Sony Cybetshot DSC-T3 (pics inc.)

(If you're a mod, correct the title please!! (Cybetshot -> Cybershot) )

Hi, I bought this camera a month ago, and I thought I would share my experience with it.

This is my first review ever, so don't be cruel. :p

Sony Cybershot DSC-T3

Brief Spec

5.2 Mega Pixels CCD

Carl Zeiss "Vario-Tessar" Lens

3x Optical Zoom

2.5" LCD

MPEG - 30fs - up to 640 x 420

How and why I got this

Until last December, our family was using huge Sony digital camera with 1 mega pixel CCD, or our digital camcorder, which was also Sony.

Our family was at Hong Kong airport, going to New York, and I decided to convince my father that we needed at least some decent digital camera!

Well, I ended up falling with love with this slim and stylish one, and all our families liked it too. We bought it!!!

The reason I chose Sony one again was partly because I had too much memory sticks DUO for camcorder, and I couldn't just throw them away. :cry:

Form Factor

It's how it looks front and back, to give you overall image.

joseph0324-T301.JPG

joseph0324-T303.JPG

joseph0324-T302.JPG

Yes, it's very slim. period.

There's similar one from Casio that is as slim, but it has only 3 mega pixel CCD, whereas DSC T3 has 5 mega pixels.

It's one of examples showing that Sony is really good at stuffing things into small form.

Here's comparison picture with my iPod.

joseph0324-T306.JPG

My iPod is 3G 15gb, which is one of the thinnest iPod model, so DSC T3 would be as thin as iPod Photo.

However, the best part is its SCREEN.

I would be still surprised if 2.5" screen was featured in other bigger digicams, but this slim camera has this huge screen attached to it, and it makes photo viewing and navigating much easier.

Also, it's not reflective at all, so you can see them clearly when you're out in the bright spot.

Here's comparison pics with my iPod and iPaq h2210 (which has it rubber handle detached :angry: ).

joseph0324-T305.JPG

joseph0324-T304.JPG

What Comes with it?

First of all, I'm sorry I don't have picture of the box, because I threw it them away right after I bought them at the airport.

It has A/V cable and USB cable.

It has software CD that has "Image Mixer" or Mac and "Picture Package?" for Windows.

Of course it includes a cradle, which is very minimalistic, yet functional.

The camera has USB port built in, but you have to use this cradle to use A/V cable.

joseph0324-T308.JPG

joseph0324-T309.JPG

Unlike most of others, the back side with screen will face you if you put it in the dock.

I think it's just to emphasize its beauty of screen.

32mb Memory Stick Duo comes with it, but I bought 512 Memory Stick Pro Duo, and it was very pricey.:pinch:h:

joseph0324-T307.JPG

Notice how slim its battery is, yes, as you guessed, it stinks.

It has relatively short battery life, about 4~5 hours straight on.

Performance as a Camerab>

With 5 mega pixel, you can take picture resolution upto 2592 x 1944 pixels.

It's clear, crisp, and nice overall.

However, I noticed that most of the pictures were taken very dark.

Indoor performance was disappointing too.

Especially when you're indoor, it's very hard to capture moving object, because its shutter goes slow when it's darker.

Flash is strong enough, and it has AF illuminator, so it's easy to take picture at night. (outdoor)

Other drawback would be its lack of viewfinder, but I didn't really find it annoying as it has big and clear screen.

Follow the link below, you'll see pictures that I took.

I'm no professional photographer, so don't expect something nice.:p:p

Sample Picture 1

Sample Picture 2

Sample Picture 3

Sample Picture 4

Sample Picture 5

They've been resized to 1024 x 768.

It has decent 3x optical zoom, which is actually amazing for this slim camera.

Its video ability is amazing too.

It takes very good looking 640 x 480 mpeg video, and it still looked good when I burned them to DVD!

Summarizeb>I recommend this to:i>

style/trend ######

who don't want to bother looking at viewfinder

casual shootersIt's not recommended to:i>

professional

indoor-lover

money-saving guys

I'll try to update them as time goes by.

Please give your feedback, opinion or question about this camera or review.

Thank you.

edit/ I noticed sample pictures were gone, so I replaced them.

They will never be gone because it's on paid account.:p:p

Edited by joseph0324

Have they fixed the problem with poor picture quality from the T1?

585400951[/snapback]

I don't know what specific problem you're referring to, but it's alright overall.

