AutoPatcher 2000 January 2006

post-51082-1137013399.gif

icon11.gif General Information

This release is based on the all-new AutoPatcher 5.1. Although it was made with Windows 2K SP4 English in mind, it will load on any (English) Windows version, showing only the items which match the running environment.

viewicon.gif What's included (English January 2006)

Windows 2K SP4 - Updated Components

Internet Explorer 6 SP1

DirectX 9.0c

.NET Framework 2.0

.NET Framework 1.1 (+SP1)

- KB886903: Security Update for .NET Framework 1.1 SP1

Windows Installer 3.1 v2

MDAC 2.8 SP1

Windows Script 5.6 (v5.6.0.8825)

Windows Media Player v9

Windows Journal Viewer 1.5 (only in Full)

Windows Messenger 5.1.0701 (only in Full)

MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 (only in Full)

Windows 2K SP4 - Critical Updates

KB891861: SP4 Rollup 1 v2

KB823353: Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1

KB828026: Update for Windows Media Player URL script command behavior

KB833989: Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 SP1

KB842773: Update for BITS 2.0 and WinHTTP 5.1 for Windows 2000

KB870669: Disable ADODB.Stream object from Internet Explorer

KB883935: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB887797: Cumulative Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1

KB890046: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB890830: Malicious Software Removal Tool v1.12

KB893756: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB896358: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB896422: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB896423: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB896424: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB897715: Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1

KB899587: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB899589: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB899591: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB900725: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB901017: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB901214: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB902400: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB904706: Security Update for DirectX 9 on Windows 2000

KB905414: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB905495: Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 SP1 for Windows 2000 SP4

KB905749: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB905915: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer

KB908519: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB908523: Security Update for Windows 2000

KB912919: Security Update for Windows 2000

Windows 2K SP4 - Recommended updates

Root Certificates Update

KB818043: L2TP/IPsec NAT-T update for Windows XP and Windows 2000

KB820888: Fix for Crash When Mounting NTFS Volumes

KB822831: Windows 2000 Patch - Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers

KB891122: Update for DRM-enabled Media Players

KB892313: Updates for Windows Media Player 9 & 10

KB894395: Update for Windows 2000

KB895181: Fix for MPEG4 videos in Windows Media Player 9 or 10

KB898458: Security Update for the Step-by-Step Interactive Training Application

Addons

DirectX Control Panel

TweakUI 1.33

ActiveSync 4.1 (only in Full)

ieSpellcheck (only in Full)

Google Toolbar 3.0.126.3 (only in Full)

Startup Control Panel 2.8 (only in Full)

Startup Monitor 1.02 (only in Full)

New XP Style Wallpapers (only in Full)

New Wallpapers (only in Full)

Delete Old 9x Wallpapers Otion (only in Full)

Macromedia Shockwave Player (only in Full)

Macromedia Flash Player 8 for Internet Explorer (only in Full)

Macromedia Flash Player 8 for Mozilla, Firefox, Opera and Netscape (only in Full)

Sun Java 1.5.0_06 (only in Full)

WinUptime Tool (only in Full)

Windows Movie Maker 1.2 (only in Full)

Tweaks

And of course around 47 registry tweaks which improve speed, appearance, functionality and security!

icon11.gif BitTorrent is a P2P system that makes transfering large files (or groups of files) amongst a large group of people easy, fast and efficient. The BitTorrent network is impressive mostly for the speed and reliability with which you get files that have been recently released. As long as a .torrent file has enough people sharing then you can be assured that it will start quickly and maintain a good download speed. Always remember to leave your BitTorrent client open to help distribute the files!

icon13.gif Read the FAQ before installing AutoPatcher: v1.1: download (26.13kb) (made by raptor)

icon13.gif With this version, you don’t need to decompress the amp files before using AutoPatcher. Just insert the amp module you want in the specific folder (\addons, etc) and AutoPatcher will take care of it.

icon13.gif IE6SP1 is a major update, if you dont have it installed prior to using autopatcher, make sure its selected for installation the first time you do, otherwise there can be serious consequences. Also note that some updates will only be available to install after IE6SP1 is installed, so youll need to run AP at least twice.

softicon.gif Download Links

You may download AutoPatcher 2K from any of the following mirrors:

Dec 2005 release available here

icon11.gif Sizes & Hashes

To help you verify your download isnt corrupt!

