[rel] Ecliz for WindowBlinds5

It has been quite a long time since my last skin...Time goes by so fast and I have to say life is like a box of chocolates. Hard disk failure, mainboard crashed and Blog space down, I got much bad news in the past weeks...

Finally, I get back to skin and now introduce you the skin I have planned at least 3 months.

I got the idea when I installed Win Vista 5270, and with transparent elements, I hope you can enjoy this skin!

Download @ WinCustomize

Click to enlarge the image:

thumb_5641.jpg

the windowborders and taskbar look all sleek and sexy, but then the buttons and stuff look all friendly "childish" (i couldnt think of a word that didnt seem so mean.. sorry)..

it's cool though.

Very nice theme. The buttons are a little too bright I think. And I never understood translucent menus, but I'll try this out if I ever boot into Windows again.

Love the startbar/menu seriously tasty, although i think the min/max buttons would of looked better without the scalloped bit ?

I agree..maybe you could release an alternative that is more like vista styled buttons but matching your style?

Love the startbar/menu seriously tasty, although i think the min/max buttons would of looked better without the scalloped bit ?

or maybe just a tad bigger and maybe with glow effects of some sort. I never understood why so many skinners cram the 3 min/max/close buttons so close together and then make them, so small. this one isn't as bad as some, but it makes it harder to hit the right button if you are in a hurry and running high resolution.

• 8 months later...

This skin is awesome! However, I do have two issues. First of all, I have a weird bug where the titles are misaligned with the title bars:

desknew2misalign.JPG

I tried seeing if there was anything I could edit in Skinstudio to correct the problem but I'm a bit new to the program and haven't seen anything.

The lesser issue is that I have quicklaunch in its own toolbar at the bottom of my screen (My Desktop). However, it is not transparent. It is white, and I would like it to be transparent, if possible. I didn't see any options for transparency/translucency (like for the taskbar). As an alternative solution I tried modifying the .bmp used for the background to match the color of my desktop. However, while the colors did match, I was left with a white border around my toolbar that I haven't found out how to get rid of.

Any help would be much appreciated--thanks!

This skin is awesome! However, I do have two issues. First of all, I have a weird bug where the titles are misaligned with the title bars:

desknew2misalign.JPG

I tried seeing if there was anything I could edit in Skinstudio to correct the problem but I'm a bit new to the program and haven't seen anything.

The lesser issue is that I have quicklaunch in its own toolbar at the bottom of my screen (My Desktop). However, it is not transparent. It is white, and I would like it to be transparent, if possible. I didn't see any options for transparency/translucency (like for the taskbar). As an alternative solution I tried modifying the .bmp used for the background to match the color of my desktop. However, while the colors did match, I was left with a white border around my toolbar that I haven't found out how to get rid of.

Any help would be much appreciated--thanks!

the way that its recommended to 'fix' is to change your font size to 20% up from default. that fixed it for me.. i wish there was a way to have it just 'work' w/o having to mess with font sizing.

I had that first problem with the skin too, I think I fixed it by altering one of the content margin values (top, bottom?) for the PerPixel Caption or PerPixel Text Background.

Sorry I'm a little vague, it was back in April.

I had that first problem with the skin too, I think I fixed it by altering one of the content margin values (top, bottom?) for the PerPixel Caption or PerPixel Text Background.

Sorry I'm a little vague, it was back in April.

Sweetness, it worked! I also did try the font manipulation, but all the sizes are negative... And after altering them WB froze when I tried to apply the skin. Thanks for your help though--still working on that white toolbar.

desknew2misalign.JPG

Same problem, that's why i stopped using it, but besides that its a really nice skin.