My day at the Golf Course

I took a trip to San Francisco over Spring Break and I got to see a bunch of great golf courses. I'll have to see if I can upload my Pebble Beach pics. :happy:

damn thats awesome. and wow, thats a lot of people just to watch em screw around :p

i was lucky enough to see the '96 US Open at Oakland Hills, and wow, it was an amazing experience.

just got back myself from the range, and i must say, i was hitting em pretty well today :)

It was the most beautiful course I have ever seen. The "rough" (if I can even call it rough) that we were allowed to tromp all over was cut almost as tight as most greens I play on. Everything was pristine and perfect.

The majority of the first action shots were from the end of 15 and the tee box of 16 (par 3). The shots of the guys near the edge of the lake are goof off shots. After the players tee off everyone starts yelling "skip it!" and the guys drop balls and hit low burner shots trying to skip the balls across the lake onto the green. Very cool. Some guy I didn't recognize killed a turtle though, so no so cool for the turtles.

The close up shots toward the end of the pics is from #6 (par 3). It was so cool being only 20 feet from these guys, especially Nicklaus and Watson which was the highlight of the day. Of all the guys I saw come through that hole (Furyk, Duval, Love, Beem, Sabatini, Padraig Harrington, and a few others who I didn't recognize - nobody put the shot closer to the hole that Nicklaus and Watson. Jack put it inside 10 feet and tom was just outside of that. You'd think these guys had played there before or something. ;)

Free tix and only a 2 hour drive so it was not much of an investment to go. I loved it.

Nice pictures, Armeck. I never thought a golf course would look so beautiful, mostly in part because I've never been in one. :pinch:

Tiger's on the prowl. (How oeverused is that line and yet I still hear it unrelentingly. lol)

Edited by bigbluepride35

yeah, it's gonna be a hell of a sunday.? tiger, phil, and vijay all right on? dimarco's heels.

585751335[/snapback]

No kidding. Man I wouldn't want to be DiMarco looking over my shoulder at that board lol.

P.S. What the heck happened to the fourth member of the Big Four? Where did Els disappear to? I haven't had a chance to watch much of the tournament so just wondering. Did he play that awfully?

/edit

Forget it. Just heard he has the flu. Bad break.

Wow DiMarco didn't take long to fold. Wish I could've SEEN it rather than just read about it on ESPN. Anyone else think the coverage has sucked? Nvm the rain, the networks (USA/CBS) didn't even PLAN to schedule early coverage. Today I think it starts at 2:30, which is the earliest out of any day. I've seen other lesser tournaments start coverage at 10 in the morning. Pretty pathetic for what is supposed to be one of, if not THE, most prestigious events of the year.

yeah, i agree. i think the whole thing should be covered. they barely covered like half of it. very disappointing.

but wow, tiger is on fire. can't wait til i actually get to see it...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy godddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

did you seeee that??????????!!!!!!!!!

tiger!!!!!

Wow what a chip shot from Tiger on 16!!! Ball hung there for an eternity before it fell. Lol. If he wins, thats the shot of the tourney. Had to take DiMarco's heart out. Interesting to see if DiMarco can keep it together. Great finish coming.

Yes I did, thus the post lol. SICK

one of the most amazing, pressure filled shots i've ever seen. he played that ball at least what? 30 feet away from where the whole is, and to just have it trickle back down the hill.

and then he puts his next tee shot right into the trees...damn.

Oh boy. It's coming down to 18 I guess. As it should. Unless Tiger has more magic up his sleeve, looks like 1 stroke lead at best going into it. . . Or worse.

Woods -13

DiMarco -12

Barn-burner baby.

If anyone's seeing this put your TV on CBS, NOW

Edited by bigbluepride35

A siren blaring. Are you friggin' serious? What was that?!?!

Anyway, both guys hit tough seconds on the 18th. Bad shots to end a great day.

OMG!!!!! DiMarco nearly holed that! OMG!! OMG!! What a shot!!!! What a finish!!!

This deserves to go to a playoff. Though I'm pulling for Tiger.

edit/

DiMarco hit nearly the same EXACT shot. Here we go again! lol

Edited by bigbluepride35

wow, what an 18th. i thought tiger would make his putt....didn't even get it close.

oh well, sudden death!

/oh yeah, that chip by dimarco, wow wow wow, i thought it was in. that woulda won it too!! i screamed so loud my gf thought someting was wrong :p

IT'S OVER!!!!!! What a great way to end it. Yeah Tiger. Guess the "slump" is officially over now.

I thought last year's finish was incredible. This topped that for me. Best final round I've ever witnessed personally.