All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I am not sure I am a fan of this. I think it is important to have a solid B tier of mobile providers. T-Mobile has really pushed itself into the A tier over the last 5 years, and their prices are starting to reflect that. In my opinion, eating up these other players is more about eliminating competition than it is acquiring customers, towers, and frequencies.
  3. Microsoft adds Planner Premium Plan tasks to the new Planner app under the My Tasks view by John Callaham Earlier this month, Microsoft revealed that its upgraded Planner app for Teams had reached the general availability stage. Today, the company announced that the new Planner app is getting an additional feature update that should make it easier for its users to see all of their assigned tasks on one page of the app. In a blog post, Microsoft said the new Planner app, along with the To Do app, can now see tasks made from the Planner Premium Plan (previously named Project for the web) in the apps' My Tasks page under the "Assigned to me" view. Previously, users of the Planner app had to check each plan individually to update them if they were made via the Planner Premium Plan. This improvement means this awkward method should now be much simpler. Microsoft says: You can not only see the premium plan tasks but can also update the progress of the task and mark it as complete right within the Assigned to Me view. Editing remaining fields is just a click away; you can do so by clicking "Go to premium plan" in the task details view, which would then enable full task management capabilities. This new feature has just now started to roll out to users of the Planer and To Do apps and will be available to all users in the coming weeks. Microsoft also announced plans today to add even more features to the Planner app in the near future. They include: Ability to edit more fields from Assigned to Me view Syncing of Labels, Checklist Syncing of tasks from Plans in Named org Microsoft has already announced that it does not have plans to ditch the older Planner app or the To Do app. However, it does have plans to update Planner on the web with the new Planner app at some point.
  4. well, preston adds a lot of features maybe not all of mobile phone, but most of the important ones, and some exclusive to telegram desktop. https://t.me/tdesktopbetatest/
  5. Please don't resort to lying; you are not helping. I love Linux and want to see it succeed, but one huge problem in the community are massively exaugurated comments like yours that demonstrably false. It is in no way true that games install faster or easier on Linux than Windows. It is the exact opposite; you will have to spend time getting your compatibility layers setup correctly. That time may be minimal, but it exists, and to pretend that process is somehow faster than simply running in the installer on Windows is dishonest. It is in no way true that games use half the RAM on Linux vs Windows. You can make an argument that Linux allows for better optimization and lowering the overall memory footprint of the computer, but you are talking about saving 1-2 gigs at most, that is in no way going to overall half the memory usage once you add on a 10+ GB game. The performance claim in Linux is also mostly false. Gaming on Linux is reaching parody with Windows, which is great and worth bragging about, but don't claim it is better when there are very few titles where that is the case. As much as I love the idea of Linux becoming more mainstream, and Linux gaming desktop will not be mainstream until most studios offer official Linux support. Until then, it will always be a novelty for those who enjoy tinkering.
  6. I'm not arguing that point. If you're required to do so there isn't much you can do about it. I'm just saying that if a service requires me to drop my VPN to access it, I'm going to take a moment and think about if that service is necessary when there are other services that provide the same options without the "no VPN" requirement. I've got no problem turning around to a company that I work with and saying, "I cannot access that file." It's up to them to provide the work, if the problem is because they are using a service that blocks VPN connections then the problem is on their side, not mine.
  7. Download: Principles of Data Science - Third Edition ($39.99 Value) for Free by Steven Parker Claim your complimentary copy valued at $39.99 for free, before the offer expires May 8, 2024. Principles of Data Science bridges mathematics, programming, and business analysis, empowering you to confidently pose and address complex data questions and construct effective machine learning pipelines. This book will equip you with the tools to transform abstract concepts and raw statistics into actionable insights. Starting with cleaning and preparation, you’ll explore effective data mining strategies and techniques before moving on to building a holistic picture of how every piece of the data science puzzle fits together. Throughout the book, you’ll discover statistical models with which you can control and navigate even the densest or the sparsest of datasets and learn how to create powerful visualizations that communicate the stories hidden in your data. With a focus on application, this edition covers advanced transfer learning and pre-trained models for NLP and vision tasks. You’ll get to grips with advanced techniques for mitigating algorithmic bias in data as well as models and addressing model and data drift. Finally, you’ll explore medium-level data governance, including data provenance, privacy, and deletion request handling. By the end of this data science book, you'll have learned the fundamentals of computational mathematics and statistics, all while navigating the intricacies of modern ML and large pre-trained models like GPT and BERT. Free offer expires on May 8, 2024. The below offers are also available for free in exchange for your (work) email: Windows Server 2022 & PowerShell All-in-One For Dummies ($30.00 Value) FREE – Expires 4/30 Applied Machine Learning and AI for Engineers ($67.99 Value) FREE – Expires 5/1 Modern DevOps Practices - Second Edition ($39.99 Value) FREE – Expires 5/1 Coding with AI For Dummies ($18 Value) FREE – Expires 5/7 Principles of Data Science - Third Edition ($39.99 Value) FREE – Expires 5/8 How to get it Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to download the this free offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. If you've previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. Offered by Packt, view other free resources by Packt. Download: Principles of Data Science - Third Edition ($39.99 Value) for Free Offered by Packt, view other free resources We post these because we earn commission on each lead so as not to rely solely on advertising, which many of our readers block. It all helps toward paying staff reporters, servers and hosting costs. Other ways to support Neowin The above not doing it for you, but still want to help? Check out the links below. Check out our partner software in the Neowin Store Buy a T-shirt at Neowin's Threadsquad Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for an ad-free experience Disclosure: An account at Neowin Deals is required to participate in any deals powered by our affiliate, StackCommerce. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site.
  8. Today
  9. In reality, if they don't come to an agreement, Whatsapp will only have to move or fire Indian-based staff, or maybe not. It was reported there are North Korean employees that work for IT firms (which is surprising to me, because that definitely breaks Sanctions -- but that's another story). As far as the app, Whatsapp could be forced to remove it in any Indian online app store, but they can always offer it for sideloading, especially now that Apple is being forced to allow sideloading in the EU. Basically, tell the gov to screw off, just like every company does w/ Montana and soon the US Federal gov with TikTok. Pretty sad we live in a world where downloading Tiktok is now considered "Viva la Revolucion"
  10. bikeman25

