NeoAutostart

This is actually an idea (yet) that I may done (if I managed to have some free time)

I do not like to have autostart programs in registry, I move most of them into MenuStart\Programs\Autostart

but the main problem is that computer (especially poor ones) slows much when there are many programs, because the run just one after another

so the idea is to create program where you will be able to set links to programs and waiting time between autostarts of them

(for example then in autostart you put 1 link to the program that runs all other with a pause time between running)

He wasn's talking about delayed startup entry. He was talking about having only one program auto start with windows and that program launching user desired programs one at a time at the set time interval between each. Such an app would be nice.

it's more like trigger_my_passion said

if too many apps starts the same time then it's killing your PC ... why not start some of them few seconds later that others ?

You can do something like this with a batch file and wait.exe

start c:\windows\notepad.exe
wait 5000
start c:\windows\sol.exe
wait 1000
start c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -r

I will attach it here :)

When I get some time I may look at coding something up (Y)

this is actually intresting it can help with certain things such as du meter, winpatrol and the mini apps.. which can load up like 1 min after boot which imo isnt bad at all.