WIRED sayng shapeshifter for OSX is pioneering ski

Just saw this thing & Could't believe wath I was reading, I just had to give them o good bashing, & correct some misfortunate :angry: mistakes

How stupid & selfcentred can people be!!????

PLEASE BASH them with mails!!! :angry: :devil: :ninja:

"Windows is monolithic. Everyone gets the same style," he said. "You have all these totally different users across the world, and they get the same damn scheme."

"I think the Microsoft experience will follow a similar tack," he said. "There's great equity in Disney offering a Disney interface, with Disneyesque buttons and icons, and menus and toolbars."

This is the link to the WIRED news post!

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,61441...n_story_related

& this is the email i send them 10 seconds after finished reading!, please feel free to write some emails too, & make justice to those who worked so hard to make what the skinning community is today!!!

"Windows skinning has been going for yars, since windows 98 with windowblinds, and on windows XP, since it's inception wich was worked with partnership with Stardock (makers of windowblinds) and soon after the release of windows XP the modded shellstyle & StyleXP. There are Thousands of skins for windows XP, & more stable alternatives for skinning.

Windowblinds even tops that and offers plugable widgets for it's skins, not commenting on the other wonderful software there is for changing the look of your desktop.

What about linux, they have had several shells, and the imbued option to boot with wichever shell you like. & you have them for windows too, like Litestep for example.

They are not pioneering anything, they are taking an idea that is going around for a very long time and aplying it for OSX.

I've read somethings from the developers of Shapeshifter, & Hope it wasn't them that said they were pioneering anything in the skinning community, not even for MAC.

& by the way windowblinds as already been used by release with companyes & even used on films. So takka a good look around before you say unfounded things."

soory for the title I was so nervous I pressed enter by mistake - if some mod would just correct it :blush:

Edited by pax13

Wow seems like many websites I respected in the past have turned from non objective into objective BS.

Give a journalist a Mac if you want people to lose respect for him for turning him into objective crap reporter.

The true pioneer of skinning is Stardock, they have been customizing interfaces since OS/2. And the oldest skinning company known to the public.

I bet the person who wrote that, uses a Mac.

I dont like Mac users. I think that a good chunk (not all) are ######.

Edited by area91

I was just so angry when I read it, it made me sick.

Worst of all since after reading a few hundred posts about the new william bart skin suite for OSX & Windows, OMEGA wich is going to be just HUGE & is winting the release of some new skinning technology from shapeshifter 1.5 (currently 1.2). sorry for this off part!

anyway, I was getting a liking from one of the shapeshifter developers alias the lead developer, & can?t believe someone linked to the skinning community could have said it! Since there is an increasing flow from every system you can skin, mainly Windows - OSX - Linux

Iup!

That's why they are semi-easily portable!!!

william bart has been trying to evolve shapeshifter so he can basically ad funcionality so his OMEGA scheme can be perfect without the dark themes legibility associated probs!

wich we also partially have on windows, if not for some lack of work or testing!?

Wow seems like many websites I respected in the past have turned from non objective into objective BS.

Give a journalist a Mac if you want people to lose respect for him for turning him into objective crap reporter.

um you mean subjective. subjective is the word.

Its a stupid old 2003 article, that's all.

I would hope that the author didn't write it for anything other than this particular OS X community, as his comment "(Apple) is skinning everyone's desktop according to Steve Jobs' taste." is rather shockingly open ended as a point.

Hell, until Apple can give its users a customisable boot screen, login screen and totally configurable desktop interface, its hardly going to match the Stardock apps...