XPM Classic RC3

XPM Classic RC3

XPMC.RC3.png

Click the preview!

Developed for developers. Try it, use it, grow to love it :?)

Goodies

- Winamp Classic (XPMC) By Jim-Phelps:

XPMC-prev.png

Download WA Skin

- Winamp on the way (thanks FrostedFlames)

- Trillian on the way

- Firefox on the way (thanks kgraphik)

- Styler Toolbar included (thanks kgraphik)

- Messenger:Mate included (thanks nemo)

- Fedora Core Icon set included (thanks Dazzla)

For the best experience...

* Tahoma 8 is *not* a good font to stare at all day while developing. Use either:

1. Trebuchet MS (Normal font) withClearType enabled> (as in screenshot).

or

2. Bit Stream Vera (Extra Large Font), as this is natively smooth (even on Win2k).

* Turn off start panel shadow (my computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Performance (Settings button) -> [uNTICK] 'Show shadows under menus'.

Now you can see the 1px gap between the start panel and taskbar. The shadows look naff anyway :?)

Details

XPMC b>anXPMC Induztryb> styles!

- Normal and Compact Start Panels

- Shellstyles, 3 font choices and a wallpaper

- Modifications will *not* be given release permission

- All contents are original

Drop the fonts in the zip into your Windows/Fonts folder.

Enjoy :?)

Copyright ? 2005 Ross Harvey

http://www.web9design.com/tp/

Edited by b0se

Damn, that looks good. :woot:

Ok, few comments/suggestions:

Button Mouseover: rather than having it turn grey, make it act like when you mouseover the selected taskbar button, i.e. a slightly different blue?

Inactive Titlebar: personally, it almost looks to me as if you forgot to do anything with it. Having the min/max/close buttons completely change style just seems odd.

Taskbar: had to know this was coming - any chance for a compact taskbar?

Things I Love:

Start Button/Menu: perfection.

Tabs: look awesome, display correctly in Firefox [y]

Min/Max/Close: love the overall design, personally feel they'd be ever so slightly better if they were perhaps 1 pixel larger, and slightly closer together, but other than that...

Can't wait to see the final product!

Edited by nazgul

I'm liking this one a lot. I'll probably wind up waiting on the color variations, but it's nice to know I have a posisble chance of finally being happy with a theme other than Codename Opus. My only suggestion, from my few minutes of toying around, would be to, perhaps, make the min/max/close widgets a little bit bigger. They seem too small to me :unsure:

Thanks for the comments. Damn quick! :?)

I've got used to the size of the caption buttons, they will most likely stay as-is. I will probably make the glyphs larger though.

Nazgul: I love the inactive captions, they will not be changing. I purposely make them blander, I really (really) hate inactive caption bars that catch your eye when you're looking for the active one.

i dunno man , how wide is that start menu? i was expecting something better, not much diff than most classic mods IMO. I also dont like caption buttons. :blink:

Edited by Fl@sh

the inactive toolbar icons are too light for my liking.

the spot where it says teh username is too light

the programs blend too much on the start menu

other than those i love this theme..back to classic mods for me until i find a style i love :pinch: