PlusNet Users

this plusnet sounds interesting. Are their speeds good? No sign of them collapsing as a company?

I noticed they do PCI modems. Wouldnt this be better? The site makes it sound like they're hard to install. ??? i've had no trouble installing internal modems in the past, just slot them in, screw them in, and it's working....right?

How do you get your starter pack? Do they send it out once your line has been activated or whatever it is they do?

Also, final question, whats premium? Is that where there is no download limit per month, you can download as much as you like?? (and i don't mean like BTs "Anytime" where anytime doesn't actually mean ANY TIME and any amount)

Premium has no download cap. PlusNet has had a massive amount of new users join up because of the unlimmited downloads. This has attracted alot of full time downloaders. These people are affecting the network adversly, and subsequenty plusnet has placed all of them on one pipe to fight over the bandwidth.

I was going to go to plusnet but it doesnt look like they can quite support all the users and heavy downloaders.

Premium has no download cap. PlusNet has had a massive amount of new users join up because of the unlimmited downloads. This has attracted alot of full time downloaders. These people are affecting the network adversly, and subsequenty plusnet has placed all of them on one pipe to fight over the bandwidth.

I was going to go to plusnet but it doesnt look like they can quite support all the users and heavy downloaders.

584951608[/snapback]

The people who have been moved to a single pipe are 0.3% of their customer base. These people are downloading 140GB a month and over, one user even up to 500GB in a month. Personally I think that's taking it a bit too far, regardless of a so-called unlimited connection, there is no way in hell anyone can legitimately transfer 500GB a month.

I use PlusNet when I'm at my parents' house - they have 1mbit and when I was there I used to download around 80GB to 100GB a month no problems. From reading their own forums, it seems provided you download around 100GB a month it's fine.

For the record, my connection was quite solid, I always got the download speeds I should've got.

hmm, checking reviews, plusnet doesnt have as many complaints as Wanadoo, AOL, BT etc

how do you install "splitters/filters" ? Is it a case of just putting it in the phone connection box thing (i forget what its called)

hmm, checking reviews, plusnet doesnt have as many complaints as Wanadoo, AOL, BT etc

how do you install "splitters/filters" ? Is it a case of just putting it in the phone connection box thing (i forget what its called)

584951826[/snapback]

Yeah, you just plug the splitter into the phone socket. You then get two more sockets, one for the phone and one for the ADSL modem.

I highly recommend plusnet - and there network isnt really being affected - there network can cope with ease but its just becomming more expensive to keep up with demand so there moveing certain constantly large downloaders onto a shared pipe so there main customers dont get affected in any way which. Because there isnt that many of these people it isnt makein tht huge a difference

U can order a starter pack when u signup

Premium is unlimited no cap

Great service

Great susport

Always Very fast (usually ranked top 10 fastest providers)

recently one 2 awards - service and something else - i forget

anyway if u signup and ur feeling kind put "srae88" in the referal box

i was just about to sign up when i thought of 2 things i need clarifying...

1. when you choose your pack, i chose a PCI modem rather than USB. When would this get sent out? Once they've tested my line? And i would just fit this myself? the filters would come and the cables as well yes? No BT fitting guy needed?

2. this is where i stopped. there's 2 contract options. Monthly with about a ?70 one off payment, and yearly with a 60? payment for activation. Now, i chose the monthly one, incase the service turned out to be a bad experience for me. However, i noticed somewhere it mentioned a "12 month contract". Would i be able to cancel x amount of months into my first year if i chose the monthly billing? Or do i have to pass a year first?

Thanks.

there is 1 other thing i forgot to ask

going for the unlimited account. Because for the first x amount of months i will be downloading quite a bit, as it's new, etc. So, anyway, if i find i am only downloading, let's say, 6GB a month, i know it's possible to upgrade to a mor eexpensive service, but is it possible to DOWNgrade (that a word?) from unlimited, to a LITE product with (lets use the 6GB as an example) a 7GB limit?

Help appreciated, thanks.

Im in the UK, I use Zen as my ISP, I know other people who are with them and they are absolutley brilliant!

Forgot to add, ?24.99 for 512kbs and unlimited bandwidth.

ChocIST

i have applied for broadband on plusnet now. I made my payment earlier. Just waiting on my line being activated.

Though i can not find on their site, the page that shows my um, the progress of my signup. Where it has a few boxes and it tells you if you've been acitvated yet, and a few other checkpoints

Does anyone know how i get to view this?

hmm, not all too impressed with PlusNet so far. The up and running in 5 days doesn't seem too true. Of course, i didn't expect to be up and running in 5 days, though, i did expect some steps to have been made. Checking my ADSL Status page...

Signup is complete, and, i am still waiting to pass stage 2.

I have enough money to cover it all for sure, and my details are legit. So something is causing a holdup. I found it odd they asked for account number, rather than the really long number on your card. But, 3 days have now passed and i'm still stuck on the 2nd step waiting for them to move along. :(

Phone them up and ask them. They are 24 hours and they should be able to find out. Which package did you sign up for?

What account number did they ask for? Must be the bank account details which you must have a direct debit for. Check your details

i went in for the premium.

And they asked for my bank account number. The 8 numbers at the bottom of my card. Whereas most sites ask for the 16 numbers in the middle.

Do they have an e-mail contact? I wuld rather e-mail than call.

If i do have to call, how much does the phone call cost?

Im in the UK, I use Zen as my ISP, I know other people who are with them and they are absolutley brilliant!

Forgot to add, ?24.99 for 512kbs and unlimited bandwidth.

ChocIST

584962724[/snapback]

I'm with NTL in the Uk and for ?24.99 I get 750k broadband with unlimited bandwidth.

i went in for the premium.

And they asked for my bank account number. The 8 numbers at the bottom of my card. Whereas most sites ask for the 16 numbers in the middle.

Do they have an e-mail contact? I wuld rather e-mail than call.

If i do have to call, how much does the phone call cost?

584992743[/snapback]

Call us on 0845 1400200 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Local rate number

See http://www.plus.net/