Semi Large Logo Request

Question

The above thread suggest starting a seperate topic if the project warrants it.

In short I'm looking for a gaming/professional logo. Our online gaming team competes nationally and hopefully 1 day worldwide. Our next event is in Dallas, TX at this years CPL summer extreme championship. Our particular team plays Call of Duty. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, this is where the worlds best online gamers compete in person for anywhere between $50,000 and $100,000 dollars. This year the total prize pool is $250,000.

That was just some background. As you can imagine we are looking for sponsers and some volunteers to assist us where needed. That is why I came here to ask if any willing designers would like to take this small project so that we can then produce T-shirts, gaming parts, hats and anything else to distingish our team. Thx for your consideration.

Here is some general guidelines and request.

1. psd format

2. Large enough to fit a T-shirt on front. (Suggested to be about 12inches wide with no limits on height)

3. Prefer a darker appearance, some mild colors can be used. Prefer use of warm colors like red, orange.

4. Scalable. Would like the image to have good quality even when reduced in size.

5. Needs to appeal to Gamers.

6. Prefer 2 logos, one with the word "LORD", and the other with the word "=LORD=". (No quotes on ethier, this is just our teams tag name)

7. Our team name is called "Legends Of the Restful Dead". If you can manage to add this in somewhere that is great. Notice which letters are capitalized.

Logos I came across that impressed me that you can use for reference: (Course the Names "Pd" and "DON" would be replaced by "LORD" or "=LORD=")

http://www.pixtur.de/img_logo_pd.ger.html

http://www.pixtur.de/img_logo_don.ger.html

Note: The above designer of theses logos is currently extremely busy and unable to offer his expertise or help which is why I'm here as well. If you have questions for him you can email him at thomas@pixtur.de

Some additional information:

Our Current Website which should help with the color scheme I prefer: http://teamlord.net/index.php

Any questions you can post here or email me at Geronimo@teamlord.net . Thx for those who can help us and if you have any personal request in regard to this I'll see what we can do. Maybe you want a T-shirt for yourself in the end? :)

12 answers to this question

i think you should try in the GRT-> Graphics Request Thread..

most ppl that want a logo here and post a seperate thread are usually paying or something..

maybe the designers here don't like the offer :ninja: :shifty:

Personally, I'm just over people requesting free work when they could easily make some type of offer. It's one thing when someone asks for a logo for their sister's blog because they are not graphically inclined and another when someone looking to get a chunk of a $250k offers you a T-shirt that you designed. Nice...

Personally, I'm just over people requesting free work when they could easily make some type of offer. It's one thing when someone asks for a logo for their sister's blog because they are not graphically inclined and another when someone looking to get a chunk of a $250k offers you a T-shirt that you designed. Nice...

I believe he is trying to win 250k for gaming, not for wearing a t-shirt....

I believe he is trying to win 250k for gaming, not for wearing a t-shirt....

Yeah, but tossing someone $75-100 for something used semi-commercially when you have a $50,000 - $250,000 in your eye couldn't hurt someone's motivation.

id be willing 2 do a logo any time...4 a small sample of cash....like 50 USD..but u willl greatlly be un-satisfied with wat u payed and wat u got....(ROTLFMAO)...(my skills arent that good u see)

and another when someone looking to get a chunk of a $250k offers you a T-shirt that you designed. Nice...

lol You holding out for the shorts and the cap too huh?

LOL SniperX... why the hell would I want a T-shirt that has some caln's logo on it? :) I might as well get me a hat with "JMann Designs" plastered across the front, afterall I did do a logo for him. :laugh:

I might as well get me a hat with "JMann Designs" plastered across the front, afterall I did do a logo for him. :laugh:

ROFL - That, I want pictures of! lol Oh boy....

Did JMann get booed off of Neowin? I saw his little slapfight with .Atlantis... Graphic designers shouldn't be requesting logos from other graphic designers.

Thats the cash pool for 1000's of gamers. If you happen to place first in my particular tournament we would recieve 15,000 for our team of 10. So basically we are paying on average about $600 for our vacation to go to the event (Not including the registration fee which is $80), plus additional cost like food etc. So its not as lucrative you might think.

The best I could offer is 10% of my personal share if we happen to get in the money. BTW to get prize money you need to place in the top 8 out of 64 Teams. If I'm not mistaken 8th place receives $1000. So my share would be $100.

Come back down to reality. The idea behind the event is if you place well, you can garner sponserships to cover your cost for future events. Part of the logo request is to help present ourselves as a good team to sponser if we happen to do well.