All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I will stick with Libre office and affinity publisher. I do not have to keep constantly paying for them.
  3. Pricing is great but I would love to know more about the specs and quality of the keyboard.
  4. Amazon is selling a year of Office 365 Home for $69.99, ends soon by Rich Woods Many savvy customers just don't pay full price for Office 365. That's because at various points throughout the year, you can get it at a discount. Today is Amazon Prime Day, and it's one of those times. Amazon is selling a year of Office 365 Home for $69.99, $30 off of its normal price. The Home variant of Office 365 will get Microsoft's full suite of Office apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access) for up to six people. You'll also get 1TB of OneDrive storage, and each of the five people you can share it with will also get a terabyte of cloud storage. Naturally, you also get access to the Office apps on mobile platforms, such as iOS and Android. There's a bit of a catch though. This is a Lightning Deal on Amazon, so you'll want to act quickly. Once the deal is gone, you'll have to wait until the next one to get a discount on Office 365, and there's no telling when that will be. Discounts on the suite of productivity apps do happen often enough though. To check out the deal on Amazon, you can find it here.
  5. Microsoft is making improvements to Azure reliability by João Carrasqueira Microsoft has published a new post on its Azure blog, where Chief Technical Officer Mark Russinovich reveals that the company's cloud services have been running at an average 99.995% uptime over the past year. The number may seem fairly high, but with the increased reliance of companies and people on cloud infrastructure, any failure or problem, such as the one that happened at the beginning of May, is one too many for most people. Microsoft acknowledges this, and as such, the blog post goes to announce that the company has created a new Quality Engineering team inside Azure, which will be working alongside the existing Site Reliability Engineering team. The new team will set out to develop new ways to make the platform more reliable and prevent incidents such as the one mentioned above. To that endeavor, there are a few initiatives already underway. Microsoft is investing in safe deployment practices that involve longer testing through various phases to ensure that changes are deployed safely. The company is also working on zero-impact and low-impact maintenance procedures, greatly reducing or eliminating downtime completely during update processes, for example. To make sure services are ready to deal with failures, Microsoft is injecting faults into its services more frequently before they're made public, and it's also planning to give customers the ability to do this on their own. Microsoft is also working to expand availability zones, which provide even more reliability to its customers. Currently, they're available in Azure's 10 largest markets, and Microsoft is hoping to bring them to the next 10 by 2021. It's also providing storage-account failover options to customers so that each organization can choose whether to prioritize data retention or time to restore when things go wrong. Microsoft has typically prioritized data retention, which caused some outages to last longer than some would like. Lastly, there's Project Tardigrade, which was first announced at this year's Build. This will allow Azure to detect hardware failures or memory leaks that can cause systems to crash, and freeze the virtual machine before it does. This allows the service to move the workload to a healthy host.
  6. yoco

Is my USB key dying?

lol, it worked, but I did have to delete that registry I manually insert before!
  7. "Our new processor is as fast as our old processor running 10C cooler!" ... Yay?
  8. super violent and gory game and they're worried about smoking references .... someone needs to get their priorities straight ...
  9. Well, until the 835 they used to release a small bump for several years: 800 -> 801 820 -> 821 (Dunno about others).
  10. How to do Multicloud and Keep Your Job - Free Webinar by Steven Parker This free 1-hour webinar from GigaOm Research brings together experts in multicloud, featuring GigaOm analyst David Linthicum and special guest from CloudHealth, John McLoughlin. The discussion will focus on how to make multicloud work the first time, and not become a cloud failure statistic. Claim it for free today, before this offer expires. What's it about? In this 1-hour webinar, you will discover: The current adoption patterns of multicloud Top 5 things that cloud practitioners need to think of now in order to be successful Key tools that are making a difference Emerging best and worst practices to multicloud success or failure Why Attend There is a lot of research indicating how the use of multicloud architectures within enterprises are growing. Indeed, a lot of companies are already multicloud, and this architecture is becoming a deliberate choice. Multicloud is becoming the new normal paradigm for enterprises and is a logical evolution from hybrid workloads, and one that is likely to drive us into the future. So, what does leveraging multicloud mean exactly? There are many upsides, such as the ability to leverage best-of-breed technologies and reduce risk, but the challenge of multicloud management is maintaining high levels of excellence while combating the rising complexity operating varieties of infrastructures creates. The purpose of this webinar is to explore that concept, including understanding how to make multicloud work the first time. Hopefully, keeping your job in the process. How to get it Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last! >> How to do Multicloud and Keep Your Job - Free Webinar << Offered by Gigaom, view other free resources | Limited time offer Not for you? That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Or via our preferred partner: Get a discounted Private Internet Access VPN subscription plan via Neowin #PIA #VPN #PrivateInternetAccess https://t.co/R16yqXJuGQ pic.twitter.com/QrdBEMRgWE — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) May 13, 2019 How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.
  11. Eternal Tempest

