All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'm hoping they bring back the classic style of FF games (think FF-4 to FF-X). I really liked those story lines and the menu-based game play. I guess I'm too old now to keep up with the action-based FF games these days. I hear ya man. Planning on trying out FFXII though when it comes out to the Switch on the 30th this month. Dragon Quest XI is also a good throwback though for what it's worth, lil on the cheesier side.
  3. The biggest concern I saw from people on Neowin was autopilot guiding them directly into a stationary object in the road, instead of allowing a driver to maneuver the car appropriately around the object in the road. In this example, it seems the car is smart enough to actually handle that. Whether or not it appropriately accounted for other vehicles and space, I dunno. Just thought I'd mention it though because to me, it sounds like a success so long as it was a safe maneuver. 🤷‍♂️ Well in this case, he grabbed the wheel and prevented it. It was on a Cali highway so...
  4. Dragon Quest XII! Bring me some good turn based RPGs
  5. Yesterday
  6. Mindovermaster

Looking to replace my monitor soon, are BenQ's good?

Never saw your post above, bro. But I have never heard anything bad from BenQ. Except the crapilistic ones at WalMart...
  7. The biggest concern I saw from people on Neowin was autopilot guiding them directly into a stationary object in the road, instead of allowing a driver to maneuver the car appropriately around the object in the road. In this example, it seems the car is smart enough to actually handle that. Whether or not it appropriately accounted for other vehicles and space, I dunno. Just thought I'd mention it though because to me, it sounds like a success so long as it was a safe maneuver. 🤷‍♂️
  8. DevTech

Per my post above, quality varies with the monitor's product category. For Dell, any monitor that is "UltraSharp with Premium Panel" is as good as anything on the planet and very highly recommended! Any other model will be various trade-offs all the way down to low-end like HP, Lenovo and everyone else. Since there is a lot of tech issues to consider, the general INSANELY HIGH level of lazy in almost every I.T. dept, means that I get to see CRAP MONITORS EVERYWHERE in the business world. Branding is NO rescue from this problem, just makes it worse actually by giving lazy people an excuse to not spend proper due diligence doing their tech research!
  9. zikalify

Amazon launches Key for Garage for Prime members

Yes, since the 2000s we've all become allergic to the outside and talking to people.
  10. DevTech

This kind of thing has been discussed before. The cost of mass producing a modern LCD Panel has resulted in a consolidation to just a tiny number of plants on Planet Earth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flat_panel_display_manufacturers - the list needs a bit of updating to remove the obsolete stuff, but your new monitor's Panel is coming from one of those! Since the quality of the Panel is like 95% of the quality you will experience, ALL brands will be drawing from the same well there. EVERY brand sells low cost junk, business class junk, mid-range consumer (and same thing in "gamer" plastic/colors) , mid-range business, premium gamer and premium designer. There is also a bottom-feeding low volume market in "end of line/manufacturing defect rejects/etc" as typified by your Yamakasi. Some Brands also provide premium customer support as part of their branding, a "feature" which can change overnight so I tend to discard it but Logitech for example has worked hard in that area over the years... Dell is particularly good at making it clear which "category" their product model in once you know their "lingo" - If you want some of the best monitors available, you wait for a sale on a Dell UltraSharp with Premium Panel (for Dell, the "Premium Panel" designator is a sneaky way of leveraging their reputation to make more profit off of people who don't notice at time of order that they forgot to specify that option) HP monitors with the "DreamColor" designation are also first rate. ASUS uses the "ProArt" designation to indicate top of the line LCD Panels. BenQ used to call their good monitors "DesignVue" but now the designation is "PD Series" https://www.benqdirect.com/pd3200u.html Ultimately, to understand ANY monitor purchase, you need to know exactly what model of LCD Panel you are buying and that can usually be found in various forums where people discuss monitors. Unfortunately, some Brands will substitute panels over a model's lifetime and often they start high to get good reviews and often save a few pennies as sales progress but sometimes it goes the other way so always TRACK THAT. ETC.
  11. JHBrown

Forget about the delivery stealing all your stuff. When the app gets hacked...then, the real theft begins. Not just from the garage, but since the connecting door is often not locked, the entire house becomes a "buffet." So much high tech and its much-vaunted "security." I would hope people have the proper security/deterrents in place before using such a service. The "owners entry", the door connecting to the house, should be properly secured, along with the rest of the house.
  12. TsarNikky

Forget about the delivery stealing all your stuff. When the app gets hacked...then, the real theft begins. Not just from the garage, but since the connecting door is often not locked, the entire house becomes a "buffet." So much high tech and its much-vaunted "security."
  13. JHBrown

Depends on how you value your time/mental health. My nearest post office isn't right around the corner, and I hate dealing with USPS/UPS/FedEx customer service. You can tell they hate their jobs, and the interaction can be dreadful.
  14. astropheed

Is it so hard to go to the post and pick up your package?
  15. that's why you have a camera to record that and get them, heck I have an 5MP IP camera mounted on the ceiling of my garage 12 ft up just in case someone decides to go in when I'm not looking and out mowing or something They could use a mask.
  16. JHBrown

Just like the Uber guy who went back and robbed the couple after taking them to the airport. Really smart allowing access to your domicile to some of the most disgruntled, lowest paid employees on the planet. Really smart. I don't think the Amazon delivery driver will want to deal with our two 125 pound Akitas waiting inside. Additionally, to access the inside of the house from the garage, this delivery driver would first need to get through a keyless door lock. If he/she has the guts to get through two huge barking dogs on the other side of the door, a keyless door, and obvious cameras in the garage/outside the garage (monitored security system), then I hope they enjoy that experience. Also note, we keep nothing of huge value inside the garage besides our vehicles. If they want the vehicles that bad, choose one, and have fun on the joy ride. We keep a boat in one bay, so that will probably get ignored, and I doubt they'd want to take our RV on the side of the house for a joy ride. They can pretty much have whatever they want in the garage. That's what insurance is for.
  17. Mindovermaster

Was just posting as an example, I am sure Dell does 4K monitors as well. I do not know the quality of them.
  18. xendrome

Going from 4k probably 27 to 32 inch to a 24 inch 1920x1200 is not going to work for anyone who is used to it. But Dell monitors are really good, 27 inch 1440 or 4k would prob be his minimum
  19. Mindovermaster

You ever look at Dell monitors? I have 2 of these: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2415-24-Inch-1920-Monitor/dp/B00NZTKOQI/ref=sr_1_1?crid=TWACNFJ8D2NT&keywords=dell+ultrasharp+24&qid=1556059282&s=gateway&sprefix=dell+ultrashap%2Caps%2C156&sr=8-1
  20. jnelsoninjax

Yamakasi, I paid like $200 for it, almost 4 years ago, and it is showing signs of failing (brightness issues)
  21. Mindovermaster

What is your display now? I never used a BenQ, but I heard they are quite good.
  22. Sonyboyj

Microsoft won't be removing Paint from Windows 10 for now

I have a few apps from the store installed. I do hate the MS Store but i just think Microsoft needs to actually invest time into it. Like offer devs 90% of the profits, perhaps get more open-source companies to upload their apps there, like firefox, gimp, libre office, get some traffic to the store. IDK.
  23. I am looking to replace my aging 4K display with a newer one, and I see the BenQ brand is fairly reasonable in pricing. Are they decent monitors, or would I be better off buying a well known brand like LG, etc?
  24. How much of an upgrade would this be for someone with a nvidia 960 based card?
  25. Seriously, don't pay any attention to the likes of that thunderf00l type. They are just butthurt trolls waiting for opportunities to start tinfoiling it up hardcore.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?