issue with ap april 2006 full

after installing ap april 2006 full on an xp sp2 system then on a reboot i notice that my themes no longer work and any new ones are not seen,the themes service is turned on and uxtheme patched,the only cure i had is to use the uxtheme patcher 5.0 as 4.0 failed to fix the problem and i know it happened after installing ap april 2006 full,also office 2003 was installed too.

after installing ap april 2006 full on an xp sp2 system then on a reboot i notice that my themes no longer work and any new ones are not seen,the themes service is turned on and uxtheme patched,the only cure i had is to use the uxtheme patcher 5.0 as 4.0 failed to fix the problem and i know it happened after installing ap april 2006 full,also office 2003 was installed too.

Okay, here is how i've fixed things up. I used uxtheme patcher 5:

0. Print this page, just in case. Read all text before doing anything, and don't rush it. One step at a time.

1. Run uxtheme patcher again, so it could return original uxtheme.dll file (you won't get classic uxtheme patcher screen, just messagebox asking you to put original uxtheme.dll back). Do that, then restart.

2. Log in again, and go to c:\windows\system32 and search for uxtheme.*

3. You will find uxtheme.dll and uxtheme.xyz (can't remember exact extension now, and it really doesn't matter)

4. move (rather than delete) that uxtheme.xyz (NOT uxtheme.dll !!!) to a temp folder of your own, just in case something doesn't work as it should. Again, be careful not to move uxtheme.dll (do not touch original file, that is)

5. Run uxtheme patcher 5 again, let it do its job again, as you previously did, restart computer when it asks you to.

6. After logging in for the second time, you should have your themes in list again. Enjoy!

KB319740 patches uxtheme.dll to v6.0.2900.2523

i advise you look for a patched copy of the new dll, i couldnt find a copy of the neowin patcher v5, so i couldnt test that.

i meet this problem too,

and this uxtheme patcher 5 doesn't work for my xp service pack 2, when i run it i got this message

patched.jpg

i remember, last time i used replacer to do this

should i use back replacer ?