Sony's PlayStation Classic console discounted to $19.99

(Edit) This is a rush product. They took an existing community open source PS1 emulator, customized it. They chose the PAL versions of the games instead of the NTSC which would of been slighter better quality. In addition, it didn't take long for people to discover the open source emulator running it and how to access it's original menu / interface. You even have to supply your own USB / AC Adapter.
  12. A game that glorifies killing with grotesque grit is going "woke" on us and preaching anti-smoke ideals... I'd rather listen to Bill Cosby lecture the world on how to treat women, thank you very much. Almost as bad as Mortal Kombat's "wokeness". (In case you missed it, they decried excessive female nudity in their own game while simultaneously sexually glorifying almost every male character in the process with... excessive male nudity) You can't make this crap up.
  13. ACTIONpack

Fair Market Price for my Custom PC?

I want to get a new i7 but want to wait for 10th gen
  14. BB is def on something with their pricing.
  15. i kind of get this. the only purpose my smartphone serves is as a calculator and alarm clock. i dont use it to call, text, play games, or even watch media. "You" Don't do these things... on of my friends download torrents with he's phone legit. i was totally kidding. but yeah, everyone uses it differently. i say let people live. use the phone how they want.
  16. TruckWEB

$49 in Canada... Big deal... NOT.
  17. episode

Is my USB key dying?

Sounds like you have something else going on. No, you won't lose files from removing devices/drivers from device manager. However, it also probably won't resolve your issue.
  18. Brandon H

Is my USB key dying?

no you wouldn't lose data. the driver is just how the computer reads the USB; it doesn't effect the physical media. some USB drives have a read-only switch on them; I'd look it over to see if yours has one and flip it to see if that helps
  19. yoco

Is my USB key dying?

I can't believe this! Both of my external USB hdd's are now saying "the disk is write-protected" when I try to paste any file to them. 😣 So I want to uninstall the drivers, to try and fix this, but I just wanna ask, I don't actually lose files when I uninstall drivers in device manager?
  20. Windows 10 19H2 build 18362.10005 lets third-party voice assistants work on the lock screen by Rich Woods Today, Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18362.10005 to the Slow ring. It's the latest and second build from the 19H2 development branch, the first of which was released to the Slow ring two weeks ago. While 19H2 is considered to be a feature update, it will be a minor one that focuses on quality instead of big new features. That's also why it's shipping in the form of a cumulative update, not changing the major build number from 18362. This build contains a few minor new features, but one that's fairly significant is that third-party voice assistants can now work above the lock screen. These new features are turned off by default, and will likely be turned off by default when 19H2 ships, as was reported previously. Here's the full changelog: Windows containers require matched host and container version. This restricts customers and limits Windows containers from supporting mixed-version container pod scenarios This update includes 5 fixes to address this and allow the host to run down-level containers on up-level for process (Argon) isolation. A fix to allow OEMs to reduce the inking latency based on the hardware capabilities of their devices rather than being stuck with latency selected on typical hardware configuration by the OS. Key-rolling or Key-rotation feature enables secure rolling of Recovery passwords on MDM managed AAD devices upon on demand request from in-tune/MDM tools or upon every time recovery password is used to unlock the BitLocker protected drive. This feature will help prevent accidental recovery password disclosure as part of manual BitLocker drive unlock by users. A change to enable third-party digital assistants to voice activate above the Lock screen. It also contains the fixes from this month's Patch Tuesday update for Windows 10 version 1903. If you're on the Slow ring, today's build will arrive through Windows Update. If you're not, you can use the Windows Insider Program page in Settings to get started.
  21. Brandon H

the article doesn't state discontinued; it states discounted, aka on sale. edit: there are other articles when I google though that state manufacturing was discontinued back in April. You may not like it but it makes sense as the product was a flop. They didn't include very good games in my or many others' opinions.
  22. Vandalsquad

Best emulator you will get for the price for PS1 games. Takes all of less then 5 minutes to set up with no issues, actually been impressed by it
  23. I would buy this... $200 is a fair price point for qwerty, unlike the bb..
  24. Most shops dont need to accept £50, currently they only are required to accept £20 notes and below. If you get done with a fake £50 it can be a high loss of earnings for small retailers.
  25. They are discontinuing it already? What!? Why?! I hate when companies make knee-jerk decisions like this. They need to slow down and look carefully at what they are doing.
  26. After Brexit, we will see more of these notes when the pound shops become the £50 shops
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?