal harassment. I have been here for 9+ years hopefully you guys will change your mind, or else users will! It's been added to various block lists already so just update and you're good
  4. They do this because it nets them an excess of money. 1) who bothers to check/switch phone/insurance providers every year? Yes a lot of people do now but not everyone, they count on at least some people not switching and making money that way, and 2) because it exploits old people, they are more forgetful and trusting and are less likely to switch or know that switching could reduce their bills, it's the same reason why insurance jacks the price up every year but you can go on your own providers site, put in your exact details and get a cheaper quote for the exact same insurance.
  5. zyrolbaneling

Anti-Adblock Alert

I just come to login to say that this site gone to crap. Sorry, but I refresh the page, and its nagging every TIME. IT EVEN SHOWED UP WHEN I WAS RESETTING THE NEOWIN LOGIN PASSWORD.
  6. Samsung Galaxy Note10 leaked specs reveal downgraded display and Snapdragon 855+ by Hamza Jawad As one would expect, there have been a number of leaks regarding Samsung's upcoming flagship phone, dating back to last year. We've seen reports that the Galaxy Note10 will be dropping the 3.5mm headphone jack, and also that it will sport four cameras on its rear. More recently, a gradient color option for the device was revealed. Now, what are rumored to be the specifications for the Galaxy Note 10 and its larger variant, the Note10+, have been revealed on Slashleaks. Interestingly, these are further corroborated by quite similar specs unveiled earlier by Techmaniacs (translated by PhoneArena). Here's all the specs revealed thus far. Note10 Note10+ Display 6.3-inch 1080p 6.8-inch 1440p Chipset Snapdragon 855(+) or Exynos 9825 Snapdragon 855(+) or Exynos 9825 RAM/Storage 8GB RAM, from 256GB storage 12GB RAM, from 256GB storage Rear cameras 12MP main / 12MP telephoto / 16MP wide 12MP main / 12MP telephoto / 16MP wide / ToF camera Battery capacity 3500mAh 4300mAh Charging speed 25W 45W Weight 5.92oz (168g) 6.98oz (198g) Colors Black, White, Red Black, White, Crystal gradient New feature New S-Pen air gestures and sound, front camera night mode, live focus and audio zoom video capture New S-Pen air gestures and sound, front camera night mode, live focus and audio zoom video capture Rather surprisingly, it seems like the Note10 will be downgraded in terms of its resolution, featuring a 6.3-inch FHD+ 1080p display, in comparison to the Note9's QHD+ 1440p display. It looks like the Note10+ will instead be retaining the latter resolution, while featuring a larger screen size at 6.8 inches. In contrast to previous rumors, both phones will apparently be sporting a triple-camera setup on their backs, including one 16MP and two 12MP lenses. However, the Note10+ is noted to include a time of flight (ToF) sensor as well. Galaxy Note9 Both devices are expected to offer 256GB of storage, along with either a Snapdragon 855+ or Exynos 9825 chipset. However, the larger variant will be arriving with 12GB of RAM, while the standard Note10 will offer 8GB of RAM. In comparison, the Note9 was powered by a Snapdragon 845 SoC, and featured 128GB storage/6GB Ram and 512GB storage/8GB RAM pairings. As far as battery specifications are concerned, the higher-end variant is expected to pack a 4,300mAh battery, while its smaller counter-part will include a 3,500mAh one. This change is also reflected in the weight of both devices, with each weighing 6.93 ounces (198 grams) and 5.92 ounces (168 grams) respectively. Once again, there seems to be a downgrade in store for the standard variant, since the Note9 shipped with a 4,000mAh battery. Of course, there's no guarantee that these specifications will turn out to be accurate. However, we'll certainly find out more on August 7, when Samsung's Galaxy Unpacked event for this year is scheduled to be held. You can view the live stream here, starting at 4p.m. EST/1p.m. PT. Source: Slashleaks, TechManiacs via PhoneArena
  7. Today
  8. InsaneNutter

On-Premise email vs Cloud

Honestly i'd be trying to sell the benefits of Office 365 over G-Suite, not on-premise Exchange vs G-Suite. If you use any Microsoft products already then Office 365 E3 is a pretty compelling package for the cost per user when you consider everything included. I'm not someone who thinks everything should be in the cloud, however to do email on premises and do it right wouldn't be cost effective vs a cloud solution. Even more so when you look at everything else included with the cloud offerings from either Google or Microsoft.
  9. Wannes

