Nexus Messenger

forumtitle.jpg

Please support nexus :

If you live in the USA and have a credit card (no need to spend anything dont worry!!) please support nexus, and help it be ported to Mac OSX by contacting neowins 'pmh' .

[ CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW ]

Thank You :)

Details of current build (0.65) :

Current build is at alpha stage, standard window borders are used and client has only minimum features, this build is used as a demo of the basis for the client, bugs will most likely be found in plenty.

PLEASE NOTE : Use this build at your own risk, Dayle Rees and team nexus take no responsibility for any damages caused by this application, only use this application if you agree with this paragraph and wish to test.

Current Features :

Window backgrounds are themed with original concept.

User can send / receive messages between other nexus and msn users.

User can change status and or screenname.

User can sign in with any .NET passport account.

Full list of online contacts can be seen.

The Future :

The domain ''NEXUS-IM.COM" has been purchased and will be enabled shortly, work on the nexus website has begun thanks to Bammer and Waley.

I hope to add font styles and colors, borderless movable windows, IM window toolbars, contact list functions for both offline and online users, improved contact list design, and advanced settings to the next build of Nexus. Please keep checking this thread and the website for more information.

About :

Nexus messenger was build and coded by Dayle Rees, from concept art designed by Lucas Mendes Menge, inspired by the Wave 11 MSN Messenger concept images.

Team Nexus Is:

Dayle Rees - DayleRees - ( Coder )

Lucas Menge - Menge - ( Lead Designer. )

Ivo Marjanovic - Blax - Nexus Logo Designer.

Dan Armstrong? - Liquid - Assistand Logo designer, and spare graphics creator.

Cam Web - Bammer - Lead website coder.

Unknown - Waley - Lead flash artist.

Sam Granger - Domain and hosting.

KoL - Website designer.

dadan121 - Audio Designer.

GHL

BangBang023

Ruslan Dzanmahmudov from HQFW.ORG

Ixsys

DDM

Kranx

Siebe Tolsama

John (nimrod :) )

Kim - Minirostat

Patty and Nick from TSS2000.NL

Jromo

Unknown12

Also everyone else who gave great comments and has supported Nexus all the way, without you guys Nexus would be nothing. Thank You.

Download :

NOTE - Please scan downloads for viruses before running these applications.

LATEST VERSION - .NET BUILD :

[ Mirror 1 ] - Thanks to Cryptic_Night.

Previous VB6 Build - Non-Install Mirrors -

[ Mirror 1 ] - Thanks to TSS2000.NL

[ Mirror 2 ] - Thanks to Rabbai

[ Mirror 3 ] - Thanks to coldfusi0n ]

[ Mirror 4 ] - Thanks to Axious

[ Mirror 5 ] - Thanks to RusDzanmahmudov HQFW.org

[ Mirror 6 ] - Thanks to Kyro [http://Codemills.com/phpbb]

[ Mirror 7 ] - Thanks to Gelob

[ Mirror 8 ] - Thanks to Gelob Again!

[ Mirror 9 ] - Thanks to Liquid.

[ Mirror 10 ] - Thanks to Mondeo.

[ Mirror 11 ] - Thanks to HyperToad

[ Mirror 12 ] - Thanks to Trix

[ Mirror 13 ] - Thanks to Trix Again!

[ Mirror 14 ] - Thanks to Cryptic_Night.

[ Mirror 15 ] - Thanks to BlinX.

Previous VB6 Build Installer Mirrors -

[ Mirror 1 ] - Thanks to HyperToad

[ Mirror 2 ] - Thanks to Trix

[ Mirror 3 ] - Thanks to Trix Again!

Please do not post links in the thread, upload the file to where you want to host from, and send me a PM with the link, i will add to here and the main page.

Please note that VB ( Visual Basic 6 ) Runtimes will be needed.

Screenshot and Download :

post-83131-1109520977_thumb.jpg

Edited by DayleRees

I'm glad to see this wonderful application still being developed, despite recent problems. I can't wait until this is done, and will also provide hosting if you need it. :)

dadan121: Probably by a bit. He never stated WHEN the beta was to be released though. So by delay you mean "On their account it's going to come out later" only by a day or so probably.

Let's hope this stays alive at least.

It was an unfortunate event, but these things happen, thanks for the continued support, i cant give an exact date for the alpha release, as I am doing many other things also at the moment, like coursework for college etc.

Creating a new design might delay this a little bit, but hopefully not by too long :)

I really think it will not be the same without GHL...

thats why im saying im not gonna download this

585470144[/snapback]

:cry: I know it was such a nice design, I can't belive it just happened in a matter of minutes.... :pinch: Come on guys get together again!

:cry: I know it was such a nice design, I can't belive it just happened in a matter of minutes.... :pinch: Come on guys get together again!

585470185[/snapback]

that is what i think to...cmon....u arn't gonna let that stop u....Nothing is inpossible....u g2 get ur sense back....Cmon!

that is what i think to...cmon....u arn't gonna let that stop u....Nothing is inpossible....u g2 get ur sense back....Cmon!

585470210[/snapback]

:yes: Don't be childish, just forget eachother! Don't be stopped by a little fight everyone has fights and disagreements just forgive eachother! Come on! :laugh:

Edited by dadan121

I have a question can't you have ofline messages like Yahoo! messanger?

585470300[/snapback]

if by offline messages you mean leaving a message to an offline contact and then that message being delivered to that person when they next come online then no, because the protocol/server doesn't support it.. yet. However, it seems that this will be supported in the new version of msn messenger . So I would say you can expect this in the future.

if by offline messages you mean leaving a message to an offline contact and then that message being delivered to that person when they next come online then no, because the protocol/server doesn't support it.. yet. However, it seems that this will be supported in the new version of msn messenger . So I would say you can expect this in the future.

585470524[/snapback]

Oh ok.

I currently have a friend Menge working on a Wave 11 inspired concept, he is a really good designer and a long time friend of mine. I hope you will welcome him as a new designer, and show him the encouragement you showed both I and GHL.

Please dont fear, this project is not dead.

Also ive decided that the final will definately be skinable, ive made up my mind. So.. if by chance you dont like menges theme ( you will like menges theme hes great! :) ) anyone can create their own or download other peoples :).

For all of those who said they would not download this version because of GHL's absense, I respect your decision, and understand fully.

As for GHL, although we have differences, I wish him good luck on his future graphics, and still encourage those looking for a designer / 3D modeler to consult him.

D.R

I've got to say, that was a stupid fight :ninja:

I can help develop a skin if you like... ;)

585470559[/snapback]

What fight? when? where? why? :blink: :o :huh: :blush: