Armed Assault demo

ArmA is a first person tactical military shooter with large elements of realism and simulation spread over large areas with fully simulated environment and modern military vehicles and equipment.

* Story driven singleplayer campaign

* Large scale multiplayer battles

* More than 30 modern weapons

* Vast environment to explore, fictional island Sahrani

* More than 30 modern vehicles

* DirectX 9 engine with real world dynamic lighting and weather effects

* Built-in mission editor and support for user made content

This is demo version of ArmA and it covers only small part of the full game: cut down part of the Sahrani, main island of the game, 3 multiplayer missions (Cooperative (1-8 players), Capture the Flag (1-16 players) and

Capture the Island (1-60 players)) and selected units, vehicles and weapons.

:)

I'll be posting this as news in a bit, and yes this is fully English.

* CPU: 2 GHz

* RAM: 512 MB

* Nvidia Geforce FX with 128 MB RAM & pixel shader 2.0, ATI Radeon 9500 with 128 MB of RAM

& pixel shader 2.0

* Free HD Space: 3 GB (or more as needed for downloadable addons)

* Software: Windows XP or Windows 2000 and DirectX 9

Recommended Specification:

* CPU: 3 GHz

* RAM: 1 GB

* Video Card: Nvidia 6800 and above or Ati x800 and above with at least 256 MB RAM

* Free HD Space: 3 GB (or more as needed for downloadable addons)

* Software: Windows XP and DirectX 9

Sys Reqs

Well.... what can I say? Personally, I didn't think all that much to it. Joined a server with no real idea of what to do or where to go, much like the others on the server with me. Some mission tips or an idea of where to go and who to kill would have been nice, especially for a demo where 99% of people playing will probably have no real idea of what the game is about.

Graphically speaking, I kept my settings at 1040.... hitting 1600 crashed my PC on the setup screen :o. Running a 6800 with an AMD 2.4 GHz processor, so it isn't exactly uber, but still enough to run a game of Pong. In game anims and sound weren't as I expected either. I was hoping for a decent looking pair of hands at least.

Functionality wise...finally worked out how to get into the tanks (been a while since I played OF) but those helicopters didn't like me at all. Sorry to my team for ploughing them all down.

As first impressions go, I wasn't that ecited by what I saw... I may give it another go when there's a single player mission specific demo available, but as a taster of what's to come, I'm sadly disappointed.

to me it looks like a battlefield knock off to me

I believe its the opposite. Operation Flashpoint was the first in this series and was out prior to any of the Battlefield series of games.

anyone else has played the demo and can give an impression of the game?

Hard.

When i played all i could think was Operation Flashpoint.

Never really played OFP, but when I played the demo all I could think of was "jeez, its gonna take weeks to get to know this game"...I don't know if that's good or bad though :|

Overall its a techically impressive game, but performance is horrible on my system, and as you said there are no help icons, tuts or anything for newbies. :|

Hard.

Never really played OFP, but when I played the demo all I could think of was "jeez, its gonna take weeks to get to know this game"...I don't know if that's good or bad though :|

Overall its a techically impressive game, but performance is horrible on my system, and as you said there are no help icons, tuts or anything for newbies. :|

From what I heard is OPF always had performance problems, and people say this game will have the same problem.

Completely different as far as story. But plays exacty likt OPF with really nice grapgics.

The lousy front end is back though.

Still like it, it's just takes allot of work to learn.

Well within 2 hrs. I installed it ,played 5 servers and uninstalled it .lol

Can it get any more horibble than this !! I should have been A April

fools joke instead of a Xmas present .

• 1 month later...