Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

So currently, I'm sitting in the BYOC of Quakecon 06. I earlier got to try out ET:QW, and I must say it's pretty impressive. I'm going to snap some pictures tomorrow and upload them. I'll be using this thread to post them, to anyone that is intersted. I hope someone will enjoy my pictures :D

Well right now the vendors are shut down. So the pictures would be of the strogg flag and stuff and blank monitors. I'll get pictures tomorrow :)

Well right now the vendors are shut down. So the pictures would be of the strogg flag and stuff and blank monitors. I'll get pictures tomorrow :)

First let me say DAMN. Lucky You. ;)

Definitely Sweet. I am really looking forward to seeing the pictures, and if you can, definitely elaborate more on the gameplay itself.

Things such as how much does it incorporate from RTCW: Enemy Territory.

How different/same is it compared to BF2?

What type of rig are you on and how is it running?

Things like that...

I am highly anticipating this title, so share anything you can. (Y)

Enjoy your time there. :yes:

I live in dallas so yes I suppose I am really lucky :). I have no clue on the rigs, I'll ask tomorrow. It ran smooth as butter on the LCDs we played but there were larger LCD TVs that seemed to have some frame stutters. It looks freaking amazing. It's MUCH better looking then BF2. It still seems to be objective based unlike BF2 but more like the original ET. From what I remember, it's a lot like the original ET, except updated to the strogg invasion. Some of the objectives are like hacking a terminal or breaching the sewers. That's as much as I know now. It's hard to figure it out with the sound as it is, but it is amazing.

Oompa!! i love anything to do with Quake! or just QuakeCon in general!!

Love it and always wanted to go. Some insane pc mods there (From the pictures etc)

Long live Id Software!!!!

This game looks amazing :devil: :D can't wait to try it out.

wow..

I can't wait for this game :) Was a huge fan of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Too bad they pushed the release date to 2007, but hopefully we'll get a better game this way :p

PS. I need pics and videos! :rofl:

That video is classic lol "I'm gonna try to do this...with god mode" :D

Game looks alot more impressive that what I've seen previously. It doesn't just look like a BF2 knock off for one, and graphically it looks pretty nice now. So far so good, let's see if they can put out a complete game.

Ok I snapped a couple just walking by before they started up any games.

206511199_0fb1bfa1be.jpg

[Click to enlarge]

As you walk into Quakecon you are greeted with 2 large LCD TVs playing the ET:QW Trailer on loop.

206511202_0b861a3fb3.jpg

[Click to enlarge]

At the ET:QW Booth there are 2 sides. This is the Strogg side. The top LCDs are controled by PCs in the back, most likely with people playing that know what to do, and therefore show off the game in all it's beauty.

206511197_8a7d44722e.jpg

[Click to enlarge]

An overview of the ET:QW booth. Don't complain about my crappy picture taking skills :)

Nice Oompa. Thanks for the additional info.

Also the video is amazing, I am watching it now.

I love some of the original names they came up with for the tech. "Mega textures," "Stuff Engine." Classic stuff. (Y)

Still curious to see what kind of Rigs they are running it on, because it appears to be running smooth as can be, and I am now wondering when and how much I have to upgrade. :cry:

I am so much looking forward to this game now than I already was. Looks just absolutely amazing in all regards. :punk:

ohh wow, i have completely forgot about qc this year! thanks for reminding me poeple :D i cant wait to watch that vid...downloading it way too slowly.

i'm guessing this won't be free like wolfenstein:et? sorry, this is the first time i've heard about quake wars.

No, it won't be free. It will be a full game this time.

I was doing some more research on the game, and I stumbled across 4 off screen videos of gameplay action on IGN that were posted today.

Clicky Here

hey, thanks!

total noobs playing there :D

No problem. (Y)

And :rofl: That is exactly what I thought too, whoever this is playing it is not good at all.

For whatever reason, I really thought it was hilarious that every-time the guy uses the Rocket Launcher he insists on right clicking and zooming to get it locked? Just shoot the dam rocket already without the lock!! Have some guts! :laugh: