E3 2006 Resource Center

With E? rapidly approaching it's well known that this will be a exciting year where Wii, PS3, 360, and the PC will all be making announcements about where they are headed and their visions for the future of gaming. I wanted to put together a list of sites that will be offering E? 2006 coverage for all those who aren't lucky enough to be going so that it will be an easy place to locate resources to see what's new and exciting in the gaming world.Conference Program: May 9th-11th

Expo: May 10th-12th b>

G4TechTV4TechTV will be holding E? coverage on their station. Article, G4TechTV Part 1, G4TechTV PaBest Damn Sports Show Periodw Period on your local Fox Sports Net on May 10. [/b]e

(We are going to publish our schedule of content for EG and EG TV closer to the time. But in terms of the three platform conferences, we'll have live text updates using our brand new sexy livetext system, followed by the full conference available on EG TV soon after the conference ends. -Eurogamer.net mod: rauper found .)

Forums:

Neowin.net of course, but if you can't get your discussion fill here then,

[/b]ruIf you wish to add blogs, podcasts, or websites post them and I'll update the list. the list. (I think it's best to keep the forums to the high scale forums and not smaller forums for the reason of not distracting too much from neowin). This is a group effort to make everyone's E? experience the best itEnjoy another year of E? coverage! -/colorc-->

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E3:IGN's offical list of games at E?:games at E?: E3 Events countdown:[/b]nts countdown:HERE (created by neowin member For those wondering what it takes, and what's involved in going to an E3 event your answer maybe answered here: Getting to E? 2006 E? 2006

(If you're interested or planning to go to next year's event, Start Planning Now. Read the article for info on age restrictions, alonFor those wanting to read about the history of E? you can go:f E? you can go: HERE and HERE

Places that offer live converage: here.

Microsoft:<Veriso Free X-Box Live Gold Week Box Live Gold Week (May 8th - May 14th)ay 8th - May 14th)

(In addition to Verizon sponsoring the free week of Xbox Live Gold access, and sponsoring the Xbox.com E3 coverage for the week, they'la million away a million Microsoft points. For more information, check out RicherDeeperBroader.com/xbox.)

Edited by vlsi0n

Sony Conference: Monday May 8th, 4:00PM PDT

Nintendo Conference: Tuesday May 9th, 9:30AM PDT

Microsoft Conference: Tuesday May 9th, 12:00PM PDT

Sony has there conference a day before the other two, so they get a chnace to thrill gamers a whole day before MS or Nintendo :). I can't wait to see what each has to say. :D

I used to have a PS2 before I got my comp and it took over, so I am biased about the PS3, but I still think it will destroy the XBox and Revolution (I'm sorry, I refuse to call that thing Wii) combined together. Too bad you'll have to mortgage your house, sell your soul to Sony and endure a ritual hazing and full credit check to be able to afford it! LOL ;)

Added:

Link to Events countdown for E? 2006,

Link to IGN's offical list of games at E? 2006,

Link to The 1Up Show E? coverage,

Link to Screw Attack E? coverage.

Television Info for Best Damn Sports Show Period.

Edited by vlsi0n

With 4 days, 19 hours, 35 min, and 07 seconds till Sony's pre-E3 Conference I'm begining to wonder how things will turn out if they announce too high of a price tag, or a lower than expected one.

I think Nintendo will do the best for me.

I mean they're showing Zelda right? And the Revolution? Maybe give us a list of confirmed virtual console games?

I think Nintendo will do the best for me.

I mean they're showing Zelda right? And the Revolution? Maybe give us a list of confirmed virtual console games?

For those that saw it before my most recent update may have noticed the bottom (with all the links there) getting messy so I re-did that part and put the links in groups by system or just E3.

Aftter looking around a little I found that Wikipedia has a list of 'likely' titles to be available for Virtual Consol for Wii. (I'll keep looking though mAcOdIn). Look in original post (under General Interest Links: Nintendo) for the link! :)

Also Nintendo now has their own E3 page on their site, so that link has now been added!

Edited by vlsi0n

Any chance any of the press conferences will be shown live anywhere (web or TV)? Now that I look at the times, I'll only be able to catch Sony's live, but even that would be good. I guess I'm just hyped about this year's E3 more than previous ones. I think all of the big 3 will make a big splash this year.

I want confirmed dangit! A couple of other companies also pledged support for virtual console so I'm more or less thinking primarilly of them, I think we all have a good idea of what Nintendo themselves will put on there, it's the unknowns I'm anxiouse about.

Now that I think about it though, some MGS4, Guitar Hero 2, and Resident Evil 5 action wouldn't be dissapointing either.

Any chance any of the press conferences will be shown live anywhere (web or TV)? Now that I look at the times, I'll only be able to catch Sony's live, but even that would be good. I guess I'm just hyped about this year's E3 more than previous ones. I think all of the big 3 will make a big splash this year.

"The Nintendo Press conference started about 45 minutes late. I am watching the live coverage on IGN." - Source. From this it looks like last year IGN had streamed Nintendo's press conference live. I'm not sure if that is for only the subscribers there, or was for everyone.

"How can I watch a Live feed of the Nintendo press conference for free without joining any of the gamespot or ign premium stuff?" - user comment on article. (last year) I again, am assuming that Gamespot and IGN had live coverage of the press conferences. Anyone that can shed more light on this please do so!

Side Note: Added link to Further Interest Links: Nintendo. There will be the "best of" for download on Virtual Console. No titles are said in the link, sorry.

Edited by vlsi0n

GamespotE3Announce.JPG

Looks like they will have 25 hours of live coverage if you're a subscriber.

X-BoxLiveAnnounce.JPG

^ Just got this e-mail from them.

Edited by vlsi0n

I think that each system will do well, 360 is already established so I'm thinking that some people will 'feel' like it's not as big of a deal as Wii's first showing or what ever the ps3 is going to have.

The Nintendo Wii will definitely be touted as the most 'sucessful' or the console that 'steals the show' since it's been so secretive thus far and pretty much is the only console really delivering something new for this next-generation. Definitely looking forward to what they have to show.

Edited by magik