I have some issues with dark lens, but it doesn't affect outdoor pictures too much.

I like the fruity picture! If you did some touch up on it, it'd make a cool wallpaper.

585401030[/snapback]

Thanks, that's my favorite frozen yoghurt in Korea.

Now that I'm in Hong Kong I miss them so much. :cry:

how do you find hong kong?

and thats a very nice camera. grads. but i think sony upgraded it to t33 already. similar specs, so i dotn know wht the diff is.

(If you're a mod, correct the title please!! (Cybetshot -> Cybershot) )

Hi, I bought this camera a month ago, and I thought I would share my experience with it.

This is my first review ever, so don't be cruel.  :p

Sony Cybershot DSC-T3

Brief Spec

5.2 Mega Pixels CCD

Carl Zeiss "Vario-Tessar" Lens

3x Optical Zoom

2.5" LCD

MPEG - 30fs - up to 640 x 420

How and why I got this

Until last December, our family was using huge Sony digital camera with 1 mega pixel CCD, or our digital camcorder, which was also Sony.

Our family was at Hong Kong airport, going to New York, and I decided to convince my father that we needed at least some decent digital camera!

Well, I ended up falling with love with this slim and stylish one, and all our families liked it too. We bought it!!!

The reason I chose Sony one again was partly because I had too much memory sticks DUO for camcorder, and I couldn't just throw them away.  :cry:

Form Factor

It's how it looks front and back, to give you overall image.

joseph0324-T301.JPG

joseph0324-T303.JPG

joseph0324-T302.JPG

Yes, it's very slim. period.

There's similar one from Casio that is as slim, but it has only 3 mega pixel CCD, whereas DSC T3 has 5 mega pixels.

It's one of examples showing that Sony is really good at stuffing things into small form.

Here's comparison picture with my iPod.

joseph0324-T306.JPG

My iPod is 3G 15gb, which is one of the thinnest iPod model, so DSC T3 would be as thin as iPod Photo.

However, the best part is its SCREEN.

I would be still surprised if 2.5" screen was featured in other bigger digicams, but this slim camera has this huge screen attached to it, and it makes photo viewing and navigating much easier.

Also, it's not reflective at all, so you can see them clearly when you're out in the bright spot.

Here's comparison pics with my iPod and iPaq h2210 (which has it rubber handle detached :angry: ).

joseph0324-T305.JPG

joseph0324-T304.JPG

What Comes with it?

First of all, I'm sorry I don't have picture of the box, because I threw it them away right after I bought them at the airport.

It has A/V cable and USB cable.

It has software CD that has "Image Mixer" or Mac and "Picture Package?" for Windows.

Of course it includes a cradle, which is very minimalistic, yet functional.

The camera has USB port built in, but you have to use this cradle to use A/V cable.

joseph0324-T308.JPG

joseph0324-T309.JPG

Unlike most of others, the back side with screen will face you if you put it in the dock.

I think it's just to emphasize its beauty of screen.

32mb Memory Stick Duo comes with it, but I bought 512 Memory Stick Pro Duo, and it was very pricey.&nbsp:pinch:h:

joseph0324-T307.JPG

Notice how slim its battery is, yes, as you guessed, it stinks.

It has relatively short battery life, about 4~5 hours straight onPerformance as a Camerab>

With 5 mega pixel, you can take picture resolution upto 2592 x 1944 pixels.

It's clear, crisp, and nice overall.

However, I noticed that most of the pictures were taken very dark.

Indoor performance was disappointing too.

Especially when you're indoor, it's very hard to capture moving object, because its shutter goes slow when it's darker.

Flash is strong enough, and it has AF illuminator, so it's easy to take picture at night. (outdoor)

Other drawback would be its lack of viewfinder, but I didn't really find it annoying as it has big and clear screen.

Follow the link below, you'll see pictures that I took.

I'm no professional photographer, so don't expect something nice.&nbsp:p:p

http://www.pixya.com/images/54c6ce02683288...e09f837cdb6.jpg

http://www.pixya.com/images/6e227d3d6be4c6...1b3d75e3769.jpg

http://www.pixya.com/images/642b5fe372839a...96e1c05ef6a.jpg

They've been resized to 1024 x 768

It has decent 3x optical zoom, which is actually amazing for this slim camera.

Its video ability is amazing too.

