What bugs you, what irks you about Neorequest

It's come to my attention that there are people who are bypassing the system and using the thread method instead. Why? Is it publicity that we need? Is it a feature of the system that isn't working or is missing?

Please help us make this system better for you and the community.

really? Do you have popups blocked? An error message might have been trying to get displayed for you.

Maybe that is something I could fix, I should remove popups...I could see where that would cause someone to think it isnt working...

Yes i got the popup and then lots of error text, ill try and get a copy of it when im on that PC later with a cached version or something. the one i was looking at seems to have been completed so i dont want to spam :p

EDIT:

Here:

error1my.th.jpg

Browser: Maxthon

Edited by Fanatical

Well first off, its a popup because its showing the top IE popup toolbar, plus it is asking you if you want to "Enable" the popups, so presumably they are blocked for "http://neorequest.tekngn.net" so it is causing the error? But then again, I don't go into ASP.net that much, so I presume it might be something more in the direction of that. :)

Edit: Has NeoRequest moved Hosts today? Just seems a tad faster plus it had to re-load everything into the Cache again because of a different DNS address location. Just wondering..?

It is still in the process of domain transferring. I didn't know it took this long...gesh....

My main problem with it is the fact that a request is either assigned to an artist, or unassigned. If I were an artist, I would not be interested in contributing when it looks as if a request is assigned to somebody already. I would prefer to see perhaps a section listing those artists who want to contribute something.

In addition to this, I don't like the fact that it's all based on age of posting. I prefer using the forums because if my request is popular - it stays towards the top and gets more visibility. On NeoRequest, regardless of how many people are interested in submitting graphics, it gets further and further down the list - meaning artists have to rummage around to find it.

Another feature that would be nice would be for ANYBODY to be able to rate a graphic, rather than just the requester (they should also be able to post comments along with the rating). This then benefits the artists because they get more crtitique on their work, and benefits the requester because he/she can publicly gauge which is most popular.

Just my suggestions, hope they're helpful

Update: Chorpeac has added the ability to view muiltiple requests now. Just click "View this Request" and then you can open different ones in Muiltiple tabs etc in Firefox or different Windows in IE6 or below. :)

@Kinextix63: Very nice ideas, I like the 2nd idea I don't know how this could be done and I think in someway's this could become slightly "unfair" as I could see all the Payment offering requests dominating the list therefore everyone thinking they have to pay to Request and the less minor ones would never be done as they would go to the back very quickly.

I definately do like the Rating thing, I think there was talk from Chorpeac about enabling Guests to see more of NeoRequest and maybe this could be implemented when doing that. I do think though that it should only be Rating the work, and preferably no comments as it could cause problems with loose speech and Spam etc. For example, Neowin don't allow Guests to enter any comments anywhere (not even on the News) mainly because of Spam and rule breaking and no tracking. :)

Thanks though, very good suggestions. (Y)

JMann

Okay, well how about allowing guests to rate, but those who have signed in are allowed to rate AND post comments? I've recently posted a "request" thread over here, and I know for sure that would be a great help if I were to rely on NeoRequest only.

Maybe a little more publicity of the request system and maybe something that updates with the most recent activity like on the board. More of a Neowin than a neorequest thing though.

post-35372-1148653218_thumb.jpg

Excuse the really crude paint effort, hopefully you get the jist. Might make the system is a little more obvious that it was there.

Furby, I have made something fairly simular to a mockup like that in Photoshop too, but still no response from an Administrator here. Bleh. Looks good though, nice ideas too, getting the latest requests etc. ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Furby, I have made something fairly simular to a mockup like that in Photoshop too, but still no response from an Administrator here. Bleh. Looks good though, nice ideas too, getting the latest requests etc. ;)

I don't think I ever saw it :)

I don't think I ever saw it :)

Back from the Dead isn't it? Would it even be worth posting a preview anymore? Considering iv'e heard that Neowin aren't really up for keeping with NeoRequest because of the ASP.net/PHP issue's?

Wow. I hadn't seen Neo-Request since it was all black! I didn't know until now there was a change, I like the new look. The old interface seemed a bit over-complicated, especially when compared to how easy it is just to get to a thread of your request on the regular Neowin forum.

But the new (to me) layout looks much easier to navigate! I think the great work will garner a lot of new interest, it has for me! :woot:

Maybe I'll take a crack at some sig requests...