Anti-Adblock Alert

Everything needs to be free. Period!
  10. Me, wife and daughter don’t use any kind of social app. I only use Twitter because of the breaking news feature and IT products... other than that, specially to Facebook, I give them my middle finger. That’s the best social site for perverts to find minors.
  11. Black Shark 2 Pro rear design teased, possibly with RGB lighting by Jay Bonggolto The official Black Shark 2 Pro debut is just seven days away, but its manufacturer shows no sign of stopping the drip-feed of information about the upcoming device. The latest teaser from Black Shark reveals the phone's back design, showing quite a familiar look from the Black Shark 2 but with an interesting twist. The Xiaomi-backed company took to Weibo today to show off what could possibly be an RGB lighting-studded back of the Black Shark 2 Pro. The teaser bares two parallel lines running down the middle of the phone's back panel, seemingly pulsating in different colors. It's a design language that's increasingly becoming a hot addition to modern gaming handsets these days. ASUS' ROG Phone II, which debuted yesterday, also has an RGB LED logo inlaid in its back. And so is nubia's Red Magic 3 announced earlier this year and the Vivo iQOO. Apart from the design change, the Black Shark 2 Pro is also rumored to pack more power than its non-Pro sibling with the supposed addition of Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 855+ SoC to its internals. More details of the handset will be officially announced on July 30. Source: Black Shark (Weibo)
  12. Facebook confirms Messenger Kids bug that allowed children to chat with strangers by Jay Bonggolto Facebook has sent out alerts to parents informing them of a recent bug in the Messenger Kids app that allowed their children to chat with unapproved users through group chats. The social networking giant has already taken down those conversations. The technical error is obviously a clear violation of the app's promise to provide online protection for children under 13 years of age. Launched in late 2017, Messenger Kids was developed around the idea that only parents can set up their kids' account and approve who may communicate with them either through a one-on-one or group video chat. In an alert message to parents, Facebook stated: "We found a technical error that allowed [CHILD]’s friend [FRIEND] to create a group chat with [CHILD] and one or more of [FRIEND]’s parent-approved friends. We want you to know that we’ve turned off this group chat and are making sure that group chats like this won’t be allowed in the future. If you have questions about Messenger Kids and online safety, please visit our Help Center and Messenger Kids parental controls. We’d also appreciate your feedback." The bug affected thousands of accounts, although its regional scope has not been disclosed. It slipped through the app's protection system when a group chat was created by a user's friend who could then add that user to the conversation along with another friend who may not be connected to the initial user. As a result, strangers did not need a parent's pre-approval to chat with their children via those group chats. It's another blow to Facebook's already lousy practices when it comes to user privacy. In October 2018, the Parent Coalition for Student Privacy filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission accusing Messenger Kids of collecting the personal information of children whose privacy it claims to protect. Source: The Verge
  13. Interesting, thanks for the info!
  14. the redmi line of phones are not overly expensive, i got my redmi note 5 pro for like 180$ when it came out, and its not a bad mid tiered phone
  15. The one thing I liked about the s7 is I could use it with one hand Still using my S7 it has great battery life and still like new so when my contract ends I will go sim only deal until there is a notchless phone available that is pocket friendly.
  16. Nick H.

What are you playing?

Ah yes, those enjoyable chores...
  17. dipsylalapo

What are you playing?

Playing through AC: Syndicate. I previously played through Unity, which I found a chore. Really enjoying Unity so far.
  18. dvb2000

Apple might buy Intel's cellular modem division

Why? Intel couldn't deliver a 5G chip for Apple, why do they think they can do any better themselves? More likely Apple think they can use this as leverage to get a cheaper deal from Qualcomm or Samsung for their existing working 5G chips.
  19. Steven P.

Anti-Adblock Alert

I agree with everyone, but I also have a problem with people who smugly proclaim that it is their right to block ads and then complain about the quality of the resources I am trying to offer/pay for. 😛
  20. goretsky

Router gone bad?

Hello, Given the age of the device (about eight year old or so), I would assume that one of the hotter-running components on the board has gone bad (the PHY, processor, power circuitty or wireless radio). Most, if not all of these, are going to be surface-mounted or perhaps even BGA-mounted components and not replaceable without a rework station for reflowing the solder. Given the length of time the device was in service, I would just recommend looking for a replacement device, as @BudMan suggested. Regards, Aryeh Goretsky
  21. What a bunch of ######. It runs fine. let's compare 2 similar apps, one win32/electron and one native UWP ... feel free to enjoy the first one, I prefer the second (first one in the pic) https://i.imgur.com/kw45Hi4.png
  22. dontbeevil

Apple might buy Intel's cellular modem division

I bet was apple plan since the begin
  23. goretsky

How to disable Windows 10 updates permanently

Hello, This will have no effect. Microsoft disabled blocking of its update servers via hosts file somewhere in Microsoft Windows XP's life-cycle in order to prevent malware from using this technique to block access to updates. Here is an example of attempting to block those two hosts under Windows 10: Regards, Aryeh Goretsky
  24. astropheed

What are you playing?

Reassembly.
  25. ISO format and straight up .VOB/.IFO files in a folder are going to take up the same space. I suggest giving the latter a try. When I backed up my collection, I avoided using ISO and left the folders with the files as they were on DVD. Sounds like a decent idea I guess. But to do that just so it conforms to the use of PotPlayer...I don't know. I went back to VLC for viewing my DVDs because it just works. VLC plays .ISO files effortlessly because it has awareness of the .ISO format. And that's a cool thing to me. Also, small gripe here, but important to me none the less. I kept looking for an easy way to see how far I am into the movie. Some type of "time expired/time remaining" on-screen indicator that I could turn on or at the very least see when I moved the mouse around. I like to watch long movies in increments so I monitor my viewing time. I couldn't find this in PotPlayer. It's hard to believe it's not there so I'll keep looking but for now, I'm not giving up my VLC player just yet. It's there. If you move the mouse to the bottom edge of the screen the progress/timeline will appear.
  26. Peresvet

What are you playing?

Man, the game is TOUGH and as such, it is hugely addictive!
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?