• English January 2006 Update File Size: 5.72 MB (6001634 bytes)
    English January 2006 Update MD5 Hash: 20C529ECD4C42517A1B58427DCF061BE
  • Portuguese January 2006 Update File Size: 2.38 MB (2504143 bytes)
    Portuguese January 2006 Update MD5 Hash: B7D1AEF2D2BD0464C2BC858DD3A0DC7E

(Y) Thanks To

• Raptor for making this all possible.
  • Gandolas for all the great work he's been doing.
  • I would also like to thank those who continue to help with hosting and distribution, along with: Frank (main download server), skyypunk, eXplosive, iverson0881, SteelTrepid, Storm, DigitalScar, M2Ys4U (ineedhosting.net), LittlBUGer, mlazovjp, iSix, calidude, cpugeniusmv, SilentKnight, Mace68, Nexose Networks, Draganta, Homer, SHUR, allskin, rpaz (Univ. Evora), Hogie, tkam, Hurmoth, Amnezja.org, Deaper, Gabbix Solutions, WinBoard, PlanetMirror and AusGamer.

:D Enjoy!

Blaze,

AutoPatcher Team Member

www.autopatcher.com

New Layout by

raptor

Edited by TheBlazingAngel

cheers. no, ive only just done them, and theres no real need for this one anyway, its only ~5MB.

Ah, 5Mb's is manageable. Do you do this on your own? (Apart from the translations)

well, raptor does all the coding of the program, gandolas usually does the eng xp release alongside the portugese releases, and i do the 2k and 2k3 eng releases and the translation packs.

Hi,

I have a Win2k SP4 box patched up with the december full update on a PII 400 (yeah I know it's old) with 512M Ram, Kerio 2.1.5, Antivir Classic 6.3x

"I accept the AutoPatcher End-User License Agreement"

click Next

Run-time error '453';

Can't find DLL entry point GetNativeSystemInfo in kernel32

I've previously had trouble installing the 1.1 update for .NET, it failed on the clean 2KSP4 install when I did this box a couple of months ago. Is this likely to be the cause of this error, and does anyone have a suggestion for how to fix it so AP will work?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Guys,

I am also getting the same error with AP2K January 2006:

Run-time error '453';

Any ideas what might be causing this message to appear?

Kind Regards

Simon

Hmm, bummer, same problem here.

Run-time error '453';

First problem Ive had with either the 2K or XP version and been

using AP since November 2004.

Im updated as of AP~2K~Dec~2005~Full...

Cleaned out the contents of the AP folder as always.

Ran AP~2K~Jan~2006~Update & extracted to AP folder.

Seems that its business as usual to this point.

Start the program from the shortcut, click the agreement

and without even a stutter-the error message box pops up

without an attempt at loading the modules.

I guess if all else fails, we can install the few updates directly

from the "exe" file but Im curious what the problem is.......

Hi Guys,

I am also getting the same error as 'mcramer','PCjunkie' and 'PsiMoon314' with AP2K January 2006:

I have a Win2k SP4 box patched up with the december lite update on a PIII 667 (yeah I too know it's old) with 512M Ram

"I accept the AutoPatcher End-User License Agreement"

click Next

Run-time error '453';

I am also attaching a screenshot of the error.

Kind Regards

naveen.

post-124250-1137312023.gif

im sorry, i havent got a clue what run-time error 453 means.

@PCjunkie, you shouldn't be cleaning out the autopatcher folder when installing an update release, you should be installing it on top of the previous months release. only do it for full/lite releases.

i'll have to do a little experimenting on my 2k sp4 test box later.

Hi,

From the MSKB the error means:

"453 Specified DLL function not found"

This would seem to mean that either the DLL was not found, (unlikely in the case of kernel32 as I doubt that Windows 2000 would boot if it was missing), or more likely that the function in that DLL was not found.

Either this means there are several versions of the DLL around with different function names (unlikely) or that that specific function is not supported in this version of Windows.

Was code from Windows XP reused or changed without testing it on Windows 2000?

Incidentally I did try installing a fresh copy of VB6 Runtimes and re-registering them manually to ensure they were installed correctly. This didn't help to resolve this issue.

A quick Google seach would seem to indicate that GetNativeSystemInfo is only supported on Windows XP or later. The function GetSystemInfo is supported from Windows 9x onwards and should work on Windows 2000.

Kind Regards

Simon

I just reinstalled the Dec full, made a copy of the Autopatcher.exe (2005/11/30), and installed the Jan update, Autopatcher.exe (2005/12/25)

The Jan update Autopatcher.exe fails, the december one seems to work fine.

So, if you want to run the Jan update, install the Dec full, rename the AP.exe, install Jan update and run the Dec AP.exe

Mark

If you want to run the Jan update, install the Dec full, rename the AP.exe, install Jan update and run the Dec AP.exe

Mark

Yeah, I noticed this a few week ago myself. I have a completely unofficial autopatcher setup, and when I tried to use the latest version of the autopatcher executable (5.1.0.36) I would get that exact error message on 2k, but it worked fine on my xp machines.