It takes very good looking 640 x 480 mpeg video, and it still looked good when I burned them to DVD!Summarizeb>I recommend this to:i>

style/trend ######

who don't want to bother looking at viewfinder

casual shootersIt's not recommended to:i>

professional

indoor-lover

money-saving guys

I'll try to update them as time goes by.

Please give your feedback, opinion or question about this camera or review.

Thank you.

585400750[/snapback]

Why, oh wh:(:( did you take and show me that picture of that foo:(:( Remember their are thous who have not eaten in a few days, who post on these fourms, who currently don't have jobs and have no food, your just making my mouth water, and my tummy hungry,

Nice review btw, once I start making some molah again, I might buy one (stylist frea:p:p)

how do you find hong kong?

and thats a very nice camera. grads. but i think sony upgraded it to t33 already. similar specs, so i dotn know wht the diff is.

585401274[/snapback]

Hong Kong .... it's like city from the future, really.

I've never seen a city more shining than New York, until now. (I moved to Hong Kong about 2 years ago actually) :p

Also, restaurants in Hong Kong are fabulous! (Y)

T33 is more of a sequel of T11, and T3 is a sequel of T1.

T33 is thicker, and fatter than T3. I don't find it too attractive.

I think T33 is supposed to have better screen than T3 though. (Same in size, but different in resolution)

thank you for this fine review of this great camera.

I am in the search of a new digital camera and have looked at this camera. I don't think I really need a 5 Megapixel camera, my bare minimum is 4 megapixel.

Hong Kong .... it's like city from the future, really.

I've never seen a city more shining than New York, until now. (I moved to Hong Kong about 2 years ago actually)  :p

Also, restaurants in Hong Kong are fabulous! (Y)

T33 is more of a sequel of T11, and T3 is a sequel of T1.

T33 is thicker, and fatter than T3. I don't find it too attractive.

I think T33 is supposed to have better screen than T3 though. (Same in size, but different in resolution)

585401356[/snapback]

Ahh... comunisume, and the Great Firewall of China!

Why, oh why :( did you take and show me that picture of that food :( Remember their are thous who have not eaten in a few days, who post on these fourms, who currently don't have jobs and have no food, your just making my mouth water, and my tummy hungry,

:p What I said is the truth hopefully friends lend me some money tmw for food, but what was said above is ment in a jokeful way :p either way I've gotten over/usedto the feeling of hungar after yesterday anyways :p

Nice review btw, once I start making some molah again, I might buy one (stylist freak :p)

585401296[/snapback]

why oh why did you quote that huge post

I dislike that digital camera as it has no optical view finder... have fun taking photos in a sunny environment :/

Ahh... comunisume, and the Great Firewall of China!

585401516[/snapback]

Well, Hong Kong is not really affected... YET.

Just look at them..

HK1.jpg

HK2.jpg

I didn't take those two pictures!!!

Is the pre-flash metering still triggered by applying pressure to the shutter button on the newer models like the DSC-T3?

585405778[/snapback]

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but you half-press shutter button to enable AF illuminator.

It has relatively short battery life, about 4~5 hours straight on

That aint too bad, not bad at all for a point and shoot, especially one with a large LCD screen. One con about the small size, the cam can't be attached to a standard tripod :(

Edited by Techo

That aint too bad, not bad at all for a point and shoot, especially one with a large LCD screen. One con about the small size, the cam can't be attached 

o a standard tripod :(

585408615[/snapback]

Oh, that's one of things that I forgot to mention.

You can use tripod with it, with its cradle that has a hole on the bottom. :cool:

There's a little accessary that comes with the camera, that holds T3 and cradle tightly when they're attached to tripod.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but you half-press shutter button to enable AF illuminator.

585408540[/snapback]

As it does on my DSC-P92, just heard from a few people that pre-flash metering could be toggled in the same fashion on newer models but I suppose it was just nonsense.

Red beam of ****in' death. :laugh:

Why, oh why :( did you take and show me that picture of that food :( Remember their are thous who have not eaten in a few days, who post on these fourms, who currently don't have jobs and have no food, your just making my mouth water, and my tummy hungry,

:p What I said is the truth hopefully friends lend me some money tmw for food, but what was said above is ment in a jokeful way :p either way I've gotten over/usedto the feeling of hungar after yesterday anyways :p

Nice review btw, once I start making some molah again, I might buy one (stylist freak :p)

585401296[/snapback]

why don't you get a job then instead of bsing around on your computer.