Firefox 2.00 RC1 extensions Solution

1. save the .xpi file on your desktop

2. enter it with winrar (the xpi file is basically a compressed folder)

3. extract from there the file install.rdf

4. edit it with notepad

5. change the Max value 1.6 to 2.00

<!-- Firefox -->
		<em:targetApplication>
			<Description>
				<em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id>
				<em:minVersion>0.7</em:minVersion>
				<em:maxVersion>1.6</em:maxVersion
			</Description>

6. save and add the install.rdf back to the xpi archive

7. drag the xpi file to your firefox

8. Enjoy!

Worked with 7 out of 7 extensions I've tried!

screenshot026nv9.th.png

Edited by Namooth

Or you can just change app.extensions.version in about:config and let all themes and extensions install without editing nor with installing an extension such as NTT.

Apparently that is not in Firefox v2

See the screenie:

post-32407-1159386170_thumb.jpg

Thank you captain obvious.

This has worked since day one.

Nightly Tester Tools is still the best option.

if you want to get technical, in day one there was only one version of Firefox..

you can go to about:config and create a new boolean key called extensions.checkCompatibility and set it to false but in the add on menu it will give you an ugly red message in every extension that says "not compatible with Firefox 2"

screenshot027vn1.png

Edited by Namooth

• 2 weeks later...

you can go to about:config and create a new boolean key called extensions.checkCompatibility and set it to false but in the add on menu it will give you an ugly red message in every extension that says "not compatible with Firefox 2"

screenshot027vn1.png

This is my preferred method. I like the visual that shows which extensions have not been updated by the developer. That way if there is an issue you can disable them first. No extra extension to install. No hacking the extensions to make it work. It's simple and gets the job done, but is easy to undo later should the need arise.

• 3 weeks later...

keep in mind that changing the Max number simply lets the extension install. it doesnt do anything to actually make it compatible.

if the extension relies on 1.x or 1.5.x specific features and functions, it may fail to work on 2.x or 3.x.

Or you can use MR Tech Local Install. Much easier. Plus it does the job of over 40 extensions in one.
I've seen this extension mentioned on several boards, but I'm a bit confused as to what it actually does. Is it like Nightly Tester Tools, or completely different?