Change XP theme from CMD

no

585611749[/snapback]

did you get them 4 group stars with ur post cost for posting short answers like "no" ? lol

back to topic> no dude there probably is a way but im not sure sorry i cudnt help

Edited by smooth-criminal

did you get them 4 group stars with ur post cost for posting short answers like "no" ? lol

back to topic> no dude there probably is a way but im not sure sorry i cudnt help

585611852[/snapback]

Thanks

i will try to ReSearch for it.

You could use the CALL command to run a .reg file which changes the theme via the registry.

585613040[/snapback]

Yes but it wont change the theme untill restart or termenation of explorer and starting it again

BTW: I wasent trying to raise my post count :rolleyes:

Yes but it wont change the theme untill restart or termenation of explorer and starting it again

BTW: I wasent trying to raise my post count  :rolleyes:

585613057[/snapback]

well there is a way to kill explorer and restart it through the command prompt pretty easily too.

Based on the file handles for .theme and .msstyle files, I found this which might help you:

%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\desk.cpl desk,@Themes /Action:OpenTheme /file:"%1"

%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\desk.cpl desk,@Appearance /Action:OpenMSTheme /file:"%1"

(replace %1 with the file name)

Based on the file handles for .theme and .msstyle files, I found this which might help you:

%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\desk.cpl desk,@Themes /Action:OpenTheme /file:"%1"

%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\desk.cpl desk,@Appearance /Action:OpenMSTheme /file:"%1"

(replace %1 with the file name)

585613120[/snapback]

it open Display Properties Window and select the wanted theme but it wait my response "Press OK".

i need a one that change the theme without any prompt.

Can I just interject and ask why you cant just hit ok?

most likely because he wants to automate the process.

q: what kind of automated process would it be if you have to run and hit ok on every computer?

a: not a very good one.

If you're in a locked enviroment, live with it. Limiting themes is a Group Policy setting, good luck getting around it. And if you manage to get around it using the command line, expect them to lockout the command line next.

If you're on a public school machine you don't have administrative access to, and you just need to get rid of Luna any way possible, running "net stop themes" might help restore a little of your sanity... of course, fonts/sizes/colors is untouched.

Can I just interject and ask why you cant just hit ok?

585613400[/snapback]

Why do it at all, though?

585619387[/snapback]

If you're in a locked enviroment, live with it. Limiting themes is a Group Policy setting, good luck getting around it. And if you manage to get around it using the command line, expect them to lockout the command line next.

585624251[/snapback]

If you're on a public school machine you don't have administrative access to, and you just need to get rid of Luna any way possible, running "net stop themes" might help restore a little of your sanity... of course, fonts/sizes/colors is untouched.

585624357[/snapback]

Hehe. This guy's plot was foiled.

Let me guess, running another Theme on the school computers makes you an 1337 h4x0r.

Hahaha, ROFL.

585626115[/snapback]

I are not with locked enviroment or a school machine :)

but just i need to apply the theme Quickly after installing it without any prompt to the user.

I are not with locked enviroment or a school machine  :)

but just i need to apply the theme Quickly after installing it without any prompt to the user.

585627088[/snapback]

Well it certainly doesn't look like it is possible via CMD or batch or anything like that.

It may be possible through the Win32 API though. Whip up a program with whatever compiler you have.

Well it certainly doesn't look like it is possible via CMD or batch or anything like that.

It may be possible through the Win32 API though. Whip up a program with whatever compiler you have.

585627312[/snapback]

I will try to looking for it.