Replacing Windows 10 Gaming Laptop?

Games that would be Played On the Laptop at times Would be SecondLife 64bit (probably would use that more on Laptop at times if a need arised that i wanted to be on the Secondary System) Wreckfest on occasion when not running it on Desktop Need For Speed Payback Police Simulator Patrol Officer Firefighter Simulator: The Squad Lawn Mower Simulator ((Plans is to evenly split the Games between Desktop PC and The Gaming Laptop as whatever new one i decide on should have enough specs to support the games versus current Gaming Laptop that is very hard to get open and upgrade the Ram, storage and battery)
  11. It aint. People wondering when the era of the Linux Desktop will come. IMO it's here already, I can get up and running most distros and running games much quicker than Windows. Performance is better for many now too (the forest with AMD). Memory usage is half.
  12. Mindovermaster

Intel NUC Skull Canyon + USB-C Display

It has a Thunderbolt port. Of course you can use DP or HDMI. And adapter, thunderbolt (USB-C) to DP: https://www.newegg.com/p/183-00E7-00020
  13. Warwagon

Wireguard Config generator.

Version 2.7.4 released
  14. That is a valid point on cars but I guess my point was if want a IBM PC XT it's not that hard to obtain one or put one together.
  15. I'm excited to try this for a plex server, with RDP & Intel Arc driver support built in on top all of the new goodies.
  16. We got Teams from Windows 11, Teams Classic, New Teams. Don't forget there's also Outlook and New Outlook. Users accidentally switch to the new one and complain that nothing works because it's only a crappy webview with zero feature parity. Microsoft simply does terrible software now. Sounds like your IT people need to button things down
  17. True, but in that era 99% of home users really wouldn't have needed something like Unix anyway (and lets not forget Microsoft Xenix, before Evil Microsoft came out to play) Back then it was mainly gaming and BBSing for the PC world, and DOS saw some fun additions down the road.. audio cards, 3D accelerators (Gravis Ultrasound with dual Voodoo 2's for me back in that stage when Windows started coming around), etc etc. Couldn't get any of that in *Nix.
  18. This one was kinda rare if I remember right, much more likely to see something along the lines of PC-MOS or Concurrent-DOS.
  19. Amazon confirms its Prime Day sales event will be back in July 2024 by John Callaham It's not exactly a shock announcement, but Amazon has now officially confirmed today that it will be holding its massive Amazon Prime Day sales event sometime in July 2024. This will be the 10th such event for the company. In a blog post, the online retailer stated the event will be held this year in the following countries: Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada Egypt France Germany India Italy Japan Luxembourg Mexico Netherlands Poland Portugal Saudi Arabia Singapore Spain Sweden Turkey The United Arab Emirates United States United Kingdom The blog post also added: Members will also be able to take advantage of deep discounts and get their shopping done early for Back-to-School supplies, avoiding the lines and enjoying the convenience of fast, free shipping through Prime. In a post on his LinkedIn page, Doug Herrington, CEO of Worldwide Amazon Stores, added, "We are working hard and inventing new ways to pack even more great savings into the event this year." Amazon stated that during Prime Day 2023, Prime members bought over 375 million items and saved a total of $2.5 billion. Despite its name, Amazon Prime Day has been taking place over two days in the last several years. A specific time frame for the event has yet to be disclosed. While the event is technically only for Prime members, you can still sign up for the service with a free 30-day trial before and during the event and not have to pay the monthly fee while still taking advantage of the discounts. In addition to Prime Day, Amazon has recently added more sales events, including Amazon Prime Big Deal Days, which was held in October 2023. More recently, it held its first-ever Big Spring Sale event in March, which was open for both Prime and non-Prime members. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
  20. I really wish I'd hung onto the ubuntu CDs from the early days. Same with some AOL CDs, etc. Strange how things regarded as junk in their day give us the feels now...
  21. JustGeorge

What was the last TV show you watched?

Got about 1.5 seasons of Voyager left and then I'll probably try DS9 again. Err....Complete last season of Discovery and then DS9
  22. Meh, typical Bethesda hilarity. They'll fix it. Really REALLY wish this came with a new achievement stack though. (yes, I'm one of those people).
  23. Replaying FO4 on the machine it is meant to - Playstation 5. Technically flawless, 60fps on ultra at 1440p, bloody short load times and not a single crash until now. Thanks MS. Besides, the file size is 10GB smaller than on XSX.
  1. Load more activity