iBook & pBook users - uControl!

Being a new powerbook user, there has really been only 3 things that bothered me. One was fixed by sidetrack, turning the right side of my trackpad into a wonderful scroll pad. This app has been awesome with no complaints whatsoever.

So this leads me to my 2nd problem - the right click function. Yes I confess, I am a PC user and the right click has just become natural to me. Even when I use an externam mouse on my powerbook, I am constantly using the right click. On my powerbooks keyboard though, the control key is on the left, causing me to look like I have leaporsy when using cntrl+click. Sooo, ucontrol to the rescue. This app has many features, but my favorite is that I can switch some keys around. So now, that useless (to me anyway) enter key that is on the right of the spacebar now acts as a second control key. This means that I have option+click and control+click right next to each other now. perfect one handed right handed action. Jagged, this one's for you!

Also another great app I have come accross is saft. A program designed to give kiosk mode to safari but I use it for an entirely different purpose. It was actually just updated yesterday but I have had it for awhile and love it. It changes safari into a totally tabbed browser. Everytime a link is supposed to open in a new window, it opens in a tab instead. You can tell it whether to open it in the background or focus on the new tab via Safari's tab preferences. This means that I have no more than one window of safari open at a time, the way a browser should be IMO. I find it an invaluable app so maybe some of you will appreciate it also.

Overview and Links

Sidetrack - Gives specified regions of you trackpad scrolling capability.

Saft - Adds default tabbed browsing and kiosk mode to Safari.

uControl - Among other useful features, allows you to replace certain keys on your keyboard with other functions.

Sorry if all these are old new, but I thought someone might find it helpful. I will also add the links to the newbie guide :)

Thanks a lot for the tip about Saft. I've always wanted that kind of functionality!

Edit: Didn't work with the version of Safari shipped with Panther, but I'll be keeping a close eye on this for updates.

Thanks a lot for the tip about Saft. I've always wanted that kind of functionality!

Edit: Didn't work with the version of Safari shipped with Panther, but I'll be keeping a close eye on this for updates.

Yea, well the Panther box hasn't gotten to many people yet, has it? :p

Thanks for uControl Fusion! Now I'm happy.

I like Saft too. Always wanted that function with the tabs.

Yea, well the Panther box hasn't gotten to many people yet, has it? :p

Thanks for uControl Fusion! Now I'm happy.

I like Saft too. Always wanted that function with the tabs.

NP man. I am having some trouble with the app not working afte the computer has been put to sleep. Are you experiencing this also? I'll try to figure out what's up. ;)

Yea, I know Cerbero. I'm just joking around.

No, I'm not experiencing any problems with Saft or uControl after my Powerbook wakes up from sleep. Seems strange.