AMS venus DS3 (USB 2.0 enclosure)

AMS Venus DS3

3.5 IDE hard drive device enclosure

/>_Specs

Material: Aluminum (outside), plastic (hdd tray)

IDE Interface: IDE compliant

Interface: USB 2.0

Power: AC Adapter support input 110-240V

Size: 20.5 x 12.5 x 5 cm

Platform: Support both PC and Mac

HDD limit: up to 300GB+ hard drives.

Special features: Built-in air duct (back and side), integrated 80 mm silent cooling fan

color LED indicator

/>_In the package

-3.5 aluminum enclosure

-LONG power cable (more than 3ft)

-USB cable (2.5ft)

-4 mounting screws

-Driver CD (for win98)

-Setup and user guide

--------------------------------------

pckg.jpg

I just got this baby delivered today! ordered from newegg.com along with an 80gb WD Caviar HDD. The whole thing came up to 100.97 (S&H included). Placed the order the night of Nov 27 and got Dec. 02.

It was VERY well protected. The HDD was tightly bobble rapped and foam peanuts every where!!

packed.jpg

What makes this enclosure stand WAY out from all the rest is the fact that it?s got an 80mm fan built in to the hdd tray. This fin is EXTREAMLY quiet. The enclosure is also drowned. I can?t hear the hdd even when accessing the device. So it?s cool and quiet.

fan.jpg

Another great feature of it is that the power SW (the thing that connects to the hdd) his adjustable. Meaning that it can be adjusted to each hdd type.

It?s more than easy to install the hdd. Just plug it in. 4 mount screws hold the hdd in place.

inside.jpg

The back of the enclosure has the USB 2.0 port, DC port, power switch and air vents (also has some on the sides). The bottom has 4 rubber feet to keep it from moving. No feet on the side, so it slides a bit if you have it in vertical position.

back.jpg

When I first connected the enclosure to my PC, nothing happed. Remember, I was using a brand new hdd ? meaning no partition. But the disk management under the storage section of the Computer Management program (found under administrative tools) took care of that. Once I opened it, a wizard popped up and formatted the drive.

---------------------------------------

format.png

Now, I?ve got a new HDD in the My Comp:Der folder :D (H:)

pc_folder.png

On the outside, it has an orange LED that indicates the power. When the device is in use, it flashes red. When the power is no enabled, you can?t really tell that it has a LED.

inuse.jpg

post-73934-1102044453_thumb.jpg

post-73934-1102044513_thumb.jpg