[NCAA]Football teams get one more game

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2049401

"INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA will allow football teams to play 12 games per year, but it won't enter the postseason playoff fray.

The board of directors approved proposals on Thursday that would add a 12th game to Division I-A schedules -- starting in 2006 -- allow schools to count one victory over Division I-AA schools each year toward bowl eligibility, and loosen the requirements to qualify for Division I-A status.

"The season will not be elongated, it just means the bye week would be taken out," NCAA president Myles Brand said. "Nor will it lead to any additional midweek games.

"But I seriously suggest you take up the tournament situation with the BCS.""

Another interesting point of view: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylc=X3...=yhoo&type=lgns

so what do you guys think? greedy ******s who won't give us what we want?

I'm with you. This reeks of hypocracy if only for the fact that they went from 10 to 11, and now from 11 to 12. The BCS also included an additional BCS Bowl game a week after the regular 4. All I hear coming out of their mouths is $$$$$$$$$$.

It really can't be about the students because another game is another week of practice and another weekend of football away from class and studying. If they really want to make everyone happy the best solution would be something like this: a 10 game schedule with a playoff. Similar to basketball but 64 teams would take too long so 16 would probably be better. Everyone would play a minimum of 1 game (11) and to be the champ you'd have to play 4 games to win for a total of 14. Also, for the rankings teams should not be ranked in the pre-season. It's just ludicrous that because Auburn wasn't ranked as high as USC of OU it made it harder for them to move up to the top two spots.

They approved it, sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

I dont like that they take out the bye week to fit it in though. They can change that next year though.

They approved it, sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

I dont like that they take out the bye week to fit it in though. They can change that next year though.

585849000[/snapback]

you would rather have this over a playoff?

indian pimp, i agree 100%. if they just keep adding games, they are gonna end up with as many as it would take for a playoff system. 16 team playoff added onto a 10 game schedule. i would rather have the #17th ranked team complain than the #3. and it only adds 4 games.