All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Nick H.

Windows ranking

Well this is a productive discussion...
  3. Coater4

Windows ranking

I hat linux! but i have android becuase why not.
  4. Nick H.

Windows ranking

I'm not sure I can rank an OS. I work with what I have. Which at the moment is Windows 10 at the office, Linux Mint and Windows 10 at home.
  5. Coater4

Windows ranking

again to not heras, its just a terminal Show your inner windows, Please?
  6. Human.Online

Windows ranking

What even is this? What's being asked? What do you mean "Rank your OSs"? Why? Based upon what?
  7. Coater4

Windows ranking

What is wrong with you! 1-4
  8. Coater4

Windows ranking

*gasps* how would you monster! Why do you hate this?
  9. Human.Online

Hidden Photos & iCloud

I think Sean is using Apple Photos, which uploads EVERYTHING to the cloud. It features a "Hidden" meta-folder (reality it's just a tag). This hides the images from the Camera Roll. But they are still there within the upload.
  10. hello dear Dave finally got there : i followed the instructions: https://randomnerdtutorials.com/install-upycraft-ide-linux-ubuntu-instructions/ Once i have activated the virtual environment, i should be able to list out packages using pip list and verify version using python --version. that said - i continued: python3 -m venv myVirtEnv root@MartinsMX-Rechner:/home/martin# python3 -m venv myVirtEnv root@MartinsMX-Rechner:/home/martin# source myVirtEnv/bin/activate (myVirtEnv) root@MartinsMX-Rechner:/home/martin# python --version Python 3.5.3 (myVirtEnv) root@MartinsMX-Rechner:/home/martin# pip list DEPRECATION: The default format will switch to columns in the future. You can use --format=(legacy|columns) (or define a format=(legacy|columns) in your pip.conf under the [list] section) to disable this warning. pip (9.0.1) pkg-resources (0.0.0) setuptools (33.1.1) (myVirtEnv) root@MartinsMX-Rechner:/home/martin# well i guess that i now can proceed with the futher steps
  11. Skiver

Hidden Photos & iCloud

I'm making a few assumptions that it works exactly the same on iOS here as I'm an android user but have you considered Google Photos? I can store photos on my phone and they are automatically backed up to the cloud I can "archive" photo's on my phone which means they're removed from my phone but remain in the cloud If I delete a photo it deletes from both phone and cloud.
  12. derekaw

iPhone 11 Pro review: An actual, meaningful upgrade

Yep, when it came out they said it was the greatest best-est thing ever invented and just like that they said nope, we lied to you, not needed . You have clearly described Windows Phone.
  13. Night mode definitely benefits from having some ambient light. No mobile phone will cope in a pitch black environment. That said, I also did a shot inside my house at night, and LED lighting from a a few appliances, was more than enough for the phone to pick up a relatively noise free image. So yeah, these examples do look a little off. That said, there are comparisons so you can see how another phone did. A near-dark comparison would probably have proved more realistic though.
  14. Today
  15. Looking forward to windows updates is like looking forward to going to the dentist. You know you need to go, but you also know it's gonna hurt & the pain takes a while to subside... come to think of it, I prefer the dentsist lol
  16. The dual-screen nubia Z20 is now available worldwide for $549 by João Carrasqueira As previously announced, the nubia Z20 is now available for purchase in many markets around the world. The smartphone offers a pretty interesting take on how to remove notches and bezels from the front of the device, by placing a secondary display on the back of the device, which can be used to take selfies when needed. The nubia Z20 was launched in the Chinese market back in August, and though we knew the release date before, the price hadn't been revealed yet. Now, we know it costs $549 in the United States, €549 in Europe, and £499 in the UK. For that price, you get some pretty appealing specs, at least on paper: Bezelless 6.42" FHD+ display Fully-functional 5.1” rear display Triple Camera Setup (48MP main camera with OIS + 16MP ultra wide angle + 8MP telephoto) Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 Plus 4,000mAh battery with up to 27W PD Fast Charge 8GB RAM + 128GB Storage If you're interested in nubia's latest smartphone, you can buy it now from the company's official website. If you're more into gaming phones, nubia's Red Magic brand will make available the Red Magic 3S later this week.
  17. Sean B.

Sean B.

15+ years on Neowin, boy has the time flown by! 

1. Steven P.

15 wonderful years :D

2. Sean B.

Very much so, so much time spent lurking in the shadows lately LOL.

18. Sean B.

Hidden Photos & iCloud

Up until tonight I was under the impression that when you hide a photo from your camera roll it wasn't uploaded to iCloud, however after some research I've found that it is intended behavior. I'm curious to know if anyone uses a app/service specifically for pictures/photos they don't want uploaded to the cloud. I'd prefer something that allows local storage on my iPhone with the ability to backup to my desktop manually.
  19. Agreed. I'm fond of the devices but the overall OS is a turn off for me.
  20. Paying for 200/10 and I'm pretty satisfied with 240/14. I'm hoping one day Comcast will offer a better package in my area. https://pic.nperf.com/r/3217483664978053-mo5osJkP.png https://www.nperf.com/r/3217483664978053-mo5osJkP
  21. Given the companies continued disregard for user data I saw this coming. I highly doubt it takes off with any major market share.
  22. one more interesting article engadget.com/2019/10/13/safari-in-ios-sends-safe-browsing-data-to-tencent/
  23. I really like this one, but they could have put 4 thunderbolts port, I think I'll go for the yoga 940 or the new hp spectre x360, they have also a full size usb-a at least
  24. I'm sure you meant 18363.418 UUP Dump website ISO makes this version for you and basically is RTM ISO (not an outdated release via UUP Dump website like the Insider Preview ISO is)
  25. But you trust your bank. Same thing to be honest, certainly after we us tax payers in the UK had to bail them out.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?