Omg! My monitor

My roommate was watered a baby pine tree, and it was in foil, and the water leaked and poured onto the top of my monitor. Now it is zooming in and out, blacking out, and turning off for prolonged periods of time. Anyone have a clue if it might just fix itself after it dries out? Or is it screwed? And have any clue if I would be able to get warranty service on it (would they detect water damage)?

UGH!

post-13-1079822862.jpg

yeah you should have waited for it to dry..once dry it would work fine..but now since the electrcity and water have reacted..some type of short circuit has occured cuasing the problems.. :?

No, I wasn't stupid, I didn't even know he got water on it until it was flickering around, screwing up etc. SO I turned it off and started checking connections etc. Then I check the top of my monitor, and it was completely wet... Completely not my fault. My roommate wasn't even in the house. Probably bolted and left after spilling water all over my monitor...

my monitor was turned on directly under a window for about an hour, it worked ok afterwards :p

edit: forgot to say it was raining really bad and the window was wide open :laugh:

If it makes you feel better, kill the pine tree.

awww, the little fella was thirsty... but my roommate was a dumbass none the less. I'm all for hitting the roommate

Your agenda:

1. Slap roomate

2. Demand money for new monitor

3. Wait for "**** off"

4. Break plant

5. Watch TV

6. Steal money off roomate for new monitor.

Good one, haha :)

I'd do that too.

Your agenda:

1. Slap roomate

2. Demand money for new monitor

3. Wait for "**** off"

4. Break plant

5. Watch TV

6. Steal money off roomate for new monitor.

ROFLMAO, that is perfect :D :D

Maybe what I'll do (since his daddy owns the condo, and he lives their for free) is I'll just ask for free rent for a month, and I can use the money I save to buy a brand new monitor :)

EDIT: oh yeah, and don't forget the slap... can't forget that!

My sister spilt a plant-pot full of water all over the monitor for our old Amstrad CPC 6128k. Get in there quick with the hair drier!

sadly, I had to run off to work as soon as I found it was soaked... So I'm speaking to you from work, and won't be home for another 4 hours still... :unsure:

EDIT: and we don't have a hair dryer...

When you get a new one, get a flat screen :yes: , but make sure to keep it away from him. I want a flat screen, but don't have enough money yet :( I guess I'll just wait.

PS- Maybe you could buy it an umbrella this time? And put the plant on the floor?

Forigve and forget, save up your money and buy a new one. Or just walk up to your roomate grab him by the collar rip out his spine and make him drink his own spinal fluid and make sure the last thing he takes a sight of is you smiling.

When you get a new one, get a flat screen :yes: , but make sure to keep it away from him. I want a flat screen, but don't have enough money yet :( I guess I'll just wait.

PS- Maybe you could buy it an umbrella this time? And put the plant on the floor?

I would love to get a lcd, but since I do lots of flight sims and stuff, I'ld need one that doesn't ghost. Got any suggestions?