All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 300z

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

So in essence bend over backwards to whatever BS the US government wants from them? The US has yet to show any kind of substantial evidence about spying from Huawei. The funny thing is, ARM isn’t a US company And you believe that ARM just did this for no reason or without some sort of US influence?
  3. For some reason, the PC in the living room got a notification that HomeGroup is now gone. Didn't it went away last big update?
  4. Circaflex

Password Methodology

I used to just use a various combination of two or three passwords, which had different symbols and what have you. But, I've converted to using keepass and storing the database file locally and on the cloud, with a daily sync. I remember the master password and let keepass do the rest. If i need a new password, I use the auto-generator feature built into keepass to create a long, obscure password. Easy enough in my opinion.
  5. Link your android, iphone phone needs to go. Matter of fact, the whole settings app needs to be deprecated. It sucks.
  6. anyone ever say how far along they are designing the interior?
  7. Super Heavy build: 3 months RaptorVac tests: 4 monthst We may well see a full-stack SH/Starship launch in 2020.
  8. Today
  9. I have a Windows 8.1 laptop with Core i3 6100U laptop, 8 gb of ram, a good SSD and May Update works like crap on it with latest drivers. Windows 8.1 is twice as fast if not more. I've dealt with computers for more than a decade and on my rig , 8.1 is a champion. By far.
  10. locks you in a room with someone who thinks the last good version was Sims 2 world is more peaceful
  11. GOG is still > all others, but I'm skeptical of any attempt to become an all-in-one hub. Nobody ever pulls this off, and there's no reason to think it's gotten easier.
  12. For me it's a random itch I'll get to play it a bunch, then never touch it again until the next itch. It's not exactly an exciting game. But what's funny is how it could more accurately be called a "role playing game" than almost any other game that is. In many ways, it gives people 95% of what they lament is missing from mainstream RPGs. Especially with Sims 3, which had labyrinths, combat, criminal paths, etc. But RPGers don't necessarily like it all that much.
  13. the amount of bloat in windows 10 is pretty annoying.
  14. Pretend it's a launcher. Nobody griped about games in the 90s that started with a little window you had to click the 'Play' button on.
  15. Sims 4 is good enough, except for the fact that you have to throw hundreds of more dollars at DLCs to get all the content Until Sims 5 comes out, then you have to buy the DLCs all over again! It does have some good new things; though I feel they missed a lot of opportunities where they could have improved some core aspects of the game from Sims 3 to make it more solid and have the base game have a longer market life. The irony is that people were asking for Sims 5 less than a year after Sims 4 came out. As if they'd be cool spending the same amount of money at the same frequency anyway as long as they just called it a new game.
  16. Same for me. When clicking the bundled link, it drives me to a page stating a USB flash drive is inserted though none actually is! Arggg... The solution in the comment above seems to work for me. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye and remove the folder. It is my work machine, I don't have this thing installed. Maybe another application causes the issue. As you said, the installer could just specify the problem in order for us to solve it...
  17. Google Chrome 74.0.3729.169 (offline installer) by Razvan Serea The web browser is arguably the most important piece of software on your computer. You spend much of your time online inside a browser: when you search, chat, email, shop, bank, read the news, and watch videos online, you often do all this using a browser. Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Use one box for everything--type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and Web pages. Thumbnails of your top sites let you access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab. Desktop shortcuts allow you to launch your favorite Web apps straight from your desktop. Chrome has many useful features built in, including automatic full-page translation and access to thousands of apps, extensions, and themes from the Chrome Web Store. Google Chrome is one of the best solutions for Internet browsing giving you high level of security, speed and great features. Important to know! The offline installer links do not include the automatic update feature. Download web installer: Google Chrome Web 32-bit | Google Chrome 64-bit | Freeware Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 32-bit | 52.2 MB Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 64-bit | 53.3 MB Download: Google Chrome MSI Installers for Windows (automatic update) View: Chrome Website | v74.0.3729.169 Release Notes Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  18. This game is not available on macOS. Epic Games Store does support macOS, for other games that are available on that platform.
  19. Still cryting over GoT mate? Get over it, the show is over. Still? That was two days after the last episode aired, immediately after I watched it and the first comment I posted about it. Also, I'm not your mate, bro.
  20. I agree, in protest, I will not open Publisher for an entire year.
  21. Its actually not complete crap, just doesn't have a lot of (valid) use cases. It can't scale well at all, 5 or so concurrent users is about all you can have. For small things, Excel is easier and faster, but bigger things, Access limitations will probably hold you back too much. You can use Access as a front-end for an SQL Express server, but the level of effort there is well beyond what is reasonable for an MS Office application.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?