iTunes 7 sound is weird

Question

Hi,

I installed the new iTunes 7 tonight. Looks pretty, however I now have a major problem with the audio.

It only sounds reasonable (not as good as it should be) when the volume control in iTunes is way up. Sliding the controller to the left, just a little, makes the audio sound very 'over modulated'.

I tried reinstalling version 6, and the problem does not occur there. In version 6 I also got the Voluem Logic plug-in, but it doesn't seem to work with version 7 anymore. So I uninstalled it.

I'd love to keep iTunes 7 on my system, but not with this audio problem. Is anyone else experiencing it, and is there a solution for it?

Thanks in advance!

I've got this too. Whenever I do something else on another app the sound in iTunes goes all choppy and stuttery until I stop. Even opening a new web page does this :huh:

Same here... if I move the mouse pointer over the dock, open a web page, etc. the playback goes haywire and gets all choppy, etc. Also, video playback is awful... all my video podcasts are playing back real choppy. :(

Same here... if I move the mouse pointer over the dock, open a web page, etc. the playback goes haywire and gets all choppy, etc. Also, video playback is awful... all my video podcasts are playing back real choppy. :(

On OS X?

That is weird. I'm using IBM Centrino Thinkpad. I have ituned 7, outlook 2007, windows live messenger, and Kaspersky Internet Security running simultaneously. I tried opening programs and stuffs and experienced no such problem. Everything is playing fine. I'm surprised that so many people are experiencing this.

Here's your answer... Get Foobar2000. :p

Thats not a very good answer, I would have said Winamp 5 at least.

I'll download iTunes 7 tonight and have a go myself. (Did this just come out today?)

Go into the Quicktime preferences and change either your rate or size like change your rate to 44.1 and the size to 16-bit.

I did this last night when things were ****ing me off, thats the instructions you should follow, if you do have those settings already, try changing to a different setting to see what works best.

My sound skips/speeds up when I'm watching a video in WMP, but my main gripe is music in iTunes7 won't play in 5.1 on my system?

In particular music won't play through my rear speakers, only my front.

iTunes6 was fine, and even now if I play a song with WMP its also fine.

What the?

I've got the same problems as everyone else it seems. I've changed all the settings as recommended in QT, disabled any sound processing in iTunes, even tried disabling CMSS under the settings on my Audigy2 but the sound is still all over the place.

For what it's worth I'm also using a 5.1 setup and QT is set to output to 5.1 channels.