1. 1. Best Torrent Downloader

• BitComet
    • BitTornado
    • Utorrent
    • BitTorrent
    • Azerus
    • Other

Question

I used to use Bittornado for downloading torrents, this was until Suprnova got shut down,

then I got a new pc and haven't installed a new torrent downloader, I remember Bittornado and Bitcomet used to be both contested against each other,

But I dont know which one is really the fastest and safest :whistle: one to use for downloading torrents currently?

Could people point me in the right direction and tell me which one I should get?

(if u need pc stats, their in my sig)

(also bitcomet sorta confuses me, is it like a program on its own or is it like an add on onto bittorrent?)

Thank You In Advance(Y)

I've been using uTorrent since it hit the streets at 1.0, and it's awesome. I can only compare it to Azureus, which was fine as long as you didn't know there were better applications out there. I gave it a shot due to the hype of it being so small, but it was the amount of features packed into so small a package that ultimately led me to keeping it. It has its quirks, sure, but it's updated insanely frequently and getting steadily better. In short, it's way awesome.

Some people been saying that they get rubbish speeds on Utorrent sometimes and always high speeds on Bitcomet, I'd prefer high speeds as I got my 1mb connection being upgraded to 4mb this week

Does this mean that utorrent would not really go high speeds for me or something?

Some people been saying that they get rubbish speeds on Utorrent sometimes and always high speeds on Bitcomet, I'd prefer high speeds as I got my 1mb connection being upgraded to 4mb this week

Does this mean that utorrent would not really go high speeds for me or something?

speed depends on:

torrent>settings of the client>actual client

So switching to utorrent would be a good move just because of the file size and memory usage, not speed (usually).

It doesn't really mean anything. You might get high speeds, and you might not. It depends on a lot of factors, not just the client.

Key factors can be what port you use, how many seeds are available, how many peers are available... and how your isp works with bittorrent...

Bitcomet has that header encryption?... which might make it more difficult for some isp's to block it, or at least limit the upload speed.

For me... most ports have been severely restricted... which means whatever client i use, i'm still screwed...