Ended up dropping back to 5.1.0.35 and both work again.

Excellent program, just what I've been looking for. However, I do have 1 problem, I have just successfully installed Auto Patcher 2000 Lite from http://downloads.littlbuger.info/index.php?cid=2. I un-installaed auto patcher and then tried to install the Jan 06 update from http://downloads.littlbuger.info/index.php?dlid=37 and received the following "AutoPatcher" error "Run-time error 453. Can't find DLL entry point GetNativeSystemInfo in kernel32" any ideas what is going on here :cry:

ANy help greatly appreciated.

okay, i havent tested this problem yet because lately ive been feeling pretty tired and ill, but it seems many people are running into this error with autopatcher.exe v5.1.0.36.

attached is v5.1.0.35 which you can use for now.

ill send an email to raptor to let him know of the problem.

ap_5.1.0.35.zip

Edited by TheBlazingAngel

lately ive been feeling pretty tired and ill

Dear angle, you're working too hard! - get some rest ;)

I wish you get well, and thanks once again for all the great work & support with AP.

@TheBlazingAngel,

Is it just me or do you have a bad .ZIP attached to your last post?

I have downloaded it a number of times and it doesn't open with anything correctly (7Zip, WinRAR) etc.

Is this a bad file?

Kind Regards

Simon

Hi.

I have never used before autopatcher, so could you tell me if I should use it, and how, and which version : full, or light, or update, because on my Win2000SP4 system I have already installed myself all the following, so, maybe this patch is not required for me, or maybe only partially :

I have already all this :

- SP4

- Internet Explorer 6 SP1

- DirectX 9.0c version december 2005

- .NET Framework 2.0

- Windows Installer 3.1 v2

- MDAC 2.8

- Windows Script 5.6

- Windows Media Player v9

- MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 (only in Full)

Windows 2K SP4 - Critical Updates

- KB891861: SP4 Rollup 1 v2

- KB890830: Malicious Software Removal Tool v1.12

- KB905915: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer

Windows 2K SP4 - Recommended updates

- Root Certificates Update

Addons

- TweakUI 1.33

- Startup Control Panel 2.8 (only in Full)

- Macromedia Shockwave Player (only in Full)

- Macromedia Flash Player 8 for Internet Explorer (only in Full)

- Macromedia Flash Player 8 for Mozilla, Firefox, Opera and Netscape (only in Full)

- Sun Java 1.5.0_06 (only in Full)

By the way where is the link to the autopatcher of january 2006 for WinXPSP2 ?

Thanks.

Frederic Laroche.

@PsiMoon314, it worked fine for me but heres another link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8IAMB2ZN

@mebestofcomputer,

1) to get the latest stuff download the dec05 full or lite release, then download the jan06 update release and install it on top of the other release.

2) as for whether you need it, it looks like you have installed all the larger updates, components, and common addons already, but you still may need to install many individual updates. if you plan to keep autopatcher so you can update after a reformat or to update a friends computer then get autopatcher, if you just want an uptodate system now, its probably not worth redownloading the setup files for things youve already got so inwhich case its probably best for you to just use windows update.

3) current xp sp2 thread [urhttps://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=419470]here[/url]

bestofcomputer,

1) to get the latest stuff download the dec05 full or lite release, then download the jan06 update release and install it on top of the other release.

Well, how can I save on a single CD 2 updates : dec05 full or even lite + jan06 update, morover if my CD already contains all the updates setup given in my list of my previous post ? maybe more than 1 CD ? I dont like that idea...

So, suppose, I would like to get only the jan06 release : now I come to your second point :

2) as for whether you need it, it looks like you have installed all the larger updates, components, and common addons already, but you still may need to install many individual updates.

Well, if I need only many different individual updates, and if I want the jan06 release only : are these individual updates (missing in my system) included in the only update release, or should I go for the lite, or maybe the full version ?

And if I get the update version : will it install in a system that has never used autopatcher before, even if most of the updates contained in the full version are already installed in my system ?

Would it be possible that autopatcher exist in one more version : an update independant version : a setup that can run independently wheter autopatcher has been previoulsy used or not in the system, but a setup that installs only the last missing individual updates, as per the condition that the user may have installed all the main latest upadtes and components and addons by himself, like I did ? Why not ?

Because, in that case, all will fit in my CD : all my own updates + autopatcher independent update !

That would be cool to build my own "Latest Upgrade CD", without downloading a full version of autopatcher !...

Thanks.

Frederic Laroche.