Laptop Over-Heating Fix

I hope this helps any of you who sadly know this problem.

- Yes i have gone thru the occasional blowing air thru all the Vents to remove dust particles.

Also Have had it standing on books, lifted up on the "hot" side etc

But the problem of it overheating and closing down still continued..

(really ****ed me off) - have even had to work with laptop right by open window - minus degrees outside.frusty.gif

A Solution

On my laptop there more vents to suck the air "in" than "out" -

infact there is only "One" vent which lets the air out.

so out of frustration i simply removed one of the "grids" in the "out" vent. (using a dremel)

And Voilabb.gif

Ever since i did this tiny "mod" - i haven't had a overheating problem since. :yes: simply cause the air is released easier. Infact the machine is running as it should always have done.

The pictures below show Photoshopped alternation of what i did.

zp1.jpg

zp2.jpg

However simple or banal this looks :laugh: it worked for me.

I'm sure you could remove more, even on the inlet grids etc, but i hope i don't have to go that far...ever.

;)

- Yes i have gone thru the occasional blowing air thru all the Vents to remove dust particles.

(really ****ed me off) - have even had to work with laptop right by open window - minus degrees outside.frusty.gif

A Solution

so out of frustration i simply removed one of the "grids" in the "out" vent. (using a dremel)

And Voilabb.gif

Ever since i did this tiny "mod" - i haven't had a overheating problem since. :yes: simply cause the air is released easier. Infact the machine is running as it should always have done.

zp1.jpg

zp2.jpg

However simple or banal this looks  :laugh:  it worked for me.

I'm sure you could remove more, even on the inlet grids etc, but i hope i don't have to go that far...ever.

;)

585372881[/snapback]

Also it could be because the laptop you have looks like a Emachines. Emachines have lots of over heating. they have lots of stuff that are wrong with them.

Its a Siemens AmiloD, garantuee has xpired.

but none the less

my roomate owns a DELL 82000 and it also overheated, until we did the same trick.

and yes my laptops a piece of **** inrelation to "durability" in long term.

it is pentium 4.

Does this count as a (mini) "Mod"? :laugh:

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. It started about 3 months ago. I have a Sony laptop PCG FRV 35. Can I do the same thing as you did in the back grid? mine is like this llllllllllllllll But I can cut them anyway with the dremel. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Glo

A Solution

And Voilabb.gif

zp1.jpg

zp2.jpg

However simple or banal this looks :laugh: it worked for me.

;)

I have a hp zt1000 and have had many overheati shutdowns. I bought a cooling pad for it, but still could overheat the laptop. I took it apart recently and cleaned the fan and heatsink with isopropyl alcohol, q-tips, and paper towels. It hasn't overheated since, and I haven't used the cooling pad either.

I did notice that my fan only has an exhaust vent, and no intake vent. I was thinking about drilling or dremeling an intake vent, but didn't know if I should mess with it, since it's working great now.

Should I definitely have an intake vent?