Gears of War Cut-Scene

Gears of War Cut-Scene

You saw the E3 demo of Gears of War dozens of time. You remember how it started and how it ended. A dishonored soldier is taken out of prison to join the few soldiers that are fighting this deadly race that came up out of the ground. The E3 demo ended with Marcus Fenix, Dominic Santiago and other COG soldier escaping in the King Raven chopper?

What happens after that? Well, you?re lucky today as we bring you a two minute cut scene that serves as an intro to the second level of Gears of War, and is the direct continuation of the first level of the game demoed at E3 2006.

Click here to watch the movie

souricon.gif News source: TeamXbox

Looks good, but aren't all cutscenes supposed to look good? I mean, that's pretty much the sole point of them.

Well there's in-game cutscenes and pre-rendered promo stuff. I've yet to see this video (still downloading) but I've yet to see any game do really good cutscenes...maybe this could be the one!

Gears of War should be a pc game... its not intended to be a console game...

Just see the vids and how bad they aim and move around... its made for a mouse and a keyboard...

They make the AI bad and the bullets do lower damage, just because the console players dont aim that fast...

Just see the vids and how bad they aim and move around... its made for a mouse and a keyboard...

They make the AI bad and the bullets do lower damage, just because the console players dont aim that fast...

total BS imo, halo and many other shooters work excellent on console and i think that gears of war is excellent for xbox as well because the 3rd person action is perfect for arcade shooting, which doesn't really need the high precision that you get with a mouse.

Sorry you know this how? Got a link of a quote from a dev?

Thought not. :no:

Both of these are false. The AI are intelligent for a first person shooter (in fact, some of the most intelligent AI around; they can pull off realistic team work and surround the player) and the bullets don't do low damage. The locusts are just hard to take down. That was addressed in an interview. They didn't want it to be like Call of Duty where you can one-shot-kill a guy.

Both of these are false. The AI are intelligent for a first person shooter (in fact, some of the most intelligent AI around; they can pull off realistic team work and surround the player) and the bullets don't do low damage. The locusts are just hard to take down. That was addressed in an interview. They didn't want it to be like Call of Duty where you can one-shot-kill a guy.

Well, keep in mind, that one-shot-kill in CoD was not made to make it easier, it's like that because it's a realistiic WWII shooter. If you shoot a guy in real life in his heart/head or something, he dies. That's that. This is freaking locusts, freaking aliens that probably would absorb more bullets than a human would. :p

Well, keep in mind, that one-shot-kill in CoD was not made to make it easier, it's like that because it's a realistiic WWII shooter. If you shoot a guy in real life in his heart/head or something, he dies. That's that. This is freaking locusts, freaking aliens that probably would absorb more bullets than a human would. :p

Well I realize that, but this game was more for the unrealistic aspects. Epic has pretty much always been about that...hence the Unreal series (even Jazz Jackrabbit had some hard-to-beat enemies). :laugh:

Ignore him...he's just talking out of his butt.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought the same way you did before I got my 360. Now having played it for a year I can tell you that it may not be as fast or as reliable as a mouse and keyboard but it can still be very very fun if done right.

I thought the same way you did before I got my 360. Now having played it for a year I can tell you that it may not be as fast or as reliable as a mouse and keyboard but it can still be very very fun if done right.

Exactly! (Y)

I always find it amusing when PC FPS players clammor on and on about how "Oh wtfbbq!! KB+Mouse pwnzz u n00b u uz'in crappy joystiq like atari!! halmalmhoaha bbqwtf!!!!111" When they haven't even given the two-joystick FPS control ala Halo a real chance (ie: longer than just a couple hours/days). :no: