my new logo

Question

I just finish my new logo. I didn't think, I was going to make a new one but I started to design and I like it more then my old one. Would like to know what you think of it. I design the font too.

post-34211-1138450123.png

23 answers to this question

the logo looks nice, cept the tag line is missing the bottoms of the characters....

also a tag line of "design now and later" could be me but does it make sense?

You like chopping off the bottom of your letters, don't you!

I very much like the new logo you posted but I really recommend not chopping off the bottom of the characters. I know you think it adds design flair but I think there's enough of that in there and the logo is impressive enough without overdoing it. Nicely done.

You like chopping off the bottom of your letters, don't you!

I very much like the new logo you posted but I really recommend not chopping off the bottom of the characters. I know you think it adds design flair but I think there's enough of that in there and the logo is impressive enough without overdoing it. Nicely done.

I dont really think there is need for that tag line also if you remove the splashes of colour then it would be a class logo (Y)

the tagline was something added at the end of the design. I really didn't put any thought behind it. I'm going to remove it now.

post-34211-1138483022.png

it's a little hard to read with "life" and "after" crammed together like that. Consider a color change or offsetting the two a little bit. Also, I can't tell if it's "23," "2/3," or something else at the end. Makes no sense.

There is a story behind the use of 23 and lifafter, which is why I use it.

can i ask how you made the swervy lines below?

Im quite nifty with photoshop myself, but i wouldnt know how to go about makey swervy lines like that.

I have wanted to do them in some instances :(

can i ask how you made the swervy lines below?

Im quite nifty with photoshop myself, but i wouldnt know how to go about makey swervy lines like that.

I have wanted to do them in some instances :(

vectors. have a fiddle with the pen tool and opacity gradients.

i like the logo, quite nice without the tagline. the splashes are good IF they blend into the rest of the site, otherwise i think they would look out of place.

vectors. have a fiddle with the pen tool and opacity gradients.

i like the logo, quite nice without the tagline. the splashes are good IF they blend into the rest of the site, otherwise i think they would look out of place.

i did think this, but when ive tried it in the past, all i could manage with the pen tool is either a dead straight line, or a complete free hand which was a mess :whistle:

nothing inbetween, or anything near a perfect curve/swirl

i did think this, but when ive tried it in the past, all i could manage with the pen tool is either a dead straight line, or a complete free hand which was a mess :whistle:

nothing inbetween, or anything near a perfect curve/swirl

Let me try to walk you through it quickly.

Draw a straight line using the pen tool. Select the Add Point tool and click in the middle of your line. Now click again and drag up. Tada!

Edited by Ivo

I tried to make the line as instructed in the post but I dont get the option to create another anchor point and when I drag it just moves the entire line not just the anchor :cry:

I tried to make the line as instructed in the post but I dont get the option to create another anchor point and when I drag it just moves the entire line not just the anchor :cry:

Like I said, there is a tool called the Add Point tool which can be found in the same section as the regular pen tool (right click on the pen tool).