RKLauncher My Computer Docklet

Is there anyway to get My Computer working in RKLauncher? by that i mean that when you right clck the icon, it acts as though it were my computer bringing up the same context menu?

ObjectDock does it and i have tried copying the arguments but that only gets explorer.exe to open up the "my computer" interface, the right click menu however, remains the same.

Also, is there anyway to make RKLauncher stay "pinned" to the desktop even when you press windows+D? and without using "always on top"?

Edited by freeza

I did it by creating an item in there and in the dock item properties under Link, I put this:

::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

I may have misunderstood though, If you mean a popup menu appearing showing the contents of my computer then im not altogether sure this is possible in rklauncher without a 3rd party app.

Thanks Afx, that works when clicking on the item.

However, i want the context menu of "my computer" to show up when i right click. so that i can go to properties and view the system info OR choose from a number of customized items that i have in the my computer right click context menu.

BTW how do you add new items to the dock? i was under the impression that you had to drag whatever you wanted there.

I drag explorer.exe to the dock and in the arguments i put what you gave me

::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

that works fine when clicking on the item (explorer.exe) but right clicking it does not give me the my computer context menu.

i hope this makes sense

Does YzDock come with a my computer docklet already in the dock so that when you right click, you get the same menu you would get if you right clicked my computer anywhere else?

See what I mean?

post-757-1144184166_thumb.jpg

no, it doesn't. i don't think any dock will give you the context menu for the item on the dock. it'll give you the properties menu for that item.

I have the right click context menus - with Herby's text less icons.

why not use objectdock then?

on the dock?

Because he wants to use RK Launcher.

RK Launcher is faster and less resource intensive than the bloated Object Dock.

Plus, it's free.

Just drag your my computer icon...either in the start menu or on the desktop to the RK launcher bar, it should add it.

edit: nevermind I didnt carefully read your post, this will not give the right click context menu, just add a shortcut.

Because he wants to use RK Launcher.

RK Launcher is faster and less resource intensive than the bloated Object Dock.

Plus, it's free.

exactly

you can simply drag and drop it the dock or just add this lines in itemlist.conf (edit using notepad)

[RKDockItem]

type = shortcut

name = My Computer

link = ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

show = normal

and the context menu is working fine for me :)