Microsoft Wins an Emmy

Microsoft Wins an Emmy

DirectX won an Emmy for Pioneering Work in Near and Real-Time Fully Programmable Shading Via Modern Graphics Processors. Microsoft Windows also won for Streaming Media Architectures and Components. Congrats to both teams!

Microsoft employees Chas Boyd, Anantha Kancherla, and Sam Glassenberg pick up the Emmy, and pose for photos.

2210_0394.jpg

2210_0902.jpg

Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) gets a look at the Emmy.

352204076_4a34ec0b01.jpg

352204095_c0cc63d533.jpg

Eariler in the week, we heard a rumor that Gamerscore Blog won an Emmy, so we prepared a press release. Turns out there's lots of confusion going around about Emmys. Gamerscore Blog didn't win as previously thought. Oh, well.

souricon.gif News source: Gamerscore Blog

made in HK? we should be so lucky. that would make it too expensive.

and i thought Hryb had a beard? did he until recently?

but it is weird there's a barcode down there...

Wait, Sony gave Microsoft an award?

actually this is the second one... :shiftyninja:

Xbox Live Emmy

Last month I posted how Xbox Live won an Emmy. Today, we had a team meeting where we all got together to celebrate and have our photo taken with the statue. The picture above is the actual Emmy we get to keep here at the office. I posted more photos of the award on my Flickr site.

I find it a bit ironic that I went to Syracuse University and studied Television, Radio and Film...and it took coming to Microsoft for me to be on a team that won an Emmy.

50354277_2ff9c42500.jpg

Source: Major Nelson

I thought that it was a common rule that Sony gave awards to themselves over their competitors?

well, you know how this stuff works... Microsoft's Emmy was just another cover up to make them look like good and friendly citizens... :rolleyes: :shifty: :whistle:

j/k... :blush: :laugh: :